Current ‘strike force’

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
So currently, our strike force at the moment are Oli McBurnie, Benie Traoré, Daniel Jebbison, William Osula, Antwoine Hackford, Rhian Brewster, Andre Brooks & Louis Marsh

Now currently McBurnie & Brewster are constantly in & out of the treatment room so cannot be relied upon.

Benie Traoré is a young lad brought in to a complete new country at 20 years old for a fee in the region of 5m so I believe. I still would class him as an academy prospect.
The rest I’ve named are academy prospects also.

This summer we have lost 47 goals out of the 73 we scored last season (13 from McBurnie I’ve took into account as injured) and we’ve brought in just Traoré. We got promoted nearly 17 weeks ago. We have got no creativity in the midfield and a current strike force about as handy as toothache. Yet I’m seeing some fans think we’re well equipped for this season. Absolutely disgraceful it has come to this point. The lack of planning is unacceptable for the fans and the current players alike.

So currently, our strike force at the moment are Oli McBurnie, Benie Traoré, Daniel Jebbison, William Osula, Antwoine Hackford, Rhian Brewster, Andre Brooks & Louis Marsh

Now currently McBurnie & Brewster are constantly in & out of the treatment room so cannot be relied upon.

Benie Traoré is a young lad brought in to a complete new country at 20 years old for a fee in the region of 5m so I believe. I still would class him as an academy prospect.

This summer we have lost 47 goals out of the 73 we scored last season (13 from McBurnie I’ve took into account as injured) and we’ve brought in just Traoré. We got promoted nearly 17 weeks ago. We have got no creativity in the midfield and a current strike force about as handy as toothache. Yet I’m seeing some fans think we’re well equipped for this season. Absolutely disgraceful it has come to this point. The lack of planning is unacceptable for the fans and the current players alike.
What are you planning to do to help the situation, then?

Other than post something that has already been seen a hundred times on this forum?

You aren’t necessarily wrong, but you are boring.

I don’t see how you can decide the window has failed when it hasn’t closed.
If there are only young strikers available when we play Everton then your criticism is well founded.
If we add one or two good acquisitions and a couple of loans to what we have already brought in then we are indeed”well equipped “. If we don’t then we go down.

Man United named last season league winners after De Gea leaves, so they no longer count the goals he conceded😂

City lads were loans, we knew they’d go back

Illy was offered the best contract in our history, filmed a video, then fucked off

We could of course go out and sign Andros Townsend, pay over the odds for Archer, and potentially put the club’s future in doubt again

Or we could act responsibly, buy players that fit the plan - Hamer & Souza been fantastic examples on Friday, and not have a fanny paddy

Liverpool haven’t replaced Saudi sales
Likewise Man C Gundolan & Mahrez
Mitro is going 10 days before deadline
Brighton have just lost Caicedo
Spurs - Kane
Wolves - Neves

Don’t think we’re some kind of basket case without a plan, some of the best teams in the land still have business to do

Boring and bleeding obvious.

Why don’t you go home to your wife?

Tell you what, why don’t I go home to your wife.

Apart from the improvement she’ll never know the difference.

What are you planning to do to help the situation, then?

Other than post something that has already been seen a hundred times on this forum?

You aren’t necessarily wrong, but you are boring.
Just a hundred........🤣

1692643129344.gif

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

It’s been said for a number of years under various managers and clubs around our level, that the hardest position to recruit is a striker

By your own statement we’ve got £40m of strikers that are rarely fit. They’re young, hungry and with a good record as Championship strikers, yet we rarely get more than a few games out of them.

We sold Ndiaye for a huge profit after 1 excellent season, the season before was good.

Gibbs-White went for an eye watering £40million last season.

Our top scorer and club legend over the past few years has gone to pasture

The club have certainly made statements regarding bringing players in up top.

We loaned one of the best young talents in the country last season, but he now seems out of our reach

I don’t think planning is necessarily the issue. I’m pretty sure for championship cash we could get someone fairly adequate, perhaps even a couple

But for this division you need clinical strikers that don’t come cheap as there aren’t many around.

