Collymore and his latest thought provoking piece

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I want to know on what basis he thinks we’d perform better than Southampton or Burnley in next seasons Europa League.

I think if she is writing about us and giving her opinion then she falls under a pundit. Either way as you said they need to be knowledgable even as a reporter and if they don't know something then they should avoid saying anything.
I haven’t seen anything she’s written about us tbh so I wasn’t aware of that.

Man U aside - how many English sides have actually performed well in the Europa league.

Loads.

Tottenham, Ipswich, Wolves, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have all reached the final since it began.

That's more teams than any other country.

Celtic and Rangers as well if you want to include them.

On the basis that smaller clubs won't be able to compete, why don't we reduce the premier League to just 2 teams, as the others don't have a chance of winning it currently ?
To be fair, I think the point he is trying to make is that the big six (4 of them) haven't done very well, and you can't really argue with that.

Loads.

Tottenham, Ipswich, Wolves, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have all reached the final since it began.

That's more teams than any other country.

Celtic and Rangers as well if you want to include them.
Aren't we talking more Uefa cup though with most of those?

No no no no no no.

:)
As you can’t be arsed to google it I’ll tell you that Man U under Mourinho, Liverpool under Klopp, Arsenal under Emery and Chelsea under Sarri have all reached the Europa Cup final in the last few years.

The europa
As you can’t be arsed to google it I’ll tell you that Man U under Mourinho, Liverpool under Klopp, Arsenal under Emery and Chelsea under Sarri have all reached the Europa Cup final in the last few years.
I dont need to google, of course we had both in last years final, then Man U won it the season before?

That aside we went years and years with hardly any representation from the quarters onwards. The era that Sevilla were winning it 3 times in a row etc.

The europa

I dont need to google, of course we had both in last years final, then Man U won it the season before?

That aside we went years and years with hardly any representation from the quarters onwards. The era that Sevilla were winning it 3 times in a row etc.
If you didn’t need to google why ask the question? As I’ve already posted on this thread, English clubs started to take it seriously when winning it provided entry into the following season’s champions league.

If you didn’t need to google why ask the question? As I’ve already posted on this thread, English clubs started to take it seriously when winning it provided entry into the following season’s champions league.
What question did I ask?

If you're referring to the 'weren't most of those the Uefa Cup' question, it was clearly rhetorical as....most of the clubs listed were Uefa Cup.

What question did I ask?

If you're referring to the 'weren't most of those the Uefa Cup' question, it was clearly rhetorical as....most of the clubs listed were Uefa Cup.

UEFA Cup Finalists

Tottenham
Liverpool
Ipswich
Wolves
Arsenal
Middlesbrough

Europa League Finalists

Fulham
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Arsenal

Not a huge difference considering it was the UEFA Cup for 40 years and has only been the Europa League for 10 years.

UEFA Cup Finalists

Tottenham
Liverpool
Ipswich
Wolves
Arsenal
Middlesbrough

Europa League Finalists

Fulham
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Arsenal

Not a huge difference considering it was the UEFA Cup for 40 years and has only been the Europa League for 10 years.

Agreed, although I must admit I thought it was Uefa when Fulham was in it too.

UEFA Cup Finalists

Tottenham
Liverpool
Ipswich
Wolves
Arsenal
Middlesbrough

Europa League Finalists

Fulham
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Arsenal

Has it really been called that for ten years already? that makes me feel old. :(

Don't give a shit what Stan collytwatwobblehead says, overpaid shitbag woman beating twat...and that's swearing

He'd have probably said the same thing when Middlesborough and Fulham qualified, and they both got to the final.

I hate little clubs like us, Wolves, or Burnley getting into Europe where they'll do nowt.

We need to come up with a qualification method that ensures only the best teams get into Europe. Like a way to list teams in order of their success on the pitch. How would it work though?

I hate little clubs like us, Wolves, or Burnley getting into Europe where they'll do nowt.

We need to come up with a qualification method that ensures only the best teams get into Europe. Like a way to list teams in order of their success on the pitch. How would it work though?
Base it on how many you took to QPR.

It works in tennis.

there are just so so many attention seeking 'pundits' / 'ex footballers' now its cringeworthy and just pathetic really esp as so many of them don't even hide there huge bias towards 'their' club - crap newspaper columns and the endless crap on social media and ofcourse sky / BT sport with their endless discussions with 'experts/ ex footballers' - they are all giving these buffoons the platform to spout there ill-researched garbage

For me Colin murray and Benji Boom would cover all games !
even know the Championship coverage is on a small channel in 'Quest' all other programes should take note on how to discuss teams and have knowledgable discussions/ debates - prefer this program even now to motd

Back
Top Bottom