Chelsea time kick off moved

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

United are compensating Chelsea fans now FFS.
This is all on Amazon for putting the Liverpool game on the Thursday. But yeah, let the skintest club in the League compensate the richest, because the league decided to allow the game to go ahead at lunchtime on the same day as the Sheffield Marathon.

1711448342889.png

Totally agree with reimbursing Chelsea fans.

It's OK moaning about Sky not caring about fans who actually go to games, but this has been poorly handled and its clear the issue is at our end.
How the fuck do you work that one out?

This is all on Amazon for putting the Liverpool game on the Thursday. But yeah, let the skintest club in the League compensate the richest, because the league decided to allow the game to go ahead at lunchtime on the same day as the Sheffield Marathon.

View attachment 181136

Quite. We are having to miss the game altogether (3 x STs) due to this ongoing knock on from moving the Liverpool game. Where is our ST compo for that? I get the risks involved in buying a ST means not all games can/will be attended, but the current outcome for us is as a direct consequence of the late change(s) and mismanagement of comms. The club really need to look into ST resale options to at least give some compo to some. As things stand there will be empty seats AND pissed off ST holders, a resale option gets rid of both AND makes the club more money

View attachment 181136
What bollocks is this why should SUFC pay Chelsea or their fans a penny. We didn't choose to move the game to a Sunday which clashed with a Sheffield half marathon and I doubt very much that we had any choice of the kick off time being put back to later the same day. More than likely SY Police and SAG had a hand in that not SUFC. Let Sky/ SYP/ SAG reimburse them for the train tickets. Knowing the trains they will be on strike anyway FFS

Well hopefully this opens the floodgates for sky to reimburse fans who have forked out for non-refundable train tickets and hotels when they rearrange several games a week.

Somehow I doubt that will happen. If not why not

Well hopefully this opens the floodgates for sky to reimburse fans who have forked out for non-refundable train tickets and hotels when they rearrange several games a week.

If you're doing that before kickoff times are finalised by TV (saying Sky is lazy), that's on you, nobody else. The difference here is the date was moved, then the kickoff time was moved again after Chelsea fans would reasonably expect it to have been finalised, which happens very rarely. Who the onus to compensate them should fall on is very much up for debate

TNT should foot the bill, they bollocksed it up by moving the previous games to a Thursday

We didn't choose to move the game to a Sunday which clashed with a Sheffield half marathon and I doubt very much that we had any choice of the kick off time being put back to later the same day.
It was United's request to push it back due to the Marathon

What bollocks is this why should SUFC pay Chelsea or their fans a penny. We didn't choose to move the game to a Sunday which clashed with a Sheffield half marathon and I doubt very much that we had any choice of the kick off time being put back to later the same day. More than likely SY Police and SAG had a hand in that not SUFC. Let Sky/ SYP/ SAG reimburse them for the train tickets. Knowing the trains they will be on strike anyway FFS
I think there is a train strike that weekend !!!!

View attachment 181136
Might be overthinking this but I'm very much supporting of generating preferential treatment from cash-rich clubs with a strong academy.

"Todd my lad, remember that time we paid for your fans, send us some of your young worldies and we will call it even"

Not on the Sunday there isn't, although the numbers that actually work that day at the best of times is clearly limited
Apologies. I thought the 5-8 April would include the Sunday.

I live in London with a Season Ticket on John Street… had my train booked and it’s cost me £20 in admin fees to change it…
So i do sympathise with the Chelsea fans on this one.
That's just a rip off.

View attachment 181136
I wish the Premier League would just fuck off.

View attachment 181136
Rightly so, it was our error

If you're doing that before kickoff times are finalised by TV (saying Sky is lazy), that's on you, nobody else. The difference here is the date was moved, then the kickoff time was moved again after Chelsea fans would reasonably expect it to have been finalised, which happens very rarely. Who the onus to compensate them should fall on is very much up for debate
Similar principle though mate.

Fan buys ticket, game is moved, fan is out of pocket

Might be overthinking this but I'm very much supporting of generating preferential treatment from cash-rich clubs with a strong academy.

"Todd my lad, remember that time we paid for your fans, send us some of your young worldies and we will call it even"
Yeah we might get another duffer like Ethan Ampadu ;)

Similar principle though mate.

Fan buys ticket, game is moved, fan is out of pocket

OK, so I've just got a call from the ticket office saying I've been successful in the Brentford ballot. I can reasonably expect the game to kick off at 3pm as all the TV fixtures have been decided, and bought my train tickets down after that point. If Brentford decide this afternoon "oh wait we've noticed a bunch of roadworks on the A4 on that day can we move the game to Sunday", do you not see how that would be an ever so slightly different situation than if I booked a train ticket for Everton away today, and then in three weeks time Sky decide they want to show it and move it to Monday night?

The 5 whys technique should explain it.

1. Why is it on a Sunday? Because we both play on Thursday
  2. Why are we both playing Thursday? Because we're both live on TNT
  3. Why are TNT putting it on Thursday and not Tues/Weds? Because TNT want to broadcast EVERY game that week and maximise no. of viewers
  4. Why was it re-scheduled for Sunday at 1:30pm initially? - Because that was the only slot not to clash with already scheduled other games on Sunday at 3:30pm and 5:30pm.
  5. Why was it moved from 1:30pm to 5:30pm? - Because the Sheffield marathon is on at lunchtime and it would be a logistical/travel nightmare

How the fuck do you work that one out?
Because the club failed to say no originally to the 1.30pm kick off allowing fans to arrange travel.

Then they realised their mistake of forgetting about the marathon.

At least SUFC, SYP, and SAG are all culpable to some degree imho.

If it was the other way round we'd be pissed off. Ultimately it's a drop in the ocean for United to pay the train fares of some Chelsea fans- just because they support a rich club doesn't mean they have money to burn as individuals. Supporting your team home and away is expensive and even more so when people cock up and have to change dates.

Nice gesture which shouldn't have happened had someone at United, the council, or SYP been able to check a calendar correctly.

OK, so I've just got a call from the ticket office saying I've been successful in the Brentford ballot. I can reasonably expect the game to kick off at 3pm as all the TV fixtures have been decided, and bought my train tickets down after that point. If Brentford decide this afternoon "oh wait we've noticed a bunch of roadworks on the A4 on that day can we move the game to Sunday", do you not see how that would be an ever so slightly different situation than if I booked a train ticket for Everton away today, and then in three weeks time Sky decide they want to show it and move it to Monday night?
Yes slightly different but similar principle. Fan being out of pocket fo reasons beyond their control.

If the Brentford game is called off presumably you’ll be happy to write off your train fare

Back
Top Bottom