Chris Eagles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Most probably too expensive for the 1 in 5 games he actually bothers to turn in a performance.

I'd rather spend the money on Brayfords wages

Brayford isn't going to win us promotion single-handedly from right back.
We need to add Championship-level quality in most other areas too.
A goalscoring pacy, skilful wide player would seem to a be worthwhile addition.

No thank you. It would cost a small fortune to get the scruffy cunt presentable for public viewing for a start.

Not really a valid reason to dismiss him but he's not even scruffy any more:-

Eagles.jpg

At the risk of repeating myself, I'd rather spend the (no doubt considerable) wages on Brayford and that Eagles is inconsistent.

I agree we need to add quality, I don't believe that we need championship cost. Flynn, Murphy and Scougall are examples that shopping around outside the inflated prices of the championship you can pick up relative bargains.

In short, eagles isn't the answer

View attachment 8391

No but look how lovely his Adidas shirt is ;)

At the risk of repeating myself, I'd rather spend the (no doubt considerable) wages on Brayford and that Eagles is inconsistent.

I agree we need to add quality, I don't believe that we need championship cost. Flynn, Murphy and Scougall are examples that shopping around outside the inflated prices of the championship you can pick up relative bargains.

In short, eagles isn't the answer

Flynn and Murphy were inconsistent before Clough turned their careers around.
He could do the same with Eagles who has already proved he can do it consistently at a higher level.
He was Bolton's player of the month in August, September and October last season.
If you don't think we should be paying championship prices/wages for players, why not apply the same logic to Brayford?

In my opinion, genuine quality will cost a little extra but that is what we need to lift us to the next level.
Eagles is one such player, Brayford is another. Who says we can't and won't sign both?
Only Clough knows whether Eagles is the answer or not.

Very much agree with this. If splurging on Brayford prevents us getting the sort of firepower we need for promotion, then we just can't do it.

I think we should quickly determine with Cardiff and Brayford whether there's any chance of getting him at a reasonable cost. If not then move on. Time is of the essence.

Flynn and Murphy were inconsistent before Clough turned their careers around.
He could do the same with Eagles who has already proved he can do it consistently at a higher level.
He was Bolton's player of the month in August, September and October last season.
If you don't think we should be paying championship prices/wages for players, why not apply the same logic to Brayford?

In my opinion, genuine quality will cost a little extra but that is what we need to lift us to the next level.
Eagles is one such player, Brayford is another. Who says we can't and won't sign both?
Only Clough knows whether Eagles is the answer or not.

Brayford is an entirely different character to Eagles. If we had the option of both eagles and Brayford I still wouldn't sign eagles. Brayford has proved he's an important player and has stepped down to this division without question. I'm not saying eagles wouldn't, but I'd rather we went for someone like Billy Clarke than eagles and then spend the cash elsewhere on an out and out striker.

If we don't get Brayford permanently or if we don't manage another loan deal for him, then I'd take freeman back.

I think it's more important to have the back four sorted in the way Clough wants than to bring in players like eagles. I put eagles on the same category as Cotteril. Great on his day, but found myself more frustrated by his work rate and end product. Eagles strikes me as a bit of a big time Charlie

Very much agree with this. If splurging on Brayford prevents us getting the sort of firepower we need for promotion, then we just can't do it.

I think we should quickly determine with Cardiff and Brayford whether there's any chance of getting him at a reasonable cost. If not then move on. Time is of the essence.

But........but......beardy beardy beardness Jade........

I doubt we'll start next season with him in the line up, but wouldn't be surprised when things continue to unravel in Cardiff and he returns in Jan with a view to signing permanently if we make it up next summer.

But........but......beardy beardy beardness Jade........

I doubt we'll start next season with him in the line up, but wouldn't be surprised when things continue to unravel in Cardiff and he returns in Jan with a view to signing permanently if we make it up next summer.

OK I'll say it.

I expect he'll remove the face fur for his summer hols. If it takes until the January Transfer Window to regrow then so be it. We can wait.

nope_girl.gif

Well that's a good reason to sign him - only scored 1 in 18 appearances this season.

View attachment 8391

No but he's a bit porky round the midriff.

For a professional footballer that is.

Wish I was that "fuller figured"! ;)

No thanks. Always thought he was a decent player but not right for us.

Besides, I think there will be plenty of takers in the lower reaches of the Championship.

No thanks. Always thought he was a decent player but not right for us.

Besides, I think there will be plenty of takers in the lower reaches of the Championship.

I would suggest that, right now, there is more appeal in joining SUFC than lower Championship teams.

I would suggest that, right now, there is more appeal in joining SUFC than lower Championship teams.

And we don't have to take players who have peaked and will never ever get better but will look to those that can flourish

Has always looked quality when I've seen him. Be surprised if someone in the championship doesn't take him. Remember Unsworth throwing his hand in his face and getting sent off when we lost 1-4 at Lane? Eagles was playing for Watford, was promotion season I think?

Reasons against; he'll be unfit as he's a free agent and we're well stocked in his position.

That said, I'd take him in a shot for this level.

Back
Top Bottom