CW bossing it again

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sick of hearing about certain players and managers moaning about re starting the season.
If the player's don't want to play fine just don't expect to be paid.
The ones moaning need to stop being so selfish and think about all the key workers who have kept going on a fraction of their pay.
The media need to stop reporting all the negative shit and be a bit more balanced although that doesn't suit their agenda's.

Players are making it all about them.
Grant Hanley captain of bottom of the table Norwich City spoke yesterday, frightened to go up for corners, it could end my career if I catch it!
Would he be saying that if they were in our position?, no chance.

Key workers have been taking genuine risks and we have seen tragic loss of life for Nhs staff, cleaners, care workers.
Footballers will be playing in the safest environment in Britain, everyone tested, everything sterile, the pathetic whining of a few of them does not help their reputation, only enhances it.

Classic Wilder mentality. It's not difficult to see why he gets the results and reaction he does.

Whilst I'm 100% for us doing everything we can to shield the most at risk, that can never be perfect, and we can't all sit isolating at home for much longer without bigger complications than we already have.

Pearson talks about a fatality. My issue with that is that not only could that still be potential this time next year, but if the whole of society takes that view nothing will improve.

I don't have the expertise to know whether it's too soon but I'm growing concerned with the numbers of people who think it's too soon for this, too soon for that. They will still have that view months down the line as little will have likely changed by then.

Fear is completely understandable but it's now the rationale behind many people's views and that worries me going forward.

Classic Wilder mentality. It's not difficult to see why he gets the results and reaction he does.

Whilst I'm 100% for us doing everything we can to shield the most at risk, that can never be perfect, and we can't all sit isolating at home for much longer without bigger complications than we already have.

Pearson talks about a fatality. My issue with that is that not only could that still be potential this time next year, but if the whole of society takes that view nothing will improve.

I don't have the expertise to know whether it's too soon but I'm growing concerned with the numbers of people who think it's too soon for this, too soon for that. They will still have that view months down the line as little will have likely changed by then.

Fear is completely understandable but it's now the rationale behind many people's views and that worries me going forward.

Thing is as well you look at the age group of footballers and they're statistically the least likely to suffer seriously from the virus and unlike most of the UK population are at their physical peak which is itself another mitigation.
If appropriate measures are taken to ensure limited spread of the virus within football then footballers can have no complaint when you've already got the likes of electricians and plumbers returning to work. It's the endemic entitlement of some players to think that they can somehow be exempt from doing their jobs like everyone else in the country.

It's starting to look unlikely the June 12th target is met. Three months since the last game surely a pre season of sorts is needed?

The argument to stay in own grounds is for sporting integrity but it's obvious players won't be as fit and games won't be as intense. By June the weather will be much warmer too which slows play down. Get them fit enough or players will sustain plenty of injuries.

Bruce has just been enjoying his time sat at home a little too much.

Getting back into work might prove difficult, at least for a few months.

Pearl.png

It's starting to look unlikely the June 12th target is met. Three months since the last game surely a pre season of sorts is needed?

The argument to stay in own grounds is for sporting integrity but it's obvious players won't be as fit and games won't be as intense. By June the weather will be much warmer too which slows play down. Get them fit enough or players will sustain plenty of injuries.
Why is it starting to look more unlikely?

They posted every day that all players were following training regimes. With advice on home training to keep fit. .if Pearson and Bruce have had slack routines it's probably why they are in the danger zone

Yep, and if things ever do get going again we will see who the true professionals are in this league. I have every confidence in the world that our boys will come flying out of the traps. I am equally confident that several teams will look like they have never played before.

I think that it’s fair to say that throughout this situation our leadership, management team and players have continued to display the same characteristics that we have seen throughout the last four years that make us are all so proud of them. An abundance of careful reflection, common sense and togetherness. I’ve seen very little of this from others.

I believe that the issues facing PL football are stark. Find a way to restart soon with all reasonable safety measures in place or accept that the game (and the business of the game) will face fundamental change. I have to say there’s a large part of me that despises the PL and all that goes with it, and as such that part of me is attracted to the disruption and change option albeit with concern for what the unknown might bring. I almost feel hypocritical to have enjoyed this season so much and my self interest part simply wants to let our own remarkable journey continue.

