Central defence

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lose our most competitive defender and the threat from his long throws ?

By ‘most competitive’ do you mean most willing to throw himself into a tackle?

As admirable as that is it doesn’t mean he’s the best options as a defender. Personally, I think that out of the current back 3 he’s the weak link and if we’d had Clark available more this season we’d have accumulated more points.

Play Robbo at left wing back. At least he will win a few tackles and mark players unlike Lowe the last couple of games

He’ll also give you absolutely nothing going forward, so I guess it really depends what you want from a LWB. Personally, I’d prefer them to be better going forward as I see that as their main job but I can understand others thinking differently

He’ll also give you absolutely nothing going forward, so I guess it really depends what you want from a LWB. Personally, I’d prefer them to be better going forward as I see that as their main job but I can understand others thinking differently
With us conceeding 6 goals in the last two games i think we should tighten up the back 5 which then might give us scope to start with McAtee and Ndiaye behind McBurnie

Play Robbo at left wing back. At least he will win a few tackles and mark players unlike Lowe the last couple of games
Have you noticed how sow he is? And his lack of athleticism? Perfect for a wingback...

By ‘most competitive’ do you mean most willing to throw himself into a tackle?

As admirable as that is it doesn’t mean he’s the best options as a defender. Personally, I think that out of the current back 3 he’s the weak link and if we’d had Clark available more this season we’d have accumulated more points.
Probably true, but Clark hasn’t been available and is probably not match fit.
As someone else pointed out we could play both on the left side.

Anel and Clark have to start Saturday.

Fully agree. It needs a shake up and that's the obvious one to make.

However, Anel isn't being rested for the hell of it. I think he's still really suffering from the glandular-fever setback.
We'll likely have to rotate him and Basham til the end of the season. Anel might only be good for 1 game a week.

he looked good to me yesterday in u21 game i agree with another poster put clark back in at lcb and switch robinson to lwb i think he could be ok there and lowe has dropped off in last couple of games

With us conceeding 6 goals in the last two games i think we should tighten up the back 5 which then might give us scope to start with McAtee and Ndiaye behind McBurnie

We started with Ndiaye, McAtee and McBurnie against Boro.

Tightening up the back 5 sounds reasonable. The issue with that is that it often results in a weaker attack, so we’d potentially score fewer goals as a result.

Conceding 6 in the last few games could be a blip. The first 30 games seem to lean this way. Changing our approach on the back of it might not be sensible.

How does he get match fit?

We could play both on the left hand side, it doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.

I say this as someone who likes Robinson, his ability to throw himself into tackles sometimes masks his defensive frailties. Against Swansea, on at least two occasions his threw himself in, mistimed the tackle, and it resulted in them creating a chance. One of which should’ve been an easy goal to make it 2-1, thereby changing the game significantly at that point. I came on here after that game and everyone was talking about how he loves a tackle, nobody mentioned how he’d nearly cost us a goal.

Got to say I am not looking forward to seeing the likes of Sarr and Davis running at our defence....whoever is playing in it!

I think his long throw rather does give us something going forward...

Do like JLT and he's done a good job recently but I would agree it's time to bring Clark back in now.

Attila Szalai gone to Union Berlin from Fenerbache. Darren Smith reckons we could of had that done this week but when a champions league club comes calling…

Would of been a great signing.

Back
Top Bottom