David Holdsworth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doesn’t get talked about enough as being one of our very good captains.

I always got the impression he would have liked to have stayed with us longer.
He and Graham Stuart were both sold just before deadline day in 1999, costing us a good chance of the playoffs as we'd just got in the top six for the first time that season. We promptly lost at home to Oxford (who ended up going down) and took only one point from 4 games.

Stuart went to Charlton and was probably happy to do so (he did very well there) but I recall that Holdsworth didn't want to go and was strong armed into leaving, a bit like Carl Tiler the season before.

Watford, who we had stuffed at home 3-0, won the playoffs.

None of the Patreon ones have ever subsequently appeared on their free channel.

An incredibly high proportion of their podcasts with ex-Blades seem to be on the patreon, for some reason.
The Jamie Hoyland double bill was a classic…and free

Saw him at M&S at Meadowhead during lockdown. Looked to be doing a midsized shop.

Beat that for an anecdote.

I’ve just been told a friend lent him a PS1 game in 1997 and then he subsequently moved house and never returned it!!

Reputation tarnished.

None of the Patreon ones have ever subsequently appeared on their free channel.

An incredibly high proportion of their podcasts with ex-Blades seem to be on the patreon, for some reason.

I still have a subscription. Signed up during the beginning of lock down as I wasn’t spending any money going down the pub. It’s pretty reasonable, but they’re starting to get a bit annoying. Only the mackem asks anything meaningful. Big Jon just regurgitates questions about “nights aaart” and how he were a shit trainer.

I think he would have if united went up and Kendall stayed but too much stuff going on upstairs. When you look at Spackman, Thompson, Bruce can’t blame him. Wasn’t a great time being a blade round then 😂 mediocrity until 06/07
Tad unfair to lump Spackman in with Thompson & t’other twat
Played some glorious football under NS

Went to watch Gretna some years ago when he was there. I emailed their ticket office to enquire about tickets, and toild them they'd have four Blades (and one pig) coming to watch them. They sent back a nice reply, and said they'd shown the email to Holdsworth, who apparently told them to make sure the Blades got the tickets they needed, according to the nice ticket lady.

He didn't fature for Grenta that day, who were in really good form on their way to promotion. They lost. :D

Went to watch Gretna some years ago when he was there. I emailed their ticket office to enquire about tickets, and toild them they'd have four Blades (and one pig) coming to watch them. They sent back a nice reply, and said they'd shown the email to Holdsworth, who apparently told them to make sure the Blades got the tickets they needed, according to the nice ticket lady.

He didn't fature for Grenta that day, who were in really good form on their way to promotion. They lost. :D
Did he fature for Gretna tho?

A good bloke! He's still as fit as a fiddle and does a lot of personal training work now (Biggs/Partridge is one of his clients). Another one whose career brought him to Sheffield and never left - a testament to the S/SW segment of the city and what a nice place it is to live, especially for young families.

His mrs works for Redbrik and is also lovely.

He and Graham Stuart were both sold just before deadline day in 1999, costing us a good chance of the playoffs as we'd just got in the top six for the first time that season. We promptly lost at home to Oxford (who ended up going down) and took only one point from 4 games.

Stuart went to Charlton and was probably happy to do so (he did very well there) but I recall that Holdsworth didn't want to go and was strong armed into leaving, a bit like Carl Tiler the season before.

Watford, who we had stuffed at home 3-0, won the playoffs.
My abiding memory of that Oxford game is a later winner for them followed by the man in front of us sitting with his head in his hands shouting “Oxford, fucking Oxford”

Memries.

Did Lee Morris go shortly after?

Did he live in Dore? Vaguely remember him knocking about there. I feel like him and Katchouro lived on Long Line but my minds fuzzy. Somewhat nostalgic days, but never really led to anything.
'Man or mouse' to go down Long Line, back of a motor bike at 100mph, facing the wrong way! Would'nt do it now too sensible! Eh the 80's were crazy!

Back
Top Bottom