Show me a post where anyone thinks the current squad is good enough.
Even after signing one of 2 good players, think Hamer is a brilliant acquisition….still convinced we’re not as good as last season.
Very confident this squad would be relegated…..even quite confident we’ll finish bottom.

However……keep saying this.
WE HAVE SEVERAL HIGH QUALITY PLAYERS LINED UP….whether we get them in….is a different matter
but if we fail….we step down to the 2nd choice options….and if that fails we bring in the 3rd choice options.
However football can be funny…..our 3rd choice options might end up being better than our 1st choice options.

Agree the lack of planning is disgraceful but there are mitigating circumstances.
The Prince took his eye off the ball for a few months…..because he assumed his club would be sold.
Also let’s be fair…..any major decisions affecting the club should be left to the new owners….but the ownership swap never happened.

Anyhow the Prince has promised to make us competitive this season.
At present we fall short BUT let’s not panic and become paranoid.
The window shuts 1st Sept, so we have no option but to be respectful and wait until then.
I know for a fact we’re making several signings but if they are ordinary quality then the owner will rightfully deserve criticism.

The club knew early In May that Ndiaye wanted to go to Marseille, I was told by an academy/ occasional squad player that's no longer with the club, who was friendly with Ndiaye, and he had said he wants to play for Marseille and made no secret about it, he basically said if they come in for him he was going, (I posted this at the time) and the club knew this , it was just if and when Marseille met our valuation , we negotiated the best deal we could but ultimately left it very late to replace him , similar to how spurs are with kane , and both of us will struggle with adequate replacements , however that's not to say we may not currently be in the exact same position Marseille were with some of our targets , just trying to get the best deal before the window closes , the premier League is a big draw for players not currently playing in it, and we are probably using that leverage to our advantage in negotiations,

I agree with you post except the midfield bit
This is an area we are addressing and just to remind you our top scorer plays in midfield and is new in at the club

Man United named last season league winners after De Gea leaves, so they no longer count the goals he conceded😂

City lads were loans, we knew they’d go back

Illy was offered the best contract in our history, filmed a video, then fucked off

We could of course go out and sign Andros Townsend, pay over the odds for Archer, and potentially put the club’s future in doubt again

Or we could act responsibly, buy players that fit the plan - Hamer & Souza been fantastic examples on Friday, and not have a fanny paddy

Liverpool haven’t replaced Saudi sales
Likewise Man C Gundolan & Mahrez
Mitro is going 10 days before deadline
Brighton have just lost Caicedo
Spurs - Kane
Wolves - Neves

Don’t think we’re some kind of basket case without a plan, some of the best teams in the land still have business to do
Excellent post. These things are all relative

Not obvious to a lot of fans though it seems…
So?

Aren't you able to quietly enjoy your self-awarded title of warrior of the truth and allow others to be wrong, seeing as you're so sure of what's obvious anyway? Why the need to try to recruit others to your misery pit?

For what it's worth, you're wrong. Every Blades fan knows we're extremely weak in attack compared to last season.

The difference is that 90% accept the set of circumstances that make up our reality right now, are excited about giving the Premier League another crack regardless and enjoy supporting Sheffield United win or lose.

What's ruining any chance of togetherness and feeling properly United, at least in this little forum echo chamber, is drivel like this from you and the other 10% of doom addicts who are either bored or can't handle being out-bantered by plastic fans on Twitter and feel the desire to drag down.

Jesus christ, I get that this forum is a place to moan and groan but next time, O Enlightened One, could I ask that you offer something resembling an alternative to whatever it is you're angry at, or instead go outside and touch some grass?

Show me a post where anyone thinks the current squad is good enough.
Even after signing one of 2 good players, think Hamer is a brilliant acquisition….still convinced we’re not as good as last season.
Very confident this squad would be relegated…..even quite confident we’ll finish bottom.

