Current ‘strike force’

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aah 'Billy and the Clonosaurus' my go to whenever I tell people I want to write a book.

So currently, our strike force at the moment are Oli McBurnie, Benie Traoré, Daniel Jebbison, William Osula, Antwoine Hackford, Rhian Brewster, Andre Brooks & Louis Marsh

Now currently McBurnie & Brewster are constantly in & out of the treatment room so cannot be relied upon.

Benie Traoré is a young lad brought in to a complete new country at 20 years old for a fee in the region of 5m so I believe. I still would class him as an academy prospect.
The rest I’ve named are academy prospects also.

This summer we have lost 47 goals out of the 73 we scored last season (13 from McBurnie I’ve took into account as injured) and we’ve brought in just Traoré. We got promoted nearly 17 weeks ago. We have got no creativity in the midfield and a current strike force about as handy as toothache. Yet I’m seeing some fans think we’re well equipped for this season. Absolutely disgraceful it has come to this point. The lack of planning is unacceptable for the fans and the current players alike.
Brewster isn't constantly in and out of the treatment room, he's in end of.

The OP is rightly criticised for stating the obvious and being a bit dull in the process.

For me the biggest blocker of any signing we make for £15m+ on a forward player is the fact that we still have Brewster in the squad, it’s very much a case of “once bitten, twice shy” while Abdullah is in charge.

You could argue McBurnie and Mousset are similar but I’d argue that they paid for themselves that first season and McBurnie last season as well.

I’m sure we’ll sign someone who we could class as an ‘expensive forward’, I just think that with the bollock dropped on Brewster it’s hard for someone to put their neck on the line this time. Brewster pretty much tarnished Wilder’s time at the club, despite some of the best football seen for years.
Fair comment

Looking at that £15-20m zone were talking about, once we commit to spending it again, despite the Brewster experience we hit another problem

Players values follow a bell curve, topping out at say £70-£100m

Whilst £20m is a lot to us, we are very much at the lower end of the curve, either side

So we have unproven on an upward trajectory (Brewster, McB, Archer, Akpom.

Or we go other side of the bell and look at Antonio, Bamford, Wood etc

Anyone proven to score goals at this level, at a decent age is way above £20m - Brennan Johnson, 1 yr EPL experience, 8 goals in 38 games, £30-40m

So we either give someone a final contract, on around £80k a week with no resale value, or go young, in the knowledge that for every uncut gem out there, there is also a Brewster waiting for you

The OP is rightly criticised for stating the obvious and being a bit dull in the process.

For me the biggest blocker of any signing we make for £15m+ on a forward player is the fact that we still have Brewster in the squad, it’s very much a case of “once bitten, twice shy” while Abdullah is in charge.

You could argue McBurnie and Mousset are similar but I’d argue that they paid for themselves that first season and McBurnie last season as well.

I’m sure we’ll sign someone who we could class as an ‘expensive forward’, I just think that with the bollock dropped on Brewster it’s hard for someone to put their neck on the line this time. Brewster pretty much tarnished Wilder’s time at the club, despite some of the best football seen for years.
Oli Burke..? Another terrible joke waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom