CW bossing it again

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I see that little twat Danny Rose has been moaning about playing
He doesnt like playing football anyway and has stated on more than one occasion hes only in it for the money
I wish hed fuck off and retire
He and Gary Neville just cant keep their gobs shut ,opinion on everything ,always total opposite of what I think ,but they must be heard. Pair of cunts,is it a full back thing ?

What is Bruce on about? More to the point, what has he, his staff, and his highly paid players been doing the last couple of months? Very little it seems.

Sure as long as you're paying your staff, of which players will be the most important part, there is an obligation to maintain levels of fitness, even if they're not quite up to match-day levels. As Wilder has shown, carefully planned fitness regimes, designed with each player in mind, enable a player to maintain near peak levels of fitness. It's not perfect, but what it does is to ensure that players maintain levels of fitness that would enable them to resume playing with very little notice.

If the managerial organisation at clubs throughout England has been worth anything, then any club who've wasted these last few months should hang their heads in shame. Wilder's preparedness has been exemplary. Just knowing how Wilder expects players to respond to the demands of what it means to be a professional player, you just know that any player who've abused their carefully prepared fitness plans will be on the wrong end of Wilder's view of what it means to be a professional player. A view that I happen to support 100%. Fortunately we have a manager who doesn't give lip-service to the idea that discipline matters.

Statistically 0.75% of deaths from Coronavirus in the UK have been people under the age of 30. That equates to less than 300? Out of 66 million people? Not to mention they are in a different league when it comes to fitness, precautions and testing. The chances of one of them contracting it and dying is substantially less than the rest of us yet some bleat like babies. Glen Murray; ‘Football is not a necessity’ It’s not just your job mate, it’s hundreds of others connected with football, the majority who won’t be wrapped in cotton wool or sat on their arse on full pay contracts. ‘We shouldn’t play until 2021 when the crowds come back’ Would he happily go unpaid until then? Er.... nope

384 deaths of under 45s.

85% of those had one or more underlying health condition.

38 million people in the UK who are under 45.

0.00101% of all under 45s have “died with coronavirus”.

I think professional athletes well under 45 and getting tested twice a week will be fine:)

384 deaths of under 45s.

85% of those had one or more underlying health condition.

38 million people in the UK who are under 45.

0.00101% of all under 45s have “died with coronavirus”.

I think professional athletes well under 45 and getting tested twice a week will be fine:)

Exactly. Just 33 under 39 without underlying conditions!!

At best we are 4 weeks away though even with running allowed it's not the same as match sharpness is it.

I'll go with CW's assessment of being ready in 2 to 3 weeks. Some Clubs are taking restart seriously others are just hoping for null and void and are rolling out CEO's and players with various sob stories that are getting more desperate by the minute. Grant Hanley being a prime example. Granted there are a few genuine concerns about exposing at risk relatives but that can be dealt with on an individual basis by the player and Club involved.

I heard a BBC radio show a couple of days ago and the gist of the "for" arguement was along the lines of:
1. The government is actively encouraging people back to work provided it is safe to do so
2. If a risk assessment was to be done for a footballer and a construction worker who would be safer, (construction is a named industry for return)?
3. Footballers have the luxury of first rate medical facilities and testing
4. Footballers should be fit, young people and statistically should have low susceptibility to chronic symptoms of the virus
5. The are very well paid and any residual risks should be accepted given the amount they are paid

I will try and find the item. I think the debate was between Chris Sutton (playing devil's advocate) and Matthew Sayed ( a Times reporter and back to footy supporter)

Does it matter as long as all teams have the same time to do the equivalent type of training?

Well injuries aren't likely to be equal at every side. Let's say a side get relegated with a horror injury list or it costs us champions league. People wouldn't be happy!

Pearson - we only want to play when it’s safe.
Thanks Nigel for that startling revelation. Why didn’t anyone else think of that.

Bruce- the players need 6 weeks
No they don’t

His players probably do need 6 weeks if they follow the same diet as Bruce does.

I heard a BBC radio show a couple of days ago and the gist of the "for" arguement was along the lines of:
1. The government is actively encouraging people back to work provided it is safe to do so
2. If a risk assessment was to be done for a footballer and a construction worker who would be safer, (construction is a named industry for return)?
3. Footballers have the luxury of first rate medical facilities and testing
4. Footballers should be fit, young people and statistically should have low susceptibility to chronic symptoms of the virus
5. The are very well paid and any residual risks should be accepted given the amount they are paid

I will try and find the item. I think the debate was between Chris Sutton (playing devil's advocate) and Matthew Sayed ( a Times reporter and back to footy supporter)
Exactly we all have to.start going about our lives as best we can ,even hand washing alone significantly reduces the risk of spreading the virus .everyone will have to assess the risks and hope a vaccine is found or it Peters out before the ramifications are too severe

Your endless negativity is unbelievably tedious. Even if you believe it why do you think people want to read it?

Waiting a few weeks for fitness to improve is negatively when players and managers are now coming out for it?

If we must have this soulless TV contract football then at least make it as good as possible.

Waiting a few weeks for fitness to improve is negatively when players and managers are now coming out for it?

If we must have this soulless TV contract football then at least make it as good as possible.
You dont have to have any souless TV Contract Football, neither do any players, managers or clubs have to play, they really dont.

But leave us to get on with it, it appears, even tho you dont want it to take place, you still want to control those who do want it

Odd ..... no, Fuckin Odd

You dont have to have any souless TV Contract Football, neither do any players, managers or clubs have to play, they really dont.

But leave us to get on with it, it appears, even tho you dont want it to take place, you still want to control those who do want it

Odd ..... no, Fuckin Odd

I want to control?! Okay fella 😂

Well injuries aren't likely to be equal at every side. Let's say a side get relegated with a horror injury list or it costs us champions league. People wouldn't be happy!
Exactly the same as in a normal season then wouldn't you say?

Exactly the same as in a normal season then wouldn't you say?

Nothing normal about this though. With Bruce, Sterling and others asking for more time suspect it will be the next few days of debate! Having seen a bit of the German stuff it did look a bit rusty so I think there is a valid argument.

Nothing normal about this though. With Bruce, Sterling and others asking for more time suspect it will be the next few days of debate! Having seen a bit of the German stuff it did look a bit rusty so I think there is a valid argument.
So focus on the few over the many?
Ok.

I didn’t realise we all had to have the same number of injuries! Some clubs have more than others. That’s the nature of the game. This can be down to bad luck or the right conditioning. Our injury list over the past 4 years has been small with only Coutts’ broken leg and Freeman’s dislocated knee being down to bad luck. It’s part and parcel of the game and not a good enough reason not to resume for me

Why is it starting to look more unlikely?

Because he wants it to.

I'm beginning to think he'd like a big outbreak amongst the Bundesliga to prove himself correct in his constant doomsday assertions.

He seems to think he has the monopoly on caring about the effects of the virus and has a handle on the facts that most of us aren't fathoming.

I sometimes struggle to be positive about things and have some anxiety type issues including insomnia as a result. But staying positive is the only way to deal with this otherwise we'll end up with far bigger issues.

I don't want to wallow in fear and negativity but it doesn't mean I'm unable to put any perspective or empathy on this.

It (should be) simple. The manager of any player who is 'concerned' about the health implications of restarting the season should be told 'I respect your decision and will be happy not to select you. Meanwhile, I've got a football team to run so will be picking my strongest team available.'

I think most of us know what's going off here - not just in football, but people who just don't fancy going back to work. 'Dangers in the workplace'? I don't recall the unions bothering about people working on building sites, farms etc.

So for last 8 weeks I've been working from home. Doing my job remotely. Same 8.5 hours a day earning my money. Footballers jobs is to play football. Thats their job. Part of that job is keeping fit. So according to Bruce for the last 8 weeks they have been sat on their arses getting unfit. Paid how much a week and not keeping fit ? Not talking match fit obviously but they have nowt else to do so should be keeping fit. What they been doing sat playing FIFA all day ? They should be able to get match fit in 4 weeks.

Players are making it all about them.
Grant Hanley captain of bottom of the table Norwich City spoke yesterday, frightened to go up for corners, it could end my career if I catch it!
Would he be saying that if they were in our position?, no chance.

Key workers have been taking genuine risks and we have seen tragic loss of life for Nhs staff, cleaners, care workers.
Footballers will be playing in the safest environment in Britain, everyone tested, everything sterile, the pathetic whining of a few of them does not help their reputation, only enhances it.
I'm a support worker and don't really get all these risks we are supposed to be facing.
While head office have been working from home they have been sending us all around the west midlands, some just to get their contracted hours in. I can't count the number of people I have been in contact with.
Fortunately I don't watch tv or listen to the news at home.
Unfortunately I have been forced to work where they do and after about an hour of Morgan followed by Schofield I have never felt so ill.
We had paramedics come in to see a service user recently and the 3rd degree about covid-1984 was ridiculous for someone who needed urgent medical care.
They came in, already ppe'd up, proceeded to touch everything in their bags', it equipment, then touch the person, then touch all the equipment, then touch the person again and left with the same ppe on.
I've lost 2 family members to old age and both have been registered as covid-1984 & not allowed to go to the funerals because no one else is ill.
Sorry to those who believe but I call bs

Back
Top Bottom