Coventry look good...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a difficult one.

On the one hand, we have excellent training facilities, a manager with an excellent reputation who has had a hand in the development of people like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Hooper, Chambers, Lambert, Fonte, Schneiderlein etc.

On the other, our huge squad and high pressure atmosphere means it's hard for youngsters to make the breakthrough here right now.

Let's not forget though that Liverpool loaned us Coady and he came on leaps and bounds whilst here. Hopefully, when we clear the decks, we will become an attractive proposition again.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Clough wasn't sacked in the summer but told the fuckwits in the boardroom to stuff the job up their arse, nothing has changed with the arrival of Nigel 2 so is it the managers who are constantly shite or is the problem higher up the ladder ? If only we could bring in players as easy as we can ship the good ones out.

Don't think he'd have done that as he wouldn't be entitled to his pay off if he did but there may well have been frustration from him towards the powers that be.

If I was a PL team, being honest SUFC wouldn't be near the top of my list to blood a green youngster. Plenty of our own youngsters have gone backwards under the pressure at BDTBL, would you send one of your top prospects here? Seriously?
It does look like that PL clubs prefer to loan their youngsters to clubs with lower expectations or do not have one of the highest attendances in either the Championship or League One divisions

I'm coming to the conclusion that Clough wasn't sacked in the summer but told the fuckwits in the boardroom to stuff the job up their arse, nothing has changed with the arrival of Nigel 2 so is it the managers who are constantly shite or is the problem higher up the ladder ? If only we could bring in players as easy as we can ship the good ones out.

Don't think he'd have done that as he wouldn't be entitled to his pay off if he did but there may well have been frustration from him towards the powers that be.

clough.gif-455719.jpg

I honestly don't know how they do it. I thought Coventry's current owners, Sisu, were umpteen million pounds in debt, yet the club manages to pay for new signings.

Thought Nige might have had a few contacts at Soton, they must have some fairly decent talent to loan out.

Thought Nige might have had a few contacts at Soton, they must have some fairly decent talent to loan out.

You're forgetting that Koeman doesn't like us for dumping his boys out of the League Cup and being nasty, nasty people in the process.

Mind you, I've never forgiven him for being a cheating C*nt that should have been sent off in a WC qualifier only to pop up with a heavily deflected goal to sink England's hopes of qualifying for the USA WC.
TWAT!

Yes but only Clough and the SUFC boardroom know for sure if Clough was indeed paid off. Obviously the board would like the fans to believe Clough received a huge pay off but on the other hand after getting a pay out from Derby 18 months earlier would Clough be in such desperate financial straights to need another huge pay off ? Sacking could well be the wrong word to describe Clough's departure I'm more inclined to think it could have been a mutual agreement or should I say disagreement, after letting him publish the retained list the boardroom certainly made a fast "U" turn.

It does look like that PL clubs prefer to loan their youngsters to clubs with lower expectations or do not have one of the highest attendances in either the Championship or League One divisions
But surely this is what they should be looking for? If they can't handle the pressure and expectations at SUFC , how the hell are they going to handle playing for Liverpool in the Premier league?
We, try and play football, have big crowds, with expectations and a manager who is renowned for giving youth a chance....perfect

Coventry have just signed Ben Turner on loan (CB from Cardiff).

Coventry have just signed Ben Turner on loan (CB from Cardiff).

Another centre half we have missed out on, that is better than anything we have got. What are we doing, still hoping Dan Burn gets dropped from Fulham team and decides he fancies League 1 for a change of scenery, FFS!

Another centre half we have missed out on, that is better than anything we have got. What are we doing, still hoping Dan Burn gets dropped from Fulham team and decides he fancies League 1 for a change of scenery, FFS!
I don't really know too much about him to be honest. Biglirimana seems like a good deal.

I like the look of Ryan Tunnicliffe from fulham, hopefully we can have a big clear out in the summer and bring him in, still only 23 I believe. Won the FA youth cup with Man U in 2011, with likes of Pogba

Or Brayford.....
True but we were discussing young players like Armstrong at Coventry. Brayford was about 25. You should have gone for Coady if you're looking for a contradictory exception.

Tony Mowbray has a 43% win ratio from 482 games as manager, with 45% at Coventry. Nigel Adkins has a 48% win ratio with 44% with us.

If we had had Mowbray, Barney and others would if called for his sacking after they drew at Rochdale and Swindon, never mind sneaking past Barnsley (40 losses on the trot or something) 4-3 before being dumped out of the FA Cup by Northampton. Northampton FFS.

True but we were discussing young players like Armstrong at Coventry. Brayford was about 25. You should have gone for Coady if you're looking for a contradictory exception.

Clough didn't sign him so that wouldn't work.

I think Coventry and Wigan will be the two that will pull away. We are now closer to the relegation spot in points than the top two places aren't we? Gap growing every week and we are not 11th and in mid table obscurity. Long way to go but no real side of improvement at moment and we need to make some big decisions in January maybe as much for planning for next season. Be dreadful if season is wrote off with months to spare but if current form continues we will be nearer bottom than top.

Coventry are as good as promoted. Mark my words.

Indeed - Coventry are growing into the season the more it goes on.

Confidence then grows and a club such as Coventry then puts the shits up any "little" club that has to play them.

That should be us - trouble is, clubs relish playing us as it's too fucking easy to play against us.

Doesn't take a genius to know how to play against us - been the same for the last 4 seasons.

UTB

It was always going to be Wigan but now it's looking like Coventry will be the latest club to leave us trailing far, far behind. They've grown in confidence, sensed an opportunity and are taking it. Like any club with anything about them whatsoever should do in this season's division. Could and should have been us but unfortunately incompetence is in our DNA.

Fair play to him, he's put his head where it hurts to get kicked enough times, fair play to Coventry and their fans as well. They've had their share of shit to deal with.

It's our management that need to be taking notes. I'm not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom