Incoming? Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was reported leicester paid 7.5 million for him so i would think they would want a decent fee for him which would rule us out, if he was a free or low fee id be all over it as hes a leader and we dont have many of them

It was reported leicester paid 7.5 million for him so i would think they would want a decent fee for him which would rule us out, if he was a free or low fee id be all over it as hes a leader and we dont have many of them

Can he still play at the level required is the question. I couldn't give a shit about having leaders, nor could I give a shit about plenty of other things many here have an obsession with. Get a starting 11 that can play at the level needed and the whole "leader" thing goes away. Bringing in 11 players who are all 6'3" and "leaders" from League 2 would be a hilarious experiment right up until the point you're ten points adrift at the foot of the table because you're starting 11 League 2 level players.

would be an excellent signing and hes better than holgate imo if we sell anel i can see us making a move for him as well as worrall from forest

would be an excellent signing and hes better than holgate imo if we sell anel i can see us making a move for him as well as worrall from forest
Older, slower, smaller, another CB on the way down who is not strong in the air and can only play in a back 5. Gerrimin!

No wonder they’ve posted those losses!! Starting to think some chairmen are blatantly money laundering!!

One of the most predictable links of the summer

Not sure I'd want him now though for the possible money involved. His lack of starts for Leicester is alarming

Leicester will be lucky if they get someone to take him without them picking up a decent % of his current wage. They can want a fee as much as they like, they aren't getting one

Also, signing CC would mean Egan definitely leaving and another season of 5atb

I would take him. A great leader and something we don’t have in the side. Calm in possession too for us to try and dominate the ball

Only 31 too would be a good signing.

He would be for the middle role in the back 3, and in that position we should get someone who's more dominant in the air, like Worrall. I doubt we'd sign both. And I think Wilder would prefer Worrall

I like Coady as a person and a player, but not the answer for what we need I don't think.

Out of interest....who was the last 30+ year old, on a big wage, with no sell on value, that could only play in a back 3, that was signed by Wilder?.
If you’re going to take it literally then Holgate satisfies 3 of the 4 criteria.

Wilder has a track record of signing players with no sell on value. Just look at the player sales during his time here.

8 appearances for Leicester probably tells you all you need to know!

8 appearances for Leicester probably tells you all you need to know!

He was injured in pre season then unable to regain his shirt back. It tells you nothing other than that Leicester have more than one good centre back.

He’d be great as we will desperately need some leadership and experience next year, especially of Egan goes.

Are people seriously complaining about the possibility of us signing a 31 year old seasoned pro, who knows the club, has always been a good pro and has 10 England caps? We are going to be in the Championship and likely have a sensible/moderate amount to spend at that level.
Big yes from me. He'd bring leadership, pedigree and a bit of experience to the team.

Back
Top Bottom