Coventry look good...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Putney Blade

Reaction score
Chaps,

Coventry beginning to build up a head of steam. Looked decent on TV at Colchester. Three wins on the spin. Mowbray is good manager.

Along with Wigan, Gillingham, possibly Walsall & Millwall, fancy them for the top spots.

UTB

Chaps,

Coventry beginning to build up a head of steam. Looked decent on TV at Colchester. Three wins on the spin. Mowbray is good manager.

Along with Wigan, Gillingham, possibly Walsall & Millwall, fancy them for the top spots.

UTB
That loan player they signed from Newcastle looks mustard.

They're acting swiftly in bringing quality players in too - Ryan Kent, Gale Bigirimana are two very exciting young stars. Just the sort we could be doing with to give us the spark and quality we are lacking on the wing.

It really gets so frustrating watching teams in this league bring in quality young loan signings who are eager to impress, whilst we faff around waiting months to sign up past their best pro's on huge wages.

They're acting swiftly in bringing quality players in too - Ryan Kent, Gale Bigirimana are two very exciting young stars. Just the sort we could be doing with to give us the spark and quality we are lacking on the wing.

It really gets so frustrating watching teams in this league bring in quality young loan signings who are eager to impress, whilst we faff around waiting months to sign up past their best pro's on huge wages.
And when we do go into the loan market for a young player it's someone like Poleon or Cofie.

What's equally noticeable with Mowbray, is that he's done his business without spending a satchel full of money

It remains to be seen whether they'll go the distance, but he's a good manager and knows the time of day

Why? He's not done so far. Is that because he thinks the same as our previous managers or because there are restrictions placed on him from above?
I don't think it is restrictions BushBlade for me it's because we can't guarantee. them first team football due to our bloated squad.these players will go where they will play

Newcastle happy for Armstrong to remain at Coventry

Steve McClaren has reiterated his belief that Coventry City loan star Adam Armstrong is in the “perfect” place for his development into a top class striker.

The Newcastle United boss says the 18-year-old’s successful spell with the Sky Blues is a great example of how lower-league loans can aid the development of Newcastle United’s youngsters.

The teenager, who has scored 12 goals in just 14 League One games for City, was back at Ryton today after his England Under-19 duty to prepare for Saturday’s top-of-the-table clash with Gillingham.:( Link

They've also got Ryan Kent on loan from Liverpool. Link

And that's the difference. Can we honestly say that any up-and-comng youngster would improve at BDTBL? For me it's the mark of a good manager and behind-the-scenes set up. Good managers demand respect throughout the game and gives clubs the confidence to loan their youngsters out, confident that loanee club will improve them at this critical stage in their careers.

I don't think it is restrictions BushBlade for me it's because we can't guarantee. them first team football due to our bloated squad.these players will go where they will play
To be blunt, fuck the bloated squad and drop the players who aren't performing. Might sharpen them up a bit. That's how Kenny Jackett got Wolves promoted in one season.

It makes it even more galling that we have such 'limited' players when other clubs sign up hungry young players that would certainly make a difference.

Instead our transfer policy seems to have no coherence whatsoever.

Can anyone advise what the fuck Lee Turnball has been doing since the summer?

What's equally noticeable with Mowbray, is that he's done his business without spending a satchel full of money

It remains to be seen whether they'll go the distance, but he's a good manager and knows the time of day
He's been around ages and hadnt managed in this league for years, if at all. Surely he's s dinosaur and the league has moved on etc etc. Or maybe he's at a club that isn't run by fuckwits. Hello Jim, Coventry, fucking Coventry, are a better run club than us. Fucking tweet that.

He's been around ages and hadnt managed in this league for years, if at all. Surely he's s dinosaur and the league has moved on etc etc. Or maybe he's at a club that isn't run by fuckwits. Hello Jim, Coventry, fucking Coventry, are a better run club than us. Fucking tweet that.

We are run collectively by people who

A) have seen us drop 2 divisions
B) lose 10000 fans off our average over 8 years
C) sell any player we receive bids for
D) seen us stagnate in division 3 for 5 years

Does anyone truly believe they can address the slide and turn it round ?

It makes it even more galling that we have such 'limited' players when other clubs sign up hungry young players that would certainly make a difference.

Instead our transfer policy seems to have no coherence whatsoever.

Can anyone advise what the fuck Lee Turnball has been doing since the summer?
He's been finding hidden gems like.............Dean Hammond.

I suspect someone will be along shortly, possibly after their 5th litre of Sangria, to point out Liverpool fans will have felt the same in 1959, or Forest fans in 1975.

Just shows how hard it can be to pick the right manager, back in July if there was a vote for Mowbray or adkins I reckon 90%+ would have gone for adkins along with comments along the line of, Mowbray? What the fucks he ever done, now of course the vote may be different, with the comment our fuckin board are useless, never get it right, easy, in it.

Just shows how hard it can be to pick the right manager, back in July if there was a vote for Mowbray or adkins I reckon 90%+ would have gone for adkins along with comments along the line of, Mowbray? What the fucks he ever done, now of course the vote may be different, with the comment our fuckin board are useless, never get it right, easy, in it.
True that. Back in July I'd've said Adkins, too.
Now I'm thinking we need a hard-bitten, seen-it-all, no-nonsense manager instead of a softly-softly, Mr.Nice Guy. Please Mr.Adkins, prove me wrong!!!

Very true and i'll stick with Adkins coming through for us, i don't know why though. The board did get the decision of this manager right, for me anyway, what they then need to do is give him the tools and time to get things right. What the board don't seem to be able to do is construct a long term plan and stick to it, they have to get a plan drawn up, give Adkins the full backing he needs, also with the time a manager with his track record deserves, nothing else will suffice from this league or any league for that matter.

Bigirimana is a good signing IMHO. A few short months ago Coventry were defaulting on their rent for the Ricoh claiming they were skint. Now they're loaning Premiership players.

Hearing about our competitors snapping up the young talent is making me depressed.
It's like they're picking up all the Black Friday bargains, then we turn up on Saturday and all that's left is the fucking broken and damaged stuff.

If I was a PL team, being honest SUFC wouldn't be near the top of my list to blood a green youngster. Plenty of our own youngsters have gone backwards under the pressure at BDTBL, would you send one of your top prospects here? Seriously?

I'm coming to the conclusion that Clough wasn't sacked in the summer but told the fuckwits in the boardroom to stuff the job up their arse, nothing has changed with the arrival of Nigel 2 so is it the managers who are constantly shite or is the problem higher up the ladder ? If only we could bring in players as easy as we can ship the good ones out.

Back
Top Bottom