Cricket at BDTBL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

drblade

Reaction score
Interesting piece in the Guardian:

Had it been up to the shareholders, we would have remained a 3-sided ground. Some things never change though:

"the Sheffield crowd was known for being particularly knowledgable about and passionate for the game, if a little more vocal than others – in 1938 the Guardian wrote about “spectators of the usual Bramall Lane breed, howling at times like young lions after their meat”.

UTB

Hadnt realised that it was 50 years ago today when the club made the announcement. My dad (had no interest in cricket) thought it was great news

We still need to get (a seriously important) priest in his long coat running around Bramall Lane dispensing earnestly powerful holy water by the bucketful.

Hadnt realised that it was 50 years ago today when the club made the announcement. My dad (had no interest in cricket) thought it was great news
From my recollection we gave notice of cricket finishing at the lane but it was still played beyond 1971.
I was a great supporter of that but unfortunately our troubles really started on the back of this .
It's as though cricket has put a jinx on us in retaliation for banning it.

From my recollection we gave notice of cricket finishing at the lane but it was still played beyond 1971.
I was a great supporter of that but unfortunately our troubles really started on the back of this .
It's as though cricket has put a jinx on us in retaliation for banning it.
Yes no more cricket matches after 1973. I hadnt realised that the notice was longer than 2 and half years. Always thought the notice was during the 1971/72 season

My Dad took me to that game and from my very vague memory Yorkshire won which was unheard of against the touring Aussies
I went there to see the game after coming home on leave from Gibraltar. I think it was the last time I so a cricket match on that old full ground.

We still need to get (a seriously important) priest in his long coat running around Bramall Lane dispensing earnestly powerful holy water by the bucketful.
Do what Ron Saunders did at Brum and just have Wilder piss in all four corners.

Only costs a crate of Peroni.

Back
Top Bottom