CONFIRMED Chris Wilder - new blades boss!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Adkins' Blades win percentage is a stonking 41.5%, which puts him behind Wilder. :):)

Adkins' record here is the 9th best, about equal with Kendall.

11th in division three, top man isn't he.

Not sure but Kendall didn't finish 11th in division three, then again the old memory is not what it was.

Gene-Wilder.jpg

Anyone get a bet on?

I checked every 5 mins on Skybet once the sacking had been announced. Got 10/11. Went to 8/11 so went to back him again and they suspended betting the twats just before the SSN announcement (to be announced next 48 hrs)

Anyhows, 10/11 better than a kick in the bollox if Wilder agrees to everything (with both his hands tied behind his back)

If it is Wilder, then I will give him a chance, but "a Blade successful managing at lower league" still just sounds like Mickey Adams mark 2 to me.

Wilder was offered Charlton job after interviews.

Fooked em off after Blades interest emerged. Good lad !!

SUFC is a unique club. It appears that Adkins biggest failing was not embracing the clubs culture, and the same could be said for Clough as well.

I believe Wilder WILL offer a different perspective on managing the club comparing to the 2 Nigel's as he is Sheffield born and bred, lives in Sheffield, is a Blades man through and through and has also played for us over a period when the club was generally quite successful.

Sad it didn't work out for Adkins but, given an 11th place finish, what did he expect ?

Genuinely excited about this appointment, which now seems nailed on.

UTB

SUFC is a unique club. It appears that Adkins biggest failing was not embracing the clubs culture, and the same could be said for Clough as well.

I believe Wilder WILL offer a different perspective on managing the club comparing to the 2 Nigel's as he is Sheffield born and bred, lives in Sheffield, is a Blades man through and through and has also played for us over a period when the club was generally quite successful.

Sad it didn't work out for Adkins but, given an 11th place finish, what did he expect ?

UTB

Good post . SUFC was successful and correct to appoint Adkins . The club have not failed , it's Adkins who has failed big style . His reputation is on the line , the guy has gone , good iridescent to bad positive , motivational blood.

Bring the new guy in , clean sweep at just the right time . Manager who takes not shit , and talks straight not in riddles .

Good day. Let's all stick together and give the bloke a fucking big chip butty welcome.

Bring the new guy in , clean sweep at just the right time .

Damn right. People who were saying 'Give Adkins till Christmas' obviously haven't seen much of this car-crash of a season. He's utterly wasted a full year and there were absolutely no signs of any improvements - in fact, quite the opposite.

It's ridiculous. There's 5 threads in the Rumour mill and 8 on page 1 of General Blades Chat :mad:

We need Foxy or Linz to ban any new threads with the words "Wilder" "Adkins" "Sky Sources" or "SSN" in them. In fact just ban the perpertrator from the forum.

UTB

I would say his biggest fail was insisting that Hammond, Sammon, Woolford and McEvs are suitable footballers.

No it isn't. It's a very badly run club and the fans want instant success, but we're hardly unique in that sense.

The last manager to get us promoted took 6 or 7 years. Why do we now think it will be achieved in one?

That was in the second division. We are now in the third division. Given the club's support and resources any season spent in the third division is a failure. Not even getting in the play offs is completely unacceptable.

Seven million threads merged.

Will be moved back to General Blades Chat if/when [Confirmed]

Back
Top Bottom