Incoming? Defoe and Long

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

defoe . hmm
long .. meh
i like the wigan lad (powell?)
Yes I'd rather see us signing players like Powell who, at 24, is still looking to create a name for himself in the game, rather than "been there done it" Defoe at 36. I know Defoe was fantastic at one bit, but what motivation will he have to come North for the last 1 or 2 years of his playing career and bust a gut for us?

Old striker on huuuge wages looking for a last loan move. What could possibly go wrong?

if Defoe did come to the lane, he collected his OBE today, would he be the first Blades player at the lane to own one??? serious question...

Defoe is some player and even at his age would do a job, however don’t think he offers much dissimilar to Sharp.

During the last window Wilder answered calls for pace and power by saying we don’t play a way that requires it, but with the options we have now I genuinely can’t see what we are missing up front if pace and power isn’t needed. Neither Long or Defoe offer power although Long is rapid if I recall right?

These two do seem like a one season push option though. Would much prefer us to look at younger options, with freedom of movement ending in March? It would be smart to have a big January not just in terms of pushing on this season but with an eye on resale value too, price of British players will explode in the summer..

Also reckon Washington will be moved on, probably end up back at Posh.

if Defoe did come to the lane, he collected his OBE today, would he be the first Blades player at the lane to own one??? serious question...

I did think the same thing. As plenty of people that should be are honoury sirs Billy Sharp, Chris Wilder, Dave Bassett, Neil Warnock but never proper ones

Defoe would be unreal signing, sorry but hes literally a league above sharp in quality (Sorry Billy). Defoe can create his own chances as well as being a fantastic poacher! Remember a few years back he scored 5 goals for spurs in 1 game!!

Defoe would be unreal signing, sorry but hes literally a league above sharp in quality (Sorry Billy). Defoe can create his own chances as well as being a fantastic poacher! Remember a few years back he scored 5 goals for spurs in 1 game!!
That was NINE years ago.
How many bigger names than Leon or Mcgoldrick have we been linked with?
I can believe us Blades are going on name rather than attitude.
He might run about like a mad man for us but more likely than not he wont put half the effort that Billy will.
The guy moved to CANADA to play football in his 30s. Nothing says "ready for retorment" more than that. He was class, he might still be, but I'd still rather risk those kinda wages on a young hungry striker.

That was NINE years ago.
How many bigger names than Leon or Mcgoldrick have we been linked with?
I can believe us Blades are going on name rather than attitude.
He might run about like a mad man for us but more likely than not he wont put half the effort that Billy will.
The guy moved to CANADA to play football in his 30s. Nothing says "ready for retorment" more than that. He was class, he might still be, but I'd still rather risk those kinda wages on a young hungry striker.

Came back and scored nearly 20 for a relegation fodder Sunderland in his 30s

If we are looking for another striker what about Freddie Sears from Ipswich with them in a relegation fight we could tempt him to come here

I think Long will happen - not in the Southampton squad at all for the cup game with Leicester the other night.

He does normally make the bench for The Saints but is currently injured

Long would be a surprising and outstanding signing IMO.

Word on Twitter yesterday was that Celtic might be after Long, too.

Hallam2 (?) were using this as a news story this morning so could there be an element of truth in it.

Not a station I've listened to before, was on where I was working

I wonder if Defoe still based in London? Or is Shane Long for that matter?

Basically my brother is on the train to London and he’s just text me saying Wilder is sat behind him! First thought was why is he going there and then sheer panic!

Basically my brother is on the train to London and he’s just text me saying Wilder is sat behind him! First thought was why is he going there and then sheer panic!

He’s off to give Teresa May some Brexit advice

Changing at that there fancy London and on to Southampton ;)

They’ve announced a new manager haven’t they Southampton?
Has anybody told Wilder? Is there Peroni on the cattle truck? :D
Oooooorrrr have the delays got that bad, Chris set off before the Saints announced the appointment?
Oooooorrr is he on his way to be like the contents of Hitlers toilet, an Austrian's number 2?
Oooooorrrr is Billyblade flapping around because he'd not seen that Southampton had appointed a new manager and didn't want to look stupid?

Down to see big Kev in SUFC Offices in Soho, to discuss how many millions will be coming his way in January to enhance the squad.....

Unfortunately during the recent derby match he ventured too close to the pigs bench and caught a dose of massiveitis, he's going to scout out hotels for the team to stay for the play off final
Luckily it was only a small dose or he'd be going to Chelsea demanding to sign hazard for next year's premier League title campaign

Back
Top Bottom