Coutts & Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some people still haven’t realised that Tuftyball isn’t limited to eleven players. They’ll all play a part or move on. That’s football; that’s life.

Alternatively we could have Montgomery, Doyle, Legsowood and Quinn and keep everyone happy.
Legsowood. :D

I still think we'll look back at the end of the season and see the Coutts injury as that sliding doors moment.

He doesn't break his leg and we're pushing for that second automatic spot.

Imagine if we did squeeze into the play off spot though, what a remarkable achievement that would be. Let's also not forget that Brooks has been out almost as long as Coutts and then theres Leon Clarke - 2 goals since November.
My take on it though is Simon Moore playing throughout December and January.

I don't want to make a scapegoat or whatever but our performances were still high throughout that adverse period but we were conceding sloppy goals - does the defence have more confidence in Blackman? I do when it comes to commanding the area and he pulled off 2 or 3 fantastic saves last night.

So in conclusion, yes we've missed Coutts but in my opinion the poor run all circles around Blackman not playing. In 2018 Blackman has played vs Ipswich (1-0W), Leeds (2-1W), Leicester (1-0L, but surely expected??) And QPR (2-1W) so - WWLW.
The form before that going back to Blackman's last game was LLDWLDWDWWLL

Imagine if we did squeeze into the play off spot though, what a remarkable achievement that would be. Let's also not forget that Brooks has been out almost as long as Coutts and then theres Leon Clarke - 2 goals since November.
My take on it though is Simon Moore playing throughout December and January.

I don't want to make a scapegoat or whatever but our performances were still high throughout that adverse period but we were conceding sloppy goals - does the defence have more confidence in Blackman? I do when it comes to commanding the area and he pulled off 2 or 3 fantastic saves last night.

So in conclusion, yes we've missed Coutts but in my opinion the poor run all circles around Blackman not playing. In 2018 Blackman has played vs Ipswich (1-0W), Leeds (2-1W), Leicester (1-0L, but surely expected??) And QPR (2-1W) so - WWLW.
The form before that going back to Blackman's last game was LLDWLDWDWWLL

Inteteresting angle on it, but not sure I totally agree. I think you're half right. Blackman at his best is a beast and you can see he commands respect. I just think he'd gone off the boil around that time, and Tufty was right to drop him. Now he's back, he looks like he's back in beast mode and I'd be all for paying whatever price Chelsea want for him.

You're bang on the money re:Brooks. As an impact sub, late in games he's been badly missed. Tight games like Bristol, Villa, Derby, Pigs - we've either dropped points or not been able to finish teams off. He's been missed.

Still think losing our conductor has hurt us most though... Fleck looks like he's missed him too...

Im delighted to say, after some excellent recruitment, it's no longer a concern.

Well, I wouldn’t quite go that far. We are in better shape there since January particularly the Evans signing has worked so far beyond all expectations.

Coutts was however in the form of his life and had been for 12 months or so, we haven’t quite got that ability in there yet.

Well, I wouldn’t quite go that far. We are in better shape there since January particularly the Evans signing has worked so far beyond all expectations.

Coutts was however in the form of his life and had been for 12 months or so, we haven’t quite got that ability in there yet.

I did think long and hard about my wording, and I maintain that we shouldn't be concerned: it's inevitable that your backup (Leonard, Lundstram & Evans) aren't as good as your starters (Coutts & Fleck) but the former 3, especially Evans, have deputised well.

Evans looks a decent signing in my opinion and I think he isn't far off Coutts.

Impossible to judge leonard or ricky just yet. I think the signings of Lundstram, Samir, and Thomas havent worked though.

How many goals and assists though?

We need the central midfield to arrive in the box. 'Box to box' has to be essential for at least 2 out of 3 in the central 3 in a 3-5-2 formation.

When Wilder took the job, pne of the first things he said was that he liked midfielders who did everything, not just this and that.

Evans looks a decent signing in my opinion and I think he isn't far off Coutts.

Impossible to judge leonard or ricky just yet. I think the signings of Lundstram, Samir, and Thomas havent worked though.

You're aware Lundstram scored Tuesday and has been playing well in his last few appearances?

You're aware Lundstram scored Tuesday and has been playing well in his last few appearances?

Not well enough to get Fleck out the side and I don't think he is good enough to start for us if we are aiming for the playoffs. I don't think he was to blame when he came in and our form dropped before xmas but he hasn't quite at the level he needs to be. Thought he had a decent but not brilliant performance against QPR

Not well enough to get Fleck out the side and I don't think he is good enough to start for us if we are aiming for the playoffs. I don't think he was to blame when he came in and our form dropped before xmas but he hasn't quite at the level he needs to be. Thought he had a decent but not brilliant performance against QPR

You said the signing "hadn't worked" and you compared him to Nathan Thomas and Samir Carruthers: do you stand by that?

Some people still haven’t realised that Tuftyball isn’t limited to eleven players. They’ll all play a part or move on. That’s football; that’s life.

Alternatively we could have Montgomery, Doyle, Legsowood and Quinn and keep everyone happy.

If you are inviting retired players back then why not ask TC and surely we could dig Alan Woodwards grave up and get his corpse running around to keep you happy

Isn't Coutts expected back before the end of the season? Would love him to get some game time before the summer then a good pre season ready to fire on all cyliners for August :)

Isn't Coutts expected back before the end of the season? Would love him to get some game time before the summer then a good pre season ready to fire on all cyliners for August :)

Just as long as our first league game back isn't Old Trafford - big pitch for him to get round on his return. Still i'm sure he'd ping them balls past Pogba and co!

Back
Top Bottom