Deafening Feckin Silence

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Keen Blade

Look Sharp !
Reaction score
Since we bought all dem season tickets.

Would someone , anyone , at the club , make any kind of encouraging noise ?

The Prince , his daughter , her husband , Bettis , Mitchell , Schreiber ?

or is Boris the Blade just gonna come in on Wednesday morning with his reliable (heavy) gun , shoot the first 6 and bludgeon the rest of the club's leadership (?) to death , leaving a note which reads :

"I wanted 4 or 5 players , you fucked me about , so I've fucked you up ....... you won't fuck me about again"

or is Boris the Blade just gonna come in on Wednesday morning with his reliable (heavy) gun , shoot the first 6 and bludgeon the rest of the club's leadership (?) to death , leaving a note which reads :

"I wanted 4 or 5 players , you fucked me about , so I've fucked you up ....... you won't fuck me about again"
Is buying dem tickets on a condition .🤔

Why should the club make any noises until signings are made.
In the past we have looked stupid after leaks have then not come our way

Is it because the usual leakers cant understand any other dialect that "tha noze wes sinin im from dat club". Having forrun staff may have scuppered them.

I think letting on who we are interested in is the reason we were unsuccessful under Wilder wasn't it. Naming your targets either alerts others, mainly Villa, or bumps the price up, mainly Liverpool. We don't need to know who we are going for, just that we are being active in the transfer market is enough, and Slav has said we do have targets.

I'm all for no noise on signings as long that doesn't mean that actually we're unable to make the signings!

I know, I'll ring ClubCall, Andy Pack will have all the answers!

I'm all for no noise on signings as long that doesn't mean that actually we're unable to make the signings!

Agree…it’s a good sign that the club are learning to keep their cards close to their chests.

I’m not in the slightest bit concerned and have no criticism yet.
We should wait until the transfer window closes before making an initial judgement
and then we should wait a couple of months before making a judgement on how effective or how poor the new signings were.

We will not sign anyone other than this lad that’s training with us. Mark my words.

The recruitment team is abysmal. To be relying on Berge/ Ramsdale sales to actually have any budget at all is ludicrous. £24m guaranteed from Ramsdale sale. Parachute payments received. Players contract relegation clauses. How on earth do we not have any money?

The TV & prize money from two season in the premiership completely out weighs what we spent on new signings.

Like our old friend McCabe said. The Prince is not financially strong enough to own 100% of this club. He simply relies on prize money (don’t think I’m sticking up for McCabe here by the way, couldn’t stand him)

Bought the club for £1 spent £5m of his own money. Feels like a Mike Ashley sort of deal this for him.

I love it. It just like the halcyon days when the first you heard of new player was when Pritchett told you. Hell, I turned up for games and had to ask, who's the number 8?

The entitled SM generation knowing nowt is funny as fuck. Long may it continue.
Would agree if we were actually signing some bastard players. 😅 ⚔️

Do you know something the closer we get to deadline day ,the less stressed/disappointed I feel , after 60 years of supporting the blades I have become even more glass half empty
We not going to sign a marquee player or anyone that can do a job ,I think Bettis is a poor man's Daniel levy, even the rumour mill is unexciting linked with player's we are not going to get in month of Sundays or has beens and ones who run like they have lead diving boots on
Slav if you are on this forum do yourself a favour and resign you've been sold a duff second hand car mate
I was really excited that we had appointed a good football playing manager and he would be backed by the board ,we call the pigs delusional but some of us are getting as bad

I'm going to skweam and skweam until I'm sick if we don't sign anyone....

Why should the club make any noises until signings are made.
In the past we have looked stupid after leaks have then not come our way

Do you really think it was United leaking all the players we were interested in? There is the selling club, agents, the player himself and god knows who else involved in the transfer.

If no transfer rumours are out there, I’d say it’s highly likely that there is very little happening!

We will not sign anyone other than this lad that’s training with us. Mark my words.

The recruitment team is abysmal. To be relying on Berge/ Ramsdale sales to actually have any budget at all is ludicrous. £24m guaranteed from Ramsdale sale. Parachute payments received. Players contract relegation clauses. How on earth do we not have any money?

The TV & prize money from two season in the premiership completely out weighs what we spent on new signings.

Like our old friend McCabe said. The Prince is not financially strong enough to own 100% of this club. He simply relies on prize money (don’t think I’m sticking up for McCabe here by the way, couldn’t stand him)

Bought the club for £1 spent £5m of his own money. Feels like a Mike Ashley sort of deal this for him.
Here we go again

“Bought the club for £1 spent £5m of his own money.”

Do you really think it was United leaking all the players we were interested in? There is the selling club, agents, the player himself and god knows who else involved in the transfer.

If no transfer rumours are out there, I’d say it’s highly likely that there is very little happening!
A lot of the leaks under McCabe came from one of the directors at the time. The new owners have rightly tightened up on this. We may not like it but it’s more professional.

However, l do understand there may be nothing to leak.

A lot of the leaks under McCabe came from one of the directors at the time. The new owners have rightly tightened up on this. We may not like it but it’s more professional.

I am starting to wonder if the board are trying to be a bit too cute, waiting for the last day of the window for pre, teams to finalise their 25 after a few last minute buys for themselves. They may get better value for money however we all have our fav deadline day fuck up which tells us it doesn’t always work. They best have 15 players lined up at the train station as only 2 might sign

The latest accounts that were filed show no money was taken out of the club by any one at a board level didn’t it?

The latest accounts that were filed show no money was taken out of the club by any one at a board level didn’t it?
It shows that his shareholder loan was repaid by years end without ever being drawn on. Eg if he did put money in, hes got it back out already

I can understand us wanting a transfer to stay a secret until the deal is done, but it’s in the interests of the selling club, agent and player for other clubs to be interested.

That’s why transfers are always leaked before it’s signed, we probably didn’t tell anyone about the deal, but the Davies transfer was still in the press a day or two before completion.

I hope I’m wrong but no rumours right now suggests to me that nothing is remotely close.

I have some sympathy with the Prince. Maybe sympathy isn't the right word.

But if the plan was sell Rammers and Berge, two of the bigger PL signings, for 50-60m and retain all the rest, including those that were scoring one in two at this level, McBurnie and Brewster, on paper it probably wasn't the worst plan in the world.

You could rationalize on paper, that you still had the same group that got promoted, minus Duffy but plus Freeman, everyone else still there, plus a couple more expensive strikers than Madine and Hogan and you might have 10m or more wiggle room even having covered the reported 40m shortfall.

But that was Plan A, which incidentally also involved hiring the best manager available and one who is probably seen as having higher stock than Wilder.

But we didn't sell Berge. None of the other players have attracted any interest either, probably due to them being bad signings who piggybacked on the momentum of promotion and since lockdown have shown their true worth. As far as other managers are concerned they were bad buys that aren't up to it at the top table. No Championship club is spending anywhere near what we paid to take them either. So the only way they regain value is through performances for us.

Given the hangover of relegation the only way to recover this is to get at least some new faces in to give the place a lift, some new life, create some competition. As bad as Lundstram was and as easy as it was for him to retain his place, the same is now applying to Fleck, Berge and Norwood. They all need to see their spot under threat. That way they either perform, which helps us, of they don't play.

Plan B unfortunately needs the Prince to dip into funds and if needs be revisit in January player sales. But writing off the season in September will have lasting and irrevocable effects.

Back
Top Bottom