David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
Surely won’t stay at Bournemouth for another season but might not attract Premiership bids due to his limited games this year / injury record. Can’t see it happening but is just what we need at the Lane.

Jack Wilshere? Silent Blade ;)

Hope Brooks goes somewhere for a decent fee so we get a sell on clause, perhaps to Spurs?

lol. Let's hope Bournemouth will sell him for 50p! He'll go to the Premier League.

If Brooks does leave the Cherries for a PL club which is likely to happen now after todays result Utd will surely getting part of the fee.

Does seem he has ankle issues which is a real shame as he's got so much ability. Will likely cost him a move to a top 6 level side but if I was a villa or Everton I would go for him.

The last think we need is another young forward who's showed glimpses of excitement and flashes of potential but ultimately flatters to deceive!!

If we spend money other than athletic centre midfielders and double hard bastard centre backs, then my shoes are coming off...

Surely won’t stay at Bournemouth for another season but might not attract Premiership bids due to his limited games this year / injury record. Can’t see it happening but is just what we need at the Lane.
Why won't he stay at Bournemouth?

Can't say I've been that impressed whenever I've seen him for Bournemouth
Think we got maximum value for him

Unfortunately he had a botched ankle surgery at the end of his first outstanding season for Bournemouth. It was just a minor clean up. Hasn't quite looked the same since.

I cant see any premiership side wanting him...not enough minutes on the pitch. On his day he's international class but they are few and far between due to injury, illness and inconsistency when 'fit' stemming largely from the first 2 problems.

He was the player that Bournemouth took off after the sending off; which was telling. He's built like a 16 yr old and he's nearly 24. Plus he's got a dodgy ankle.

Think we did well to get a decent fee for him, he is too weak to play premiership football.
Hope to be proved wrong to enable us to get a sell on fee but not counting on it to boost out transfer kitty, if he us to move I now expect it to be this summer.

He’s had a taste of the Premier League and his best chance with Bournemouth was an immediate return - players who think they are premiership standard are seldom happy to spend at least 2 years out of it, hence why I don’t think that he’ll come to us either.

They’ll need to seriously cost cut for next season.

If there’s no PL interest, then I’d certainly be open to a cheeky loan offer with a view to buy if we go up. We take his wages off their books and it’s a minimal outlay as we should never look to a perm at the moment.

They’ll need to seriously cost cut for next season.

If there’s no PL interest, then I’d certainly be open to a cheeky loan offer with a view to buy if we go up. We take his wages off their books and it’s a minimal outlay as we should never look to a perm at the moment.

I don't think they will be that desperate to cut cost to loan him us a potential promotion rival.

I think there is a least 4/5 players on higher wages they could look to cash in on.

They'll try again with big wages.

Brooks might get a few sniffs but his stock has gone down a fair bit I feel.

Maybe Fulham might have a look, because they'll feel they've a good chance of bouncing back again, Premier League wise I can't see many teams that won't be in the relegation battle taking the risk, so he might just accept he's going to have to get himself promoted back to the PL and stay put.

They'll try again with big wages.

Brooks might get a few sniffs but his stock has gone down a fair bit I feel.

Maybe Fulham might have a look, because they'll feel they've a good chance of bouncing back again, Premier League wise I can't see many teams that won't be in the relegation battle taking the risk, so he might just accept he's going to have to get himself promoted back to the PL and stay put.
I think it depends on transfer fee. I reckon he'd have a lot of PL suitors at 15 million. Villa, for instance. That Ross Barclay role. Think he'd be a good squad player for a few of the bigger clubs too. Even someone like Spurs.

Can't say I've been that impressed whenever I've seen him for Bournemouth
Think we got maximum value for him

He had a great first season at Bournemouth in the Premier League. He was even linked with a move to Man Utd off the back of it.

Seems like the ankle injury he suffered has halted him big time and he hasn’t been at the same level since.

Still, a fit, in-form David Brooks is too good for the Championship.

As my Bournemouth supporting friend told me. He had fantastic ability he’s just made of feathers. Not built well enough and an ankle made of biscuits

Brooks is an 'X-factor player'; players who can, on their day or in a moment, produce the quality that wins a match.

Our squad is completely devoid of such players and the last 12 months of Training Pitch football, that has made the value of X-factor players even greater, has ruthlessly exposed that fact.

Every other top flight side has at least one of these players. Even the next worst team, WBA, have Pereira.

There will always be a market for such players - and rightly so, because I want to see players who have vision and skill, and can do more than the man in the stands could do, frankly, if he trained all week - players will have a premium value.

The higher value is probably part of the reason why we don't have any of these type of players. They are invariably worth the extra investment, though, because in a league where roughly 10 wins keeps you on the gravy train, you only need your match-winner to fire or even be available relatively sporadically. The experienced managers of clubs who successfully hang around lower mid-table (Palace, Newcastle) have worked that out. Saint-Maximan, for instance, misses half of Newcastle's games but when he plays, he affects games; he wins matches.

Unfortunately, it always feels that we place a higher premium on players who never positively impact games but will be available more or less every week.

It's a real shame about the injuries that Brooks has suffered over the past 18 months. He is a terrific player of rare vision. In his first season he played 33 of Bournemouth's league games, made numerous match-winning contributions and, as others have said, was being talked about nationally as the next big thing.

As my Bournemouth supporting friend told me. He had fantastic ability he’s just made of feathers. Not built well enough and an ankle made of biscuits
Similar to Jack Wilshere then. Good player but can't stay fit.

Do we need a few players with talent like him? Absolutely. Will he go to a PL club, almost certainly (if he even moves at all).

Ps he couldnt wait to shove off from the Lane though.

Back
Top Bottom