Over the last two months businesses up and down the UK (and across the world) have had to deal with this situation. If business leaders had said “we can’t work whilst there is any risk at all” or “we can’t go in as it might divert NHS resources” then we’d all be hiding under our beds. There’s risk in everything we do. The reality is that this is a horrible disease and it has affected many people, albeit the vast majority were already vulnerable through underlying health conditions. It is however not going away any time soon. By the time people get out from under their beds there’ll be very little left. We are now being actively encouraged by the government to get back to work. It is simply not realistic to stop the world indefinitely.

To those that would argue football is not important, tell that to the thousands of employees of the clubs as well as the millions of fans of the game. Is the garden centre, or the golf course or your local takeaway any more or less important? These are all working out how to return to the best version of normal as possible. Yes, football has it’s own challenges with social distancing. If there is a medical view that the game can be played then get on with it. If the view is that the risk is too great then head for plan b. Stop the game until the risk is acceptable with all of the associated implications, clubs will have to cease spending money with redundancies and furloughing whilst available.

However, once football has its own plan, and I believe that this is close now, then it should restart too. If players don’t want to play, as some employees in others business don’t want to return to work, then they shouldn’t be forced to do so. If they live with people who are shielding that is entirely fair and reasonable. However, they shouldn’t expect to be paid until they return to work, just like those employees elsewhere who choose not to return. Clubs will have to deal with this just like other business are doing every day.

Do none of these players & managers and their families ever leave their house. Could get it nipping to Tesco’s or from a package delivered to their house. I hate Boris and his government but he has said it is ok to return to work if you can’t work from home if it is good enough for the general public why not footballers as I don’t think they can work from home.

I'm sick of hearing about certain players and managers moaning about re starting the season.
If the player's don't want to play fine just don't expect to be paid.
The ones moaning need to stop being so selfish and think about all the key workers who have kept going on a fraction of their pay.
The media need to stop reporting all the negative shit and be a bit more balanced although that doesn't suit their agenda's.
The sports media have got virtually nothing to write about or talk about. They’ll be stories like this until a decision is made. A lot of journalists are freelance and they need to sell stories, ones that will attract clicks so their outlet will still get views and advertising revenue.

Germany kicked off yesterday, with social distancing in place (bizarre when you think about it). No reason why we won't be the same.

Well they are planning on having a premier league vote on when to have contact training this week apparently so clearly there is some sort of aim to introduce it first.

Thing is as well you look at the age group of footballers and they're statistically the least likely to suffer seriously from the virus and unlike most of the UK population are at their physical peak which is itself another mitigation.
If appropriate measures are taken to ensure limited spread of the virus within football then footballers can have no complaint when you've already got the likes of electricians and plumbers returning to work. It's the endemic entitlement of some players to think that they can somehow be exempt from doing their jobs like everyone else in the country.
Statistically 0.75% of deaths from Coronavirus in the UK have been people under the age of 30. That equates to less than 300? Out of 66 million people? Not to mention they are in a different league when it comes to fitness, precautions and testing. The chances of one of them contracting it and dying is substantially less than the rest of us yet some bleat like babies. Glen Murray; ‘Football is not a necessity’ It’s not just your job mate, it’s hundreds of others connected with football, the majority who won’t be wrapped in cotton wool or sat on their arse on full pay contracts. ‘We shouldn’t play until 2021 when the crowds come back’ Would he happily go unpaid until then? Er.... nope

Players are making it all about them.
Grant Hanley captain of bottom of the table Norwich City spoke yesterday, frightened to go up for corners, it could end my career if I catch it!
Would he be saying that if they were in our position?, no chance.
Well fuck me you learn something new everyday. Never mind hospitals and care homes I never knew you were more likely to catch it in the opposition’s penalty area.
:rolleyes:

God I would really love to be sat next to you on a flight to Australia.
Are you really this Gloomy/negative in real life ?
Keep Aug 2026 free I have a major birthday coming up and might need cheering up.😉

God I would really love to be sat next to you on a flight to Australia.
Are you really this Gloomy/negative in real life ?
Keep Aug 2026 free I have a major birthday coming up and might need cheering up.😉

Even media are pushing it back to 19th now with managers like Bruce wanting even longer. It's not gloom. It's just the situation. It'd only be a few weeks delay just to get fitness up to a level injuries shouldn't be a issue.

They posted every day that all players were following training regimes. With advice on home training to keep fit. .if Pearson and Bruce have had slack routines it's probably why they are in the danger zone
....and this i think bodes well for our performances for the last few games we play. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling our lads will still be in great shape. I know match fitness it different gravy but i have a very good feeling we'll be in far better shape than, for instance, Bruce's "stars".

Back
Top Bottom