However……keep saying this.
WE HAVE SEVERAL HIGH QUALITY PLAYERS LINED UP….whether we get them in….is a different matter
but if we fail….we step down to the 2nd choice options….and if that fails we bring in the 3rd choice options.
However football can be funny…..our 3rd choice options might end up being better than our 1st choice options.

Agree the lack of planning is disgraceful but there are mitigating circumstances.
The Prince took his eye off the ball for a few months…..because he assumed his club would be sold.
Also let’s be fair…..any major decisions affecting the club should be left to the new owners….but the ownership swap never happened.

Anyhow the Prince has promised to make us competitive this season.
At present we fall short BUT let’s not panic and become paranoid.
The window shuts 1st Sept, so we have no option but to be respectful and wait until then.
I know for a fact we’re making several signings but if they are ordinary quality then the owner will rightfully deserve criticism.
I think the current squad is good enough

So?

Aren't you able to quietly enjoy your self-awarded title of warrior of the truth and allow others to be wrong, seeing as you're so sure of what's obvious anyway? Why the need to try to recruit others to your misery pit?

For what it's worth, you're wrong. Every Blades fan knows we're extremely weak in attack compared to last season.

The difference is that 90% accept the set of circumstances that make up our reality right now, are excited about giving the Premier League another crack regardless and enjoy supporting Sheffield United win or lose.

What's ruining any chance of togetherness and feeling properly United, at least in this little forum echo chamber, is drivel like this from you and the other 10% of doom addicts who are either bored or can't handle being out-bantered by plastic fans on Twitter and feel the desire to drag down.

Jesus christ, I get that this forum is a place to moan and groan but next time, O Enlightened One, could I ask that you offer something resembling an alternative to whatever it is you're angry at, or instead go outside and touch some grass?
Another Excellent post. Again, when we look at the two players we lost, it would appear that Illiman was rocked by a now or never from the French club and so turned his back on our most ever lucrative contract. Berge would have stayed, but the club could not afford to let him go for free next summer.
Commercial reality. Hamer is an upgrade on Berge and I am convinced that had Souza stayed in the game, we would have got something at Forest.
I live in Nottingham and thus know plenty of Forest fans. After the play off semi final defeat they were all seeking me out. This one, they have been very quiet. They know that we could have beaten them. They also know that if they play like that against more established teams they will lose more than they win.

Therefore, I think there is scope for optimism. I feared a cricket score and it never came. I am old enough to remember that legendary season under Bassett. Everybody wrote us off. Pundits, managers and fellow fans. Look what happened. Get the signings right before 01/09/23 and build club spirit and anything is possible. We are not in a league of gods but humans. Just look at Brighton as an example but also Wolves and Everton a a warning.

So?

Or smoke some n chill ya beans dude😜

The OP is rightly criticised for stating the obvious and being a bit dull in the process.

For me the biggest blocker of any signing we make for £15m+ on a forward player is the fact that we still have Brewster in the squad, it’s very much a case of “once bitten, twice shy” while Abdullah is in charge.

You could argue McBurnie and Mousset are similar but I’d argue that they paid for themselves that first season and McBurnie last season as well.

I’m sure we’ll sign someone who we could class as an ‘expensive forward’, I just think that with the bollock dropped on Brewster it’s hard for someone to put their neck on the line this time. Brewster pretty much tarnished Wilder’s time at the club, despite some of the best football seen for years.

...toothache. Yet I’m seeing some fans think we’re well equipped for this season. Absolutely disgraceful it has come to this point.
I think we need to make these fans immediately. Unacceptable.

Ironing alert.

The OP tells us what we already know, true, but it was worth it for the hands over the ears “La! La! La! Can’t hear you!” festival that followed.

The OP tells us what we already know, true, but it was worth it for the hands over the ears “La! La! La! Can’t hear you!” festival that followed.
I'd like to thank the OP for sending me to sleep whilst reading his post. Cheers.

I think OPs like this work better if you sign off with an "UTB".

Back
Top Bottom