Incoming? Dan Burn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sky know nowt. He’s playing in what appears to be a back three, in the JOC role, with Ben White as the Basham.

£13m for Dan Burn?!?!? Howe and their recruitment team aren't half going to blast through some cash in trying to improve the side to a position where they're able to attract the sort of top talent they're really after.

£13m for Dan Burn?!?!? Howe and their recruitment team aren't half going to blast through some cash in trying to improve the side to a position where they're able to attract the sort of top talent they're really after.

It’s a weird one isn’t it, we’ve seen both City and Chelsea go through this transition but I don’t recall either singing a Dan Burn or Chris Wood?? Guess london was a big draw for players for Chelsea and even Manchester for players for City when compared to Newcastle but still?

It’s a weird one isn’t it, we’ve seen both City and Chelsea go through this transition but I don’t recall either singing a Dan Burn or Chris Wood?? Guess london was a big draw for players for Chelsea and even Manchester for players for City when compared to Newcastle but still?

1) Chelsea & City were not fighting relegation

2) Eddie Howe was not their manager

City bought the likes of Adam Johnson, Wayne Bridge, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry and Craig Bellamy once they got taken over - it was a while before they started to get significant international pull

Neither of those clubs were facing relegation though

If they go down with a bunch of marquee signings then it will be a mess. Having Wood and Burn in a relagation scrap or a promotion campaign would be a big plus.

Neither of those clubs were facing relegation though

If they go down with a bunch of marquee signings then it will be a mess. Having Wood and Burn in a relagation scrap or a promotion campaign would be a big plus.
It’s a very good point

City bought the likes of Adam Johnson, Wayne Bridge, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry and Craig Bellamy once they got taken over - it was a while before they started to get significant international pull

Not to be pendantic but I’m sure Bellamy came before the last takeover? The others could be argued were a class above burn and wood. But like others have pointed out guess neither of those clubs were fighting relegation

I don't think £13m is that obscene for Dan Burn given current market conditions. He's been a consistently solid performer for Brighton.
A ready-made decent defender that can come in & improve their options. They've been after a left-sided centre half for a while and he ticks the box.
Granted, there's probably a 20% uplift because the buying club is Newcastle, but that still puts him around £10m.

Any chance of us hijacking his move to Newcastle last minute?

Not to be pendantic but I’m sure Bellamy came before the last takeover? The others could be argued were a class above burn and wood. But like others have pointed out guess neither of those clubs were fighting relegation
Shinawatra sold the club in September 2008, they signed Bellamy the following January. I guess the other thing that differentiates City with Newcastle is that Shinawatra had already invested a decent amount before selling. He wasn’t nearly as tight with investment as Ashley has been.

Shinawatra sold the club in September 2008, they signed Bellamy the following January. I guess the other thing that differentiates City with Newcastle is that Shinawatra had already invested a decent amount before selling. He wasn’t nearly as tight with investment as Ashley has been.

Also just found out Dan Burn has a finger missing !

I don't think £13m is that obscene for Dan Burn given current market conditions. He's been a consistently solid performer for Brighton.
A ready-made decent defender that can come in & improve their options. They've been after a left-sided centre half for a while and he ticks the box.
Granted, there's probably a 20% uplift because the buying club is Newcastle, but that still puts him around £10m.

Like Chelsea and Man City did previously, Newcastle are almost playing with a cheat code at the moment, with little or no regard for value for money. Therefore, they probably don't care that they'll most likely recoup very little/none of his fee.

That said, even considering market conditions, £13m for an almost 30yo Burn still seems a lot to me - I'm not sure he'll further improve as a player, although he will be useful next season if Newcastle don't escape the drop.

Can you imagine the uproar had Utd spent that much on him?

Back
Top Bottom