Clean slate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Totally agree. Football fans are a fickle breed though. If Wilder does well you can bet your bottom dollar all the old Wilder chants will come out again!

Some of the comments are genuinely laughable. If most of us was to see Wilder in the street we'd thank him for what he did to our club during his previous stint. People comment on here like he's the worst thing that ever happened to us and they can believe such a bad manager has returned.

Out of the 5 season he was here he had 1 poor season in a time when there was no fans. I also think he needed a re-set and had got a bit too big for his boots after mixing it with the big boys. If that covid season hadn't of happened he would have still been a legend in all the fans eyes & we'd be buzzing today.

I wasn't impressed with the way Wilder's reign came to an end .... but..... I still wrote him a letter (a proper letter too - not an email!!) thanking him for everything he had done for us over his time as manager. They were great times and I loved every single bloody minute of it.

If he keeps us up without spending a penny in January then my opinion of him as a manager might start to change. As a person I’ll still think he’s a thick gobshite who would stab his own mother in the back though.

Can never understand this need to have a nice manager. Couldn't care less about what he's like in private.

Only care about Sheffield United. We need a good manager, someone who knows tactics, who hates losing, a bad loser
....and hope this attitude transfers to the players. You often find nice people tend to be losers...you need a bit of a mean streak.

Not a chance in hell Wilder will do well.
WHY do you mean win premiership or get this bunch of championship players to show a little back bone and put a tiny bit of pride back into our club because anything above what I’ve witnessed this season would be doing well remember these are not premiership players (macatee) ???

Can never understand this need to have a nice manager. Couldn't care less about what he's like in private.

Only care about Sheffield United. We need a good manager, someone who knows tactics, who hates losing, a bad loser
....and hope this attitude transfers to the players. You often find nice people tend to be losers...you need a bit of a mean streak.
I actually agree with this but stop all the hysterics of kissing the badge and talking about being a ball boy and admit he’s in it for one thing, the money and couldn’t give 2 shits about the club.

If most of us was to see Wilder in the street we'd thank him for what he did to our club during his previous stint
Hi Stegosaurus here,

I wouldn't. I would expect him to thank me for pointing out the flaws in his management style and therefore allowing him to realise where he is going wrong and then improve on his skills.

Firstly, football fans are not fickle.
Success breeds glory hunters. Where were our 30k home support now when we had just over 6k v palace in the 90s same port Vale.
Where were they at boro 6_0 defeat .
Arsenal away Plymouth away Tuesday night then Cardiff away in a space of just over a week. Cornwall tours , Ireland tours , Holland tours , Hungary tours, Portugal tours , Scotland tours , Italy trips.
We have the most loyal fan base but attract muppets who think premiership is glory . Its not ???? Following you're club is beyond glory its a lifetime commitment.im happy today he's gone and I'm happy whos taking his place.

Drop the baggage. What we need now is unity as a club. Season starts now.
The season starts next season for me. From now until the end of the season this is purely damage limitation and going down with pride. We will not stay up. Forget it. The damage is already done and we won't recruit anyone in January unless we send Thomas back and get another domestic loan in.

Once a blade
Always a blade
I’ve seen the good the bad & the ugly
from the old 1st division to the 4th division
Then the championship to the premiership
From Adam’s to Bassett
From Hashimi to mcCabe

None of that has or ever will change my allegiance

I’m disappointed Hecky has left this way
I was livid how Wilder left
I still want to watch United until the day I die

Because I’m a blade

Once a blade
Always a blade
I’ve seen the good the bad & the ugly
from the old 1st division to the 4th division
Then the championship to the premiership
From Adam’s to Bassett
From Hashimi to mcCabe

None of that has or ever will change my allegiance

I’m disappointed Hecky has left this way
I was livid how Wilder left
I still want to watch United until the day I die

Because I’m a blade
Same.

Hes a busted flush and a disappointing appointment, as with Hecky I want to be wrong but I dont see myself being. With the insight of Knill we stumbled upon a style that was unique with personnel who could play it and teams couldn't cope, when those same personnel weren't available and plan B didn't work, I think he lacks a Plan B and I find him petulant too it was glossed over due to success but the amount of times he publically threw the players under the bus in a non constructive way was appalling tbh, this isnt his bunch of players anymore and many wont react well to being publically outed if he goes about it the same way he did last time

IF we as fans don't at least try and give Wilder a clean slate we are being detrimental to ourselves.

For me, clean slate like the main poster says an we start the season again here.

The season starts next season for me. From now until the end of the season this is purely damage limitation and going down with pride. We will not stay up. Forget it. The damage is already done and we won't recruit anyone in January unless we send Thomas back and get another domestic loan in.
Must be w*nk having to wait until next season

'We're on the march with Wilder's Army.' He said in interviews he'd learned, he was now at his best as a manager. Early days but the evidence is already there with the team sheets and the approach in his first two games. All positive. Prepared to play the youth, to play on the front foot, and sideline the stalwarts we know are now well past their best.

Back
Top Bottom