Compared with last season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We were on -16.62 after Shrewsbury and since then have won all 3, leaving us on -11.25 . Beating Brizzle gives us +.67, +1.25 and MK Dons +3.

That means Clough is now bettering
Wilson's record over equivalent games. He was previously 4.58 down, but the last 3 games gives him a +.34 advantage.

* won away at Hartlepool, drew at Scunny, beat Bury and lost to Pompey. 7/4=1.75

We were on -16.62 after Shrewsbury and since then have won all 3, leaving us on -11.25 . Beating Brizzle gives us +.67, +1.25 and MK Dons +3.

That means Clough is now bettering
Wilson's record over equivalent games. He was previously 4.58 down, but the last 3 games gives him a +.34 advantage.

* won away at Hartlepool, drew at Scunny, beat Bury and lost to Pompey. 7/4=1.75
Blimey Ollie I'm still on my first Mythos of the evening and you've already lost me

Blimey Ollie I'm still on my first Mythos of the evening and you've already lost me

Just comparing equivalent games from last season. We're now 11 points down on the equivalent games from last year (from 16 before our recent run).

If you look at the games since Clough took over and conpare the results against same teams last season (or equivalent) then he has achieved almost exactly the same points as Wilson did.

Of course the real test of a manager is not his first season but his second.......

Or should that read his last ;),

Last edited:

Just read that the average time in a job for the manager of an English team is....

1 year 10 months :oops:

Well we'll just have to buck that trend mate. Chopping and changing has got us........bollocks and more bollocks. It makes you wonder why, when applying this criteria, someone like Wenger has remained in his job? Personally I'm glad Arsenal didn't have a knee-jerk reaction, but the pressure to be successful is such that directors see the beads of sweat falling from their brows and act hastily to get rid of one manager with another. Let's be honest, we've appointed poorly over the years, so maybe now's our time to accept that we have a good 'un in Nigel and get behind him and support him come hell or high water. Actually, scrub the bit about hell, but just as long as we progress, move forward, and give us a team worthy of the shirt UTB

Comparing the equivalent games from last season: Another 3 points last night means we gain more points on last season*. 3 yesterday vs 1.33 for last season gives us 1.77 extra points for the equivalent games puts us 9.48 points down on last season. Comparing the equivalent games since Clough has been in charge he has now got more points than Wilson did in those games. Clough is +2.11 up on Wilson.

* lost to Yeovil at home, beat Bornnemouth and drew against Doncaster = 4/3 = 1.33

I think 75 guarantees a play off place. Wouldnt be surprised to see someone sneak 6th place with 70 though.

So we basically have to win every game until the end of the season?

Go on then :eek:

I think 75 guarantees a play off place. Wouldnt be surprised to see someone sneak 6th place with 70 though.

OK. Based on the last ten seasons in Division One, the average for 6th place is 74 points. Highest was 09/10 Huddersfield with 80 points. Lowest 10/11, 05/06 and 04/05 was 71 points.
So the line has been moved to 74 points (what we got last season) and seems a decent, and relevant, target.

upload_2014-3-5_9-23-11.png
Interestingly (or not) last season saw now as the point of our customary fade-out with only a further three wins...

Excellent gentlemen, thank you. And I think what this illustrates beautifully is just how hard (dare I say unrealistic) it will be to achieve the playoffs. Heck, we'll enjoy the ride whilst it lasts, but talk of playoffs is probably a tad unrealistic.

Excellent gentlemen, thank you. And I think what this illustrates beautifully is just how hard (dare I say unrealistic) it will be to achieve the playoffs. Heck, we'll enjoy the ride whilst it lasts, but talk of playoffs is probably a tad unrealistic.

It's completely unrealistic.

Which is why, asI have said elsewhere, we need to win our next 5 games (well 4 games after last night). That would presumably put us somewhere around 5 points away from the playoffs, with 9 games left.

And then we will need a monumental push to put pressure on the top 6.

Very unlikely to happen, which is why we should take each game as it comes and see wher we are with 6 games left.

Peterborough's current projected points tally is 72. However their form has been indifferent since Christmas and their chairman making comments on Twitter does not bode well. Will they capitulate? Who knows. I would be surprised if they did better than their season average so far and picked up more than 20 points in the last 13 games. Interestingly, if Poish were to fook things up then it becomes a free for all, as Swidon and Walsall (7th and 8th) are only 3 points in front of us.

If Peterbough do get 72 points, then (with them having a better GD ... though that could change) we would need to pick up 29 points from the last 13 games. 2.23 points per game. Seems a very difficult feat considering we've still got all the top 5 to play.

Back
Top Bottom