Coordination of Greasy Chip Butty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade56

Yer avin a laff
Reaction score
now I walk in the shadow of the Valley of Death
Every time we go to Wemberleeeee we have failed miserably to get a coordinated version of the GCB started. Someone suggested straight after the minutes silence whistle. But what about second half? On the refs start whistle.

Need to get this sorted and shared with other forums and fans.

Every time we go to Wemberleeeee we have failed miserably to get a coordinated version of the GCB started. Someone suggested straight after the minutes silence whistle. But what about second half? On the refs start whistle.

Bollocks, needs to be the kick off whistle.

We'll be singing "We're goin' to win the cup" when the second half kicks off

I know what you mean. The acoustics at wembleee are awful. The bottom tier cant hear the top tier and vice versa. And one side is too far away from t'other to be collectively in time. Its rubbish. We'll be noisy though, of that im sure

There are a number of reasons why I suggested starting at the end of the minute silence
1 everyone will know when to start
2 we normally start before the ref blows for the start of the game
3 it will give it added power coming straight after the minute silence and before the hull fans have got going
I rest my case m'lud

There are a number of reasons why I suggested starting at the end of the minute silence
1 everyone will know when to start
2 we normally start before the ref blows for the start of the game
3 it will give it added power coming straight after the minute silence and before the hull fans have got going
I rest my case m'lud
Only problem with your suggestion is when ref blows for end of silence everyone shouts claps and cheers and then several strings start up. Refs whistle to start game might be better! Both halves

Can someone set a vote up?

I'll pray to a god I don't believe in that your post is meant to be as funny as it reads! :). Co ordinated singing eh? Sounds like something that daft bint tried to get going at Cardiff in 2003. "come on Sheffield, lets hear you".

We can't even get a good rendition of GCB going at The Lane without the music so we've no chance at Wembley. We sing it during the game at The Lane and by the time everyone starts singing it, the songs almost finished.

People slag us off for playing the first bar of Annies Song at the start of the game but if it wasn't for that, we'd never all start singing it at the same time.

Tweeted Jim Phipps and asked him to spread the word to followers to start GCB on refs start whistle. Urge everyone to do the same need to get GCB to go viral.

I'd love that to happen.

Mind you if 30,000 voices start singing the GCB at the same time, the noise would be deafening and I think both teams would crap themselves but for different reasons!

I'd love that to happen.

Mind you if 30,000 voices start singing the GCB at the same time, the noise would be deafening and I think both teams would crap themselves but for different reasons!

Pull if it off and Blade56 is going to have a hard on thinking 'that's down to me'

Major problem with this is that a fair proportion of those attending will a: not know the words and b: not want to sing......

If previous experience is anything to go by!!:mad:

Major problem with this is that a fair proportion of those attending will a: not know the words and b: not want to sing......

If previous experience is anything to go by!!:mad:

Disagree with that.

I bet more than half the pigs reluctantly know the words

i reckon mark howard should give us a signal with a big thumbs up, hopefully it will be all he has to do all match :)

We can't even get a good rendition of GCB going at The Lane without the music so we've no chance at Wembley. We sing it during the game at The Lane and by the time everyone starts singing it, the songs almost finished.

People slag us off for playing the first bar of Annies Song at the start of the game but if it wasn't for that, we'd never all start singing it at the same time.

Exactly what happens at Liverpool - they 'cue up' the kop by playing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' on the Tannoy. Tannoy, eh? Showing mi bloody age.

Back
Top Bottom