Ciaran Clark

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Love him. It makes a nice change (and I'm talking about generally not just us) seeing a defender who likes defending- reads danger, intercepts it, tough and good on the ball, looks great. Him and Lowe don't half make a bloody difference.
Agreed. Clark and Lowe have made the team much stronger on the left side of defence. Adequate back up with Robinson and Stevens if necessary. RND to come back too. All looking good, especially if Doyle can start at left midfield.

MOTM tonight absolute colossus
Reminds me of a Wes Brown/Jon O’Shea - should never really have played for suxh a big club at the highest level but has and been carried along. Leave that comfort zone of better players and get found out to actually be not that good!

He looked decent pre injury, and then understandably many of us thought we had signed another player who was made of glass. Great to see him back in the side and putting in these performances now.

On current form, I'll have another entry for the 'worst takes' thread.

I was utterly nonplussed when we signed him and thought he'd be a liability.

I've been pleasantly wrong so far. Not put a foot wrong since he returned to regular contention.

Has been solid since his first game. Finally got someone who can replace Egan if he’s out for whatever reason

Very steady game in the middle of the back 3 last night and a communicator which helps. Win his fair share if headers and tackles though being super critical there was the Madine headed chance with 15 to go where he lost him in the box and luckily Madine got under it and headed over. There were times also when I think he needed to get to tighter to Madine who had a few unchallenged headers in their build up play. There is a balance though in Madine coming short for the ball and flicking on with Clark holding back keeping his defensive shape, and then times when he needed to step onto Madine more and challenge him in the air. Nitpicking from me and he doesn't play that position all the time so in the circumstances he was top draw against a very arkward opponent.

I did wonder if in hindsight it was a blessing that Egan was missing as he sometimes struggles against a big physical centre forwards - example Troy Deeney. Hecky got the team right and I was comfortable with Clark being there, probably more do than if Egan or Bash had played there last night.

While overall I thought he had a decent game, he lost Madine for the header which led to the first goal and he lost him again for what could’ve been an equalising header late on. He’s been solid squad depth so far but I wouldn’t say much more than that personally.

While overall I thought he had a decent game, he lost Madine for the header which led to the first goal and he lost him again for what could’ve been an equalising header late on. He’s been solid squad depth so far but I wouldn’t say much more than that personally.
Couldn’t agree more, he is a good talker but only ordinary as a player and can be both outmuscled & outpaced ....only a squad player IMO

On current form, I'll have another entry for the 'worst takes' thread.

I was utterly nonplussed when we signed him and thought he'd be a liability.

I've been pleasantly wrong so far. Not put a foot wrong since he returned to regular contention.
i wasnt class player at newcastle never let them down thought it was a great signing at the time and still do

My son in law is big Newcastle supporter. Says Clark was great in the team that got promoted back to EPL, real crowd favourite and scored some really important goals from corners but "always has a mistake in him". Dont think he has played much in the EPL and clearly Howe doesnt think he is good enough. I like him and think he has done well for us but if we get promoted not sure we should sign him.

Is he out of contract at the end of the season? Seemed to recall some chat he was.

I’d not be averse to signing him for the PL if we manage it or for this level. Certainly he’d be much better first back up / play a handful of games then for example kean Bryan was time out.

I'm surprised he divides opinion. To my eyes, we look so much better with him in the side than out. He leads the back line, organises, wins balls in the air and he's quite happy stepping out of defence too.

He makes the odd mistake (he got turned at Wigan and then had to foul his man, last night he lost Madine a couple of times). He isn't Jack O'Connell, but he's very good for this level and he rightfully keeps Jack Robinson out of the team.

I think he's been 7/10 every game since he's come back in. Including last night, out of position, against a very tough opponent.

Reminds me of a Wes Brown/Jon O’Shea - should never really have played for suxh a big club at the highest level but has and been carried along. Leave that comfort zone of better players and get found out to actually be not that good!

Which big club are you referring to?

He's an absolute rock from what I've seen. We need to be getting a contract in front of him soon

I haven't heard anything. Not sure if he's just not making the bench because PH wants an extra attacker?
Can’t leave bash out of the squad completely so that would make sense. They were both on the bench the other week against Luton

Back
Top Bottom