CONFIRMED Ciaran Clark

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

they didn’t want to back Slav because they didn’t want him long term, he was a placeholder, as above I’m very much convinced he was appointed due to fan pressure more than anything else

The press conference from Hecky’s appointment pretty much confirmed they never really wanted Slav and their “vision” fit Hecky much better

I mean you know what, fair play, they did what the fans wanted and proved once again why fans are fans and not running football clubs
So they didn't want the Bloke even though they met with him a number of times but gave him assurances of a player budget with a big hefty contract (an expensive placeholder contract) kind of like they conned him into the job, just to keep us happy. The Board then give us a load of shit about a plan they have been working on for the last six months with Hecky. If you believe all that crap can I come round with some double glazing samples.

So they didn't want the Bloke even though they met with him a number of times but gave him assurances of a player budget with a big hefty contract (an expensive placeholder contract) kind of like they conned him into the job, just to keep us happy. The Board then give us a load of shit about a plan they have been working on for the last six months with Hecky. If you believe all that crap can I come round with some double glazing samples.

I’m not forcing you to agree lad, just how I see it

Defence wins titles/promotion. The more solid devensive unit we have the less our offensive players need to produce to secure results.

I like the proposal, Clark is a solid experienced pro at Premier League & International level. 214 PL appearances to his name.

The three teams that conceded the fewest in the Championship last season all went up.
Anyone care to guess who was 4th?

Will be a very good signing if we can get it over the line.

My NUFC mad mate says his is a very good player at PL level

Whilst defences do win you promotion, We will need a player to unpick a stubborn defensive at BDTBL

Will be a very good signing if we can get it over the line.

My NUFC mad mate says his is a very good player at PL level

Whilst defences do win you promotion, We will need a player to unpick a stubborn defensive at BDTBL

And should finally be a capable replacement for JOC after Ampadu, Stevens, RND, Robinson and Davies all failed.

Surprised we didn’t go for a double swoop for Hendrick too tbh. He’d be an astute signing in a position we need depth

CW wanted him and a deal was apparently possible until Newcastle blew everyone out of the water with their offer.

Reminds me a lot of Lundstram and would have also been earmarked to play in the RCM role.

QPR fans hated Hendrick last season. Not surprised to see him fail to get a decent Championship move

I liked the look of Hendrick about 5-6 years ago and thought he'd make a solid PL midfielder.
He did very well for Ireland in 2 or 3 games I watched him in.
He's had a pretty disappointing career since.

Good to see the board have changed their planning for this season. Last year players suffered from a lack of training camp, poor preseason fixtures and a last minute signing for MGW by Slav. It also has taken two the previous managers and Hecky complaining of the poor condition at Shirecliffe to finally do something about it.

Good to see the board have changed their planning for this season. Last year players suffered from a lack of training camp, poor preseason fixtures and a last minute signing for MGW by Slav. It also has taken two the previous managers and Hecky complaining of the poor condition at Shirecliffe to finally do something about it.
Can't remember Wilder complaining about the pitches at Shirecliffe.
More pertinent was possibly the departure of the long serving head groundsman and his no.2.
Nothing radical has happened to the building fabric.

I'm so excited that we've won the race against nobody to sign an extremely, extremely, extremely average player.

And lost out on two despite having parachute payments to newly promoted Sunderland and another to an almost bankrupt for the second time Scottish club

I'm so excited that we've won the race against nobody to sign an extremely, extremely, extremely average player.

And lost out on two despite having parachute payments to newly promoted Sunderland and another to an almost bankrupt for the second time Scottish club

I don't think we were ever in for Jack Clarke. He also isn't that good.

Rangers were last year's UEFA Cup Finalists and pay a lot more than us. Move on, mate.

Bet you're fun on a night out 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spot on ... my sentiments entirely 👍

Triple signing Clark, Hendrick & Gayle. 23 GOALS while on season loan with Baggies in Championship.

Hendrick's gone to Reading.
I'd be tempted by Gayle if the terms were right.
Although, I do agree with others that a link up / target man type striker might suit us better if we are going with two no. 10s (though it seems we're doing everything we can to shift Berge so we may be changing to a front two).

seems to be taking an age for this Clark deal to go through!
Never heard of a 3 day long medical? We're just being extra cautious to make sure he indeed has some debilitating underlying condition before we sign him.

Back
Top Bottom