Cross for McBurnie's Goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GymClassHero

Reaction score
Watched it about 10 times now... fantastic bit of footwork and I'm surprised nobody else has pointed it out! Also great technique by Oil too, has come in for some stick so likewise he deserves praise where due.

I'm optimistic we have a good player on our hands. Even though he hasn't been at his best he's still bagged two goals in limited minutes. The lad needs time to learn the system and get up to the required fitness levels.

Technically that was an excellent goal. Took the ball on his thigh, steadied himself and volley it ..... all in the blink of an eye. Excellent goal, and it bodes well for the future. I'm with Wilder on this, McBurnie is going to be a cracking player for the Blades.

Yes it was a great fast cross/ pass from Robinson to Mcburnie , and a good finish.

I’ve been very critical of Robinson so far, but he looks great when he’s out wide and can cut in. Saw some of that pre-season sparkle in him yesterday.
Bring him on when Moose is knackered and let him drive at tired opposition defences from out-wide and he’ll look the absolute badger’s nadgers 👍

I’ve been very critical of Robinson so far, but he looks great when he’s out wide and can cut in. Saw some of that pre-season sparkle in him yesterday.
Bring him on when Moose is knackered and let him drive at tired opposition defences from out-wide and he’ll look the absolute badger’s nadgers 👍
McBurnie needs to tell him what Beattie told Billy. ‘You do the running around, I’ll make runs into the box, score the goals and take the glory’.

That cross cannot be understated, many would have tried to just whack in a shot from there and hope for the best.

As has been said above, impact sub. He's not as blessed with pace as I'd expected, but as a later sub, his fresh legs against tiring defenders will make the difference.

Robinson did .ore in that 10 minutes then he has in every match since the Chelsea game. Stretched the game and a wonderful piece of skill to set up the goal.
A few more cameos like that and he will have paid for himself.

Fantastic piece of play from Robinson to dig that pass out of a very congested area.
Great control from McBurnie, his gangly legs got him the shot away but did well to get a foot in before the Man U defence and put it wide of DeGea instead of straight at him.

I must admit though, I thought we were gonna get ferked again by VAR :eek:

Glad you mentioned this.

Robbo and McBurnie have generally been average so far
However in a packed penalty with loads of pressure
Both (especially McBurnie) produced PL levels of skill.
Will give them a much needed confidence boost.

Watched it about 10 times now... fantastic bit of footwork and I'm surprised nobody else has pointed it out! Also great technique by Oil too, has come in for some stick so likewise he deserves praise where due.

I'm optimistic we have a good player on our hands. Even though he hasn't been at his best he's still bagged two goals in limited minutes. The lad needs time to learn the system and get up to the required fitness levels.
was impressed with Robinson when he came on. he was running round like a man possessed

Came as close to

Came as close to losing me rag on Sunday as I have been for a long time. Soon as McBurnie came on 2 or 3 behind me on South Stand were slagging him off. He'd only been on 5 mins & they concluded he'd made no impact whatsoever.

5 starts, 2 goals (would have been 3 normally) in your 1st season in Prem, f##kin staggered at some folks expectations.

That really shows what Robinson and McBurnie are capable of. And while we are restoring the reputation of scapegoats, as I have said elsewhere, if Moore had let a goal like that in, there would have been strong complaints about him not getting a 'strong hand' to the ball. As it is, the story is that only De Gea's brilliance stopped us winning the match.

Much better from him this weekend. I'm surprised at his obvious lack of pace though

Yup was a really slick piece of play and really slick finnish......
:cool:👀👀

Back
Top Bottom