Collymore and his latest thought provoking piece

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Man U aside - how many English sides have actually performed well in the Europa league.

The 'elite' see it as beneath them and rarely take it seriously, so why not let someone else have a good. Look at Wolves this season, they're absolutely destroying it. It's refreshing to see and I hope they go all the way in it.

If I was on the Premier League panel, I'd review the champions league qualifiers every season.
If I didn't think they had a chance of winning it, i'd replace them with one of the big teams.

Well cheers for that Stan. Not like any other pundit has said similar already. :rolleyes:

The problem with some "lesser" clubs going into Europe is they don't usually have the squad depth for the extra matches and it damages their league form. Although Wilder at the moment is complaining because we are not playing often enough. Wilder has built his teams to play 2 matches a week most weeks and we are playing a few matches a month at the moment.

We have two players for each position and I think Wilder would set us up to be competitive in Europe. I like to think he may prove that by going on a good run in the FA Cup this season.

This guy is getting paid to produce codswallop like this. If I was the Editor of Chief Exec of that paper I would be terminating his contract.

How do ex players who fucked up their career and have a highly dubious moral code, actually get a job where they are aloud to express their opinions to a national audience. It’s a disgrace that due to his notoriety he’s deemed able to sell papers or have a radio slot.

It's worse than that though, he's a shit pundit, always harking back to Villa and Liverpool. His opinions are stuck in his own heydays of the 90s and so we are 'physical', Villa are 'big' etc etc.

He should just stick to slapping women and should make way for people like Jenas, Murphy, Neville and Carragher, who actually watch stuff before forming an opinion.

(Still time to change the 'aloud' if you're quick).

Wonder if he thinks Villa should lose on Sunday. Wouldn't want them in Europe as they're fighting for a Championship play off place.
They’re a big club though. Because they spent a lot of money and have got a big stadium. It doesn’t matter that they’re shit, they’re a big club and that’s what’s important.

It's worse than that though, he's a shit pundit, always harking back to Villa and Liverpool. His opinions are stuck in his own heydays of the 90s and so we are 'physical', Villa are 'big' etc etc.

He should just stick to slapping women and should make way for people like Jenas, Murphy, Neville and Carragher, who actually watch stuff before forming an opinion.

(Still time to change the 'aloud' if you're quick).

I don't like Carragher he is lucky to still be working for Sky but I must admit when he covered the West Ham match for Sky he was very informed on us. So was Gary Neville.

The more you listen to pundits as discussed in the other thread about Sue Smith. You can tell which ones genuinely have done their research and which ones have not.

I don't like Carragher he is lucky to still be working for Sky but I must admit when he covered the West Ham match for Sky he was very informed on us. So was Gary Neville.

The more you listen to pundits as discussed in the other thread about Sue Smith. You can tell which ones genuinely have done their research and which ones have not.
Isn’t she just a match reporter though? Cara and Neville are analysts, they properly review games. Personally, even if I was just a match reporter I’d try to be as knowledgeable as I could. I think part of the problem, historically, is that a lot of former players are very inarticulate so there’s not been a huge pool to choose from. I’m not so sure that’s the case now as many seem used to social media and talking to a camera.

I don't even know what he's trying to say, as he contradicts himself by saying being shit in a competition is not a reason not to qualify for it. Is he just trying to say that the only clubs that make sense qualifying for Europe are the big 6 because only they can win it?
What's his opinion on 90% of the country's clubs entering the FA Cup?

Isn’t she just a match reporter though? Cara and Neville are analysts, they properly review games. Personally, even if I was just a match reporter I’d try to be as knowledgeable as I could. I think part of the problem, historically, is that a lot of former players are very inarticulate so there’s not been a huge pool to choose from. I’m not so sure that’s the case now as many seem used to social media and talking to a camera.

I think if she is writing about us and giving her opinion then she falls under a pundit. Either way as you said they need to be knowledgable even as a reporter and if they don't know something then they should avoid saying anything.

Erm, isn't he actually praising us?

It's not about whether he's praising us or not for me. It's him basically saying clubs like us, Burnley and Southampton shouldn't bother qualifying for Europe as we won't win it. He wants the big clubs in Europe from now until forever which essentially means he is wanting a European Super League. I'm not sure if he realises that himself though.

Boro and Fulham Both got to the final in the last 15 years so?

The thing that irks me about this, is isn't Stan know for Championing supporters and such? He's right in a way very very good chance we won't win it but do fans of a club whose only taste of European football was the Anglo Italian cup deserve the chance to come up against some of Europes biggest names? 131 years of history and not one single supporter has watched us play a single minute of elite level European football the arrogance is astounding.

I bang on about Atalanta but off the park there are similarities. And they qualified for the UEFA cup for the first time in 30 years, they used that platform and money to recruit. Season after they qualified for the CL for the first time, they're in the last 16 looking like progressing and also qualifying again For a 2nd season

Back
Top Bottom