Club Records broken since 2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

coaxingstar71

First 10 yards are in the head
Reaction score
It occurred to me that we've broken a number of club records since Chris Wilder took over in 2016-17.

Highest number of points in a season : 100 in 2016-17
Most wins in a season : 30 in 2016-17
Most wins in a second tier season : 28 in 2022-23

Most capped player (while playing for us) : 29* John Egan
*it's 29 or 30 and counting

Highest transfer fee paid : Rhian Brewster approx £23.5m (after breaking this record several times over)
Highest transfer fee received : Aaron Ramsdale approx £30m

Think we also equalled the club record for consecutive league wins with 7 at the end of the 2016-17 beginning of the 2017-18 season.
I also think we may have broken the record for unbeaten away games from losing to Swansea 1-0 in January 2019 to losing to Man City 2-0 in December 2019, not sure though and don't know how many games it was.

Any more?

91 points is a new club record for the second tier (gerrit on the honours board etc).

Sure I saw the club tweet that the 19 clean sheets we kept this season was a club record at this level too, although I can't find it now.

It occurred to me that we've broken a number of club records since Chris Wilder took over in 2016-17.

Highest number of points in a season : 100 in 2016-17
Most wins in a season : 30 in 2016-17
Most wins in a second tier season : 28 in 2022-23

Most capped player (while playing for us) : 29* John Egan
*it's 29 or 30 and counting

Highest transfer fee paid : Rhian Brewster approx £23.5m (after breaking this record several times over)
Highest transfer fee received : Aaron Ramsdale approx £30m

Think we also equalled the club record for consecutive league wins with 7 at the end of the 2016-17 beginning of the 2017-18 season.
I also think we may have broken the record for unbeaten away games from losing to Swansea 1-0 in January 2019 to losing to Man City 2-0 in December 2019, not sure though and don't know how many games it was.

Any more?
The consecutive league wins record is 8. It’s been done 6 times. Most recent was 2016-7 (last 7 games) to 2017-8 (first game).

The consecutive unbeaten away games record was indeed in the period you mention. It covered 17 games.

In 2020-21 we broke records for fewest league goals (20) fewest league draws (2) most league games without a win (20, with 3 of them the year before) consecutive defeats (8) and equalled records for consecutive home league defeats (5) and home league games without a win (9).

The consecutive league wins record is 8. It’s been done 6 times. Most recent was 2016-7 (last 7 games) to 2017-8 (first game).

The consecutive unbeaten away games record was indeed in the period you mention. It covered 17 games.

In 2020-21 we broke records for fewest league goals (20) fewest league draws (2) most league games without a win (20, with 3 of them the year before) consecutive defeats (8) and equalled records for consecutive home league defeats (5) and home league games without a win (9).
I was trying to avoid 2020-21 as it didn't count as no one was there to witness it, hahahahaha!!!!

For the first hundred years of English football a win gave two points. I'd therefore say the 'highest points total' is not a genuine record unless it beats all historic points totals calculated as three points for a win.

For the first hundred years of English football a win gave two points. I'd therefore say the 'highest points total' is not a genuine record unless it beats all historic points totals calculated as three points for a win.
Translated to the 2 points system we’d have got 70 which would still be a club record.
Our previous best of 96 in 81-82 would have been 69 in the 2 points system.
Our highest points total when it was 2 points was 60 in 52-53

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkc

I've posted this about a zillion times because I love this stat: we now (jointly) hold the records for both the most and the fewest draws in a Premier League season

EDIT: let it be noted that I usually don't go in for "football started in 1992"-type Premier League stats. This is an exception.

Translated to the 2 points system we’d have got 70 which would still be a club record.
Our previous best of 96 in 81-82 would have been 69 in the 2 points system.
Our highest points total when it was 2 points was 60 in 52-53
Okay, I'm sold. But it was the third tier.

2022-2023, Crab airlines no of near misses due to pilots strike, rear gunner had to fly the planes.

Regan Slater became our youngest ever goalscorer I think back in 2016/17, on his debut against Grimsby.

Okay, I'm sold. But it was the third tier.
There is an argument that our two point totals were over 42 games, whereas the 96 and 100 in more recent times were both over 46 games.

However...

100 pts ~ 70 / 46 games = 1.522 pts per game
96 pts ~ 69 / 46 games = 1.5 pts per game
60 pts / 42 games = 1.428 pts per game

As a comparison, Hecky's Heroes

91pts ~ 63 / 46 games = 1.369 pts per game

Reactions: Dkc
Wasn't Daniel Jebbison the youngest ever player to score on his first Premier League start in our 1-0 win against Everton at Goodison?

Just checked, yes. 17 years, 309 days, beating Danny Cadamarteri for Everton against Barnsley in 1997.

I wonder who holds the record for the 1st ever PL goal 🤔

Ave that ya Cunts 🤣
I refuse to acknowledge a single 'Premier League record' is a real record.

Anyway it was only rebranded as the 'Premier League' in 2001. Before that it was the 'Premiership'. Before that, the First Division.

Anyway it was only rebranded as the 'Premier League' in 2001. Before that it was the 'Premiership'. Before that, the First Division.

Incorrect.

It was called the Premier League for it's first season in 1992-93.

I refuse to acknowledge a single 'Premier League record' is a real record.

It became known only as the Premier League in 2007 actually, before that they used both Premier League and Premiership.

I just call it the weakest it's ever been to avoid confusion.

Back
Top Bottom