All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade

Reaction score
We need your help to send a massive S24SU "Get Well Soon" to Paul Coutts!
------------------------------------------------------------

After all the effort that Couttsy has put in over the past few years we thought it would be a nice idea to send him our well wishes.

Simply record a short video
(15 seconds MAX) and send it to? [email protected]

Foxy will then compile all our videos into one montage and put it online as a show of our support!

Be as positive and creative as you want as long as it fits into a 15 second clip. Paul will need cheering up so you can be funny if you wish. It’s these kind of things that separate us from other fans at other clubs.

UTB

This is easy and can be done on your phone, please film in landscape. If not using your phone then the file may be quite large but you can always use free software like wetransfer.com to get it to Foxy. Thanks to Foxy for his help.

image.jpg

Nice idea, the chapter in the bob booker biography is an interesting insight into dealing with long term injuries. The club can, need to and will make all the difference. Ditto players and fans too.

As gutting as it is for Couttsy, get well videos are all a bit.... "Arsenal" aren't they?

Agreed. Let's pyro their team bus and punch Sordell in the kidneys when they rock up at the lane.

In all seriousness, given what the team have given us in the last 12 months, the way they have happily shared success and celebrations with the fans, I certainly feel an affinity with these players like at no time since early Bassett. I think that's why it feels even worse and why us sending clips of support is a great touch.

I don't care if it's a bit 'Arsenal' - it's a little bit of compassion showing a bit of apperciation of someone who has given us so much pleasure in the last 18 months and needs a bit of cheering up.

Great idea YorkBlade.

In all seriousness, given what the team have given us in the last 12 months, the way they have happily shared success and celebrations with the fans, I certainly feel an affinity with these players like at no time since early Bassett. I think that's why it feels even worse and why us sending clips of support is a great touch.

I don't care if it's a bit 'Arsenal' - it's a little bit of compassion showing a bit of apperciation of someone who has given us so much pleasure in the last 18 months and needs a bit of cheering up.

Great idea YorkBlade.
If it is such a good idea why was one not done for Kieron Freeman? Weighed in with 11 Goals last season and loads of assists.

If it is such a good idea why was one not done for Kieron Freeman? Weighed in with 11 Goals last season and loads of assists.

If you do a video be sure it's not a celebratory one eh Boo?

Does he not have a point though?

Freeman got lots of well wishes and rightly so - but my understanding is he will be back before the end of the season with no major ongoing worries.

Right now, Coutts prognosis is unknown - but he is 31 and has the type of injury that could end his career.

I just think doing a video is a nice idea - I don't see the need for negative comment or moans about it.

Just send a get well card to the Lane address to Coutts or hand it on at the next home match , imagaine if over thousand cards turned up at the Lane it would give Coutts and the team a pick me up !

Right now, Coutts prognosis is unknown - but he is 31 and has the type of injury that could end his career.

I just think doing a video is a nice idea - I don't see the need for negative comment or moans about it.

He's actually 29. Still more than young enough to make a full recovery from a horrible injury. Let's all just hope it's a clean break and he's back better than ever.

Freeman got lots of well wishes and rightly so - but my understanding is he will be back before the end of the season with no major ongoing worries.

At the time of Freemans injury the prognosis was just as unclear.
Both players carried off on stretchers yet some Blades think that Coutts is irreplaceable and Freeman is not. Therefore they have more sympathy with Coutts. Some family eh having favourite children.

Both players carried off on stretchers yet some Blades think that Coutts is irreplaceable and Freeman is not. Therefore they have more sympathy with Coutts. Some family eh having favourite children.

Well I'd not have done the same Jonathan Hunt, true....

It wasn't - they knew what he had done immediately and that injury is not career threatening.

Even if it was, even if we should have done similar for Freeman, why does that mean it is a bad idea to do it now for Coutts?

I don't get the negativity.

Well I'd not have done the same Jonathan Hunt, true....

I'd have sent Sordell a bunch of flowers and a thank you card*. :)

(*I wouldn't have for clarity!)

It wasn't - they knew what he had done immediately and that injury is not career threatening.

Even if it was, even if we should have done similar for Freeman, why does that mean it is a bad idea to do it now for Coutts?

I don't get the negativity.
Not revealed till Tuesday after a Saturday game. And you do not know when something like that is going to be career threatening.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...ron-freeman-injury-verdict-revealed-1-8811944

Apologies if this is suggested elsewhere. Can some of the chanters/singers get the Coutts song going loud and strong early in the Fulham game, and let's have plenty of people record it. Even sports people at the lowest level (Sheffield Friendlies League in my case) know there are few things worse than a serious injury. Can't imagine what it is like for a professional.

This one has legs boo radley.

Whilst recording it can we also do a generic 'booing' video to send to United players we don't like?.....o_O

Maybe he would like a shout out on the SLB this week????

A good idea but why didn’t we do a video for Lavery when he nearly lost his sight?

It does smell of, as boo quite rightly says one rule for one and one for another.

Gutted for Coutts and I’m sure he will appreciate the video but then what do the other players think who haven’t had a get well video? For me you should send your best wishes through social media or a card to the club, keep all things equal.

Back
Top Bottom