Cracking Goals/Unlikely Scorers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seen some belters over the years.
1 Currie v West Ham
2 Woody v Southampton volley outside of box kop end from Currie corner.
3. Browny v pigs volley
4 Pesch v Forest Play Off semi final
5 Duffy on Bouncing Day
I'll stop there but there's loads more.

I have the privelidge to have been at the match for:

1. Currie's 30 yarder versus Liverpool (I was level with Currie as you looked up the pitch toward the kop on the BLLT right at the front on the white railings, so saw it fly left to right into the bottom of the net, and boy was it shifting)
2. Mike Lake's thunderbolt at the Dell in 1992. Had the net not been in the way, the ball would have hit me in the dish, it was going so fucking fast. The away pen just lost their shit when it went in.
3. Evans's rather tasty volley versus Middlesbrough. Let's not take away that the first goal was accompanied by Brooks sitting their defender down with an exquisite drag back too.

We don't score goals like that any more. Didsy (this season) and Mousset (last season) the furthest out?

pommpey

Two already mentioned. The Field goal against Ipswich, Gracie wasn't ever the best but that came out of nowhere. The other was the Steve Wigley goal. He was on loan from Forest I think and did nowt apart from that absolute screamer. Bramall Lane end, got the ball out on the John St side, beat about 3 players and curled an absolute belter with his left foot into the far top corner.

Two already mentioned. The Field goal against Ipswich, Gracie wasn't ever the best but that came out of nowhere. The other was the Steve Wigley goal. He was on loan from Forest I think and did nowt apart from that absolute screamer. Bramall Lane end, got the ball out on the John St side, beat about 3 players and curled an absolute belter with his left foot into the far top corner.

he was a permanent signing. He’d come in from Forest the month before.

That’s not how I remember his goal (though it was at the Lane end). He got the ball just in their half and started to run, went around 5 players, drew the keeper, went round him and rolled it in.

Didn’t Jay McEveley score a 25-30 yarder at the Lane or have I just made that up?

Trai Dellas, possibly at home against Portsmouth. Might have completely imagined it.

Edit: obviously didnt imagine it (or watch the video in the 2nd post)

Seen some belters over the years.
1 Currie v West Ham
2 Woody v Southampton volley outside of box kop end from Currie corner.
3. Browny v pigs volley
4 Pesch v Forest Play Off semi final
5 Duffy on Bouncing Day
I'll stop there but there's loads more.
Even TC didnt rate his goal against West Ham as one of his best. His best was v Liverpool in October 1971

John Matthews v Cambridge United in the snow, 30 December 1978. Thirty yards or more.
Last minute equaliser in a 3 3 draw.
Imre Varadi scored twice to put us 2 0 up but being United we were 3 2 down with a minute to go.
I think Varadi made his final appearance that day for us.
Definitely didn't appear again that season.
In the next match TE Smith scored v Fulham. Who was he Silent Blade ?

John Matthews v Cambridge United in the snow, 30 December 1978. Thirty yards or more.
Last minute equaliser in a 3 3 draw.
Imre Varadi scored twice to put us 2 0 up but being United we were 3 2 down with a minute to go.
I think Varadi made his final appearance that day for us.
Definitely didn't appear again that season.
In the next match TE Smith scored v Fulham. Who was he Silent Blade ?
Tommy Smith who Harry Haslam signed from Bromsgrove Rovers. Played only 3 1st team games.

Between Cec Coldwell and Imre Varadi in below photo

1618078397119.png

Tommy Smith who Harry Haslam signed from Bromsgrove Rovers. Played only 3 1st team games.

Between Cec Coldwell and Imre Varadi in below photo

View attachment 110327
I recall hearing the details of him signing but don't recall him at all.
John Flood in front of Haslam, he had a Partick Thistle fanzine named after him a decade or so later. Some right 70s hairdos there. Wonder how the tats and beards brigade will be viewed in 50 years time? What will be in fashion then?

Rhino’s corner against Derby in 2005. I still remind my Mrs of that to this day

Didn't the absolute speed merchant that was Jonathan Fortune score a cracker at some point?

Patrick Suffo. Brace against Grimsby, think the first goal was a pretty good.

George Santos against Preston at home. Lobbed the keeper.

Chris Morgan I think scored an overhead kick once

I remember a Greg Halford screamer, just can't remember who against

Also remember that lad from Blackburn who had a lot of promise, but never turned out to be any good score a cracker. Treacy I think his name was.

I remember a Greg Halford screamer, just can't remember who against

Also remember that lad from Blackburn who had a lot of promise, but never turned out to be any good score a cracker. Treacy I think his name was.

Ipswich at home for Halford and Treacy was Leicester at home

Back
Top Bottom