Cracking Goals/Unlikely Scorers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nine Inch Nalis

Named like a girl, hung like a horse
Reaction score
Today marks 3 years since Lee Evans did this ⬇️

The manner of the goal was something as rare as rocking-horse shit, a side footed screamer. Incredible technique and quite possibly the greatest I've ever witnessed. Many would point to Michael Brown against the Grunters but if you'd replaced Boro with Wednesday that night, I imagine many would share my view.

Anyhow, it got me thinking about the outstanding goals of Blades past scored by those who were never expected to score them. I could point to several, but what are our top picks?

The manner of the goal was something as rare as rocking-horse shit, a side footed screamer. Incredible technique and quite possibly the greatest I've ever witnessed. Many would point to Michael Brown against the Grunters but if you'd replaced Boro with Wednesday that night, I imagine many would share my view.

Anyhow, it got me thinking about the outstanding goals of Blades past scored by those who were never expected to score them. I could point to several, but what are our top picks?

I had to get a wet wipe out to tidy myself up after this went in. Kop went mental. Always amazes me though watching these highlights how quickly them empty seats got taken up in premised league

I had to get a wet wipe out to tidy myself up after this went in. Kop went mental. Always amazes me though watching these highlights how quickly them empty seats got taken up in premised league

Yep, you and me both, followed by the disbelief that Evans could produce something like that, although to be fair, his other one was very good that night too.

I can see a few seats suddenly becoming available again next season sadly...

We were so, so dire that season. I remember seeing this go in and thinking fuck it, why don't we just do that more often, then we'll stay up...

Lots of similarities to this season in a way. We could do with trying more shots from outside of the box instead of trying to walk the ball in constantly.

I think that’s the greatest strike I’ve ever seen live. Most professional footballers should be able to twat a ball hard enough so that they’ll score the odd screamer in their career.

But the difficulty tariff for what Evans had to do to score there was astronomical.

I think that’s the greatest strike I’ve ever seen live. Most professional footballers should be able to twat a ball hard enough so that they’ll score the odd screamer in their career.

But the difficulty tariff for what Evans had to do to score there was astronomical.

There's something about it that almost seems to defy physics. How a seemingly nonchalant tap with the side of his foot could've sent it screaming into the net from that distance is baffling.

David Holdsworth v Coventry FA Cup quarter final. replay

In August? Wasn’t it his home debut? Before we’d even sacked Blackwell? Relegation hadn’t entered my mind at that point.
Blackwell had turned Calvé down but Speed brought him in after Blackwell was sacked. Think it's fair to say that the goal on debut against Preston was the only highlight of his short stay with us.

Mike Lake 1992 away at Southampton & Johnny Gannon right foot screamer away at Forest.

Back
Top Bottom