Cry more Don Goodman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would never forget Goodman (playing for WBA) headed a poor back pass over Tracey towards an empty net, the ball bounced about a yard away from the goal line but to everyone's surprise, the ball went over the bar! The bounce had defined science! See from 35 mins 30 seconds in below link

That is probably why Goodman hates us!

I would never forget Goodman (playing for WBA) headed a poor back pass over Tracey towards an empty net, the ball bounced about a yard away from the goal line but to everyone's surprise, the ball went over the bar! The bounce had defined science! See from 35 mins 30 seconds in below link

Was stood behind the goal on the kop when that happened. He's never forgiven us for the massive 'ahhhhhh wankerrr' when it went over the bar.

I still think that ball is going to drop in when I see it now. it was bizarre.

Goodman never had much luck at the Lane.

I vaguely recall in the midst of time, of reading that Paul Stancliffe had an hatred of Goodman back in his playing days. No explanation was given, but he disliked him above any other player. Obviously, has always been a tw*t

I remember Goodman was warming up in front of the south stand years ago with his afro haircut , a wag in front of me shouts
wheres your cortina goodman ? Even goodman laughed

Bloody hell, Silent. I had lots of work to do this morning and now you've gone and made me watch the whole of the 1989/90 season. :rolleyes:

I watched it on Sky and thought their commentary team was fairly decent. There wasn't much that i disagreed with. Though they didn't really make too much about the tackle on Jebbison or the tackle later on by Norwood. Both of which could've been more severely punished.

What i did like was how positively they spoke about us controlling the game, the Doyle goal being controversial due to Berge being in an offside position and interfering with play, how the ref was right to add extra time on for time wasting in the second half. They also picked up on our players surrounding the referee and that it wasn't acceptable. Something which has crept in recently with ourside and its not nice to see.

Would've also been nice if they'd mentioned that Ndiaye never stays down when he gets fouled.

I thought they were probably more biased towards us for much of the game, they perhaps didn't give Sunderland enough credit for being a young side against a very experienced side, even though many of our players are still young.

They also picked up on our players surrounding the referee and that it wasn't acceptable. Something which has crept in recently with ourside and its not nice to see.
Hecky spoke a lot earlier in the season of our players being too nice and I think he's taken the 'if you can't beat them, join them' approach now.

I often notice the opposition captain fastened to the ref in games that we play, Norwood doesn't do the same. Refs can be influenced so I'm now glad we're starting to be a bit more forceful with them. If that tackle was at Bramall Lane it would have been a red in my opinion.

Hecky spoke a lot earlier in the season of our players being too nice and I think he's taken the 'if you can't beat them, join them' approach now.

I often notice the opposition captain fastened to the ref in games that we play, Norwood doesn't do the same. Refs can be influenced so I'm now glad we're starting to be a bit more forceful with them. If that tackle was at Bramall Lane it would have been a red in my opinion.
Yeah I think you’re right. I really hope that we don’t continue this way though as it’s not nice to see

Yeah I think you’re right. I really hope that we don’t continue this way though as it’s not nice to see
216095007863d03894255dd7b12e90cfY29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjQ1MTE4NTAx-2.65337217.jpg

This got Man Utd an £82k fine apparently.

2916.jpg

This is what I remember Man Utd being 20 years ago (ish), it worked!

216095007863d03894255dd7b12e90cfY29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjQ1MTE4NTAx-2.65337217.jpg

This got Man Utd an £82k fine apparently.

2916.jpg

This is what I remember Man Utd being 20 years ago (ish), it worked!
Where does the money go to regarding club and players fines? Genuine question is it reinvested into the grassroots if so then great or is it seen as a money making exercise.

Where does the money go to regarding club and players fines? Genuine question is it reinvested into the grassroots if so then great or is it seen as a money making exercise.
I think it just gets put into the FA and the FA are a not for profit covering all levels of football, presumably some of it filters to grassroots.

I think it just gets put into the FA and the FA are a not for profit covering all levels of football, presumably some of it filters to grassroots.
It would be good if that is the case, although I disagree with the action of the clubs least there is something potentially positive about it. Like the Proceeds Of Crime Act but for footballers 🤑

Pays for the FA's Christmas piss up.

Didn't get to hear Don Goodman as we had some other annoying commentator on Viaplay...his reaction was pretty much the same as Goodman's...along the lines of "that's a yellow, the ref's got it right"

Didn't get to hear Don Goodman as we had some other annoying commentator on Viaplay...his reaction was pretty much the same as Goodman's...along the lines of "that's a yellow, the ref's got it right"

"He just gets done by the quick feet of Jebbison" - How exactly does Don Goodman think that scissor tackle would have gone done if the ball had still been in the area then? Would that have been fine?

What a vile, odious man he is.

The regular rotation of co-commentators appears to be Don Goodman (hates us), Lee Hendrie (got dogs abuse at BDTBL as a player, hates us), Andy Hinchcliffe (Pig, hates us). It’s a nightmare mix.

The only light relief is going back to the studio with host David Prutton (ex-Pig and big Florist man). 😳

Expecting Tango, Megson or Mark the Pittsmoor Pig to get a call-up soon!

Never usually bothered about commentary but that was shocking.

My personal favourite was when Ballard finally got booked (miracle he hadn't been booked before) for running across to abuse the ref and Goodman starts comparing it to Blades players in the 1st half after Hume had tried to slice Jebbo in half.
He is atrocious on our games, without fail.
He did confess McAtee goal was amazing, ans and that Ballard had been at the ref all night and deserved the booking.
Proper tool otherwise though.

That was actually embarrassing. Professionally utterly shambolic. I’ve honestly never been so angry watching a televised match before, what the fuck was that?

Their guy commits a (debatable red) challenge and he’s shocked and embarrassed by the Sheff Utd ‘antics’. ‘I bet if it was a Sheff Utd player doing it they wouldn’t be reacting like this’. I don’t even know where to start with that WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

The ‘handball’.
The constant whinging about the goal. Is that offside? I’m not sure
The 50/50s.
The ‘well ahmedozic did that 5 minutes ago and it was fine then’

Oh my god we’ve won and I’m fucking raging at that absolute whopper
This bastard is the same for all our games and has been for years. Tool of the worst order.

The regular rotation of co-commentators appears to be Don Goodman (hates us), Lee Hendrie (got dogs abuse at BDTBL as a player, hates us), Andy Hinchcliffe (Pig, hates us). It’s a nightmare mix.

The only light relief is going back to the studio with host David Prutton (ex-Pig and big Florist man). 😳

Expecting Tango, Megson or Mark the Pittsmoor Pig to get a call-up soon!
When they got Warnock for the match a few weeks ago, you'd have hoped that the tedium would lessen. Then you had to listen to a string of dull anecdotes, capped off with several references to him having to do the 'cleaning' of the studio after the match.
Jeez. 😁🤣😕

I don’t want to see our players surrounding the ref, but I absolutely want to see them piling in and defending each other. I love all that.

Agree, that tackle was very borderline. With VAR I think he walks there - reckless and out of control. I think I would have booked him and said one more and you’re off sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom