Coutts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
Anyone know if he was carrying a knock or ill on Boxing Day, he played like last season's Coutts rather than this one's, short on energy and arsy with it?

Not sure but I didn't think he was all that bad to be honest, though I agree he wasn't up to his normal standards from this season. He picked up a bit second half as well, but you could say that about every Blades outfield player.
I though Fleck had the quietest game from the midfield 3.

Anyone know if he was carrying a knock or ill on Boxing Day, he played like last season's Coutts rather than this one's, short on energy and arsy with it?

First half he struggled the same as the rest of the midfield as Oldham pressed high up the pitch and didn't give him (or Fleck) any time on the ball. They were also good at cutting off Coutts' preferred out-ball in those circumstances to the full backs.

Second half as Oldham tired he came more into the game but he defended more than I can recall him doing previously. Was it his best performance this season? No. Was it back to the bad old days? No. A solid 7 out of 10 for me.

Fleck was quiet throughout though - Oldham's pressing got to him more than it did Coutts. I wish he (Fleck) would stop the shots from ludicrous distances: the number which were blocked 25 yards out was annoying.

Someone mentioned he'd turned an ankle at cov. Could be down to that.

First half he struggled the same as the rest of the midfield as Oldham pressed high up the pitch and didn't give him (or Fleck) any time on the ball. They were also good at cutting off Coutts' preferred out-ball in those circumstances to the full backs.

Second half as Oldham tired he came more into the game but he defended more than I can recall him doing previously. Was it his best performance this season? No. Was it back to the bad old days? No. A solid 7 out of 10 for me.

Fleck was quiet throughout though - Oldham's pressing got to him more than it did Coutts. I wish he (Fleck) would stop the shots from ludicrous distances: the number which were blocked 25 yards out was annoying.
Don;t shoot don't score.

I wish more players would have a shot from far out more often. This season particularly we get into that area more so why not, it's what we've been crying out for for ages, rather than just passing it wide all the time and then crossing to...........the keeper or defenders' heads. Take a shot - the keeping and defending at this level isn't brilliant and it could easily be deflected in.

Weren't there but thought I heard on commentary that he took a bang to the head first half?
(First half of the game, not a bang on the first half of his head)

The gap from Coutts and Fleck to Duffy was greater than ever and Oldham dominated that area of the pitch.

Coutts played competently in his favourite area just inside our half.

Coutts was shut down by Oldham's high pressing, I thought.

But very unfair on that showing to compare him to last season's wet lettuce leaf. He grafted & battled & got stuck in.

I can't imagine how Golden Boy could've had a bad game? He's been utterly super-duper in the entire 4 months he's played for us after all.

That 50 mile long ball to nobody? Definitely an ankle problem.

I can't imagine how Golden Boy could've had a bad game? He's been utterly super-duper in the entire 4 months he's played for us after all.

Just like your favourites Sharp and (bewilderingly) Scougall, Coutts has good games and less good games. Like everything it's not all black and white...but that's not a subtlety you've shown any signs of understanding in your stay on here.

Or maybe you're just being contrary for the sake of it?

So many many maggots around the cast.....I really hope you don't get a nibble!

Just like your favourites Sharp and (bewilderingly) Scougall, Coutts has good games and less good games. Like everything it's not all black and white...but that's not a subtlety you've shown any signs of understanding in your stay on here.

Or maybe you're just being contrary for the sake of it?

Nothing subtle about the mass fawning over somebody who has played well for a grand total of just over 1 fifth of his tenure.

Last edited:
....is a top quality player at this level and competent at the one above. He's a proper footballer and that's a welcome change in our midfield (with the delightful bonus of another two alongside him).

I'm very grateful we've got him. A pleasure to watch and support.

⚽. ❤⚔.

It's probably just me but you can't compare Scoogs to Coutts - Scoogs is more the harrier and Coutts is the better footballer in terms of passing. If anything, Scoogs and Done could be compared although Scoog's scoring record (albeit mostly off shins, knees and mishits) is better than Done's!

Back
Top Bottom