Central defence

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Paulus

Reaction score
One week to go and we have Egan, thank god, Bash, love him to bits but he is now 33 and Robinson, gives me the shivers when ever the ball goes near him. We’ve lost Jags, Bryan and Ampadu from last season, O’Connell has no return date in sight and Stevens looks like he’s out for a while as well, We’ve let young Graham go as well. What do we think the plan is? Can RND play centre back in a three? Perhaps we’ll slot McBurnie in there, facetious yes, but his manner on the pitch sometimes makes me think he’s more a natural defender than an attacker.

I think we need one team ready permanent signing and a loan as a minimum if we’re serious about challenging this season, some rumours knocking about but I’ll breathe a bit easier when I see some action.

One week to go and we have Egan, thank god, Bash, love him to bits but he is now 33 and Robinson, gives me the shivers when ever the ball goes near him. We’ve lost Jags, Bryan and Ampadu from last season, O’Connell has no return date in sight and Stevens looks like he’s out for a while as well, We’ve let young Graham go as well. What do we think the plan is? Can RND play centre back in a three? Perhaps we’ll slot McBurnie in there, facetious yes, but his manner on the pitch sometimes makes me think he’s more a natural defender than an attacker.

I think we need one team ready permanent signing and a loan as a minimum if we’re serious about challenging this season, some rumours knocking about but I’ll breath a bit easier when I see some action.

Not so sure we'll be playing a three, but yeah, I think RND can play LCB if we do.

Think the young lad Lopata is also left sided.

I think we need one team ready permanent signing and a loan as a minimum if we’re serious about challenging this season, some rumours knocking about but I’ll breathe a bit easier when I see some action.
Won’t be many fitter than Basham next season even at 33, so wouldn’t worry too much on that score!

Won’t be many fitter than Basham next season even at 33, so wouldn’t worry too much on that score!
I’ve no doubts that Bash will put it all on the line for us, I just think we look really thin for cover, we all know what a two game a week 46 match championship demands.

I'm more concerned about our lack of creativity in midfield. If Berge goes then we have nothing.
im pretty sure another centre back will come in before the end of august hopefully ben davies and we need another midfielder even if berge stays make it 2 if hes sold fleck and norwood have to have some competition this season

Just got a feeling in my water we will get a couple of Loan signings in before the deadline and maybe one permanent signing.

I like the look of Gordon as well. And Slav is the man to develop a youngster.
Agree, he’s relatively small for a central defender but he can get up the pitch when required and he's comfortable on the ball. Lopata isn't the answer to O’Connell, he's a very strong defender and good in the air, but won't offer anything going forward (not many can do what JOC does though)

Maybe we'll see the young lads come through alongside an established pro, like when Jags played alongside Pagey or Maguire alongside Collins?

With the youth players doing very well and coming through our squad looks quite big although last year it was considered small perhaps loan signings would be more beneficial we have spent a lot of money (for us) in the last 2 seasons I’m conscious that we could be stretched financially as people only see money coming into the club and not the outgoings we don’t want to end up like the ‘neighbours’ plus I’d like to see money spent on the training facilities to enhance the club and make the players we have even better.

I wouldn’t have any worries putting Krakow in from the start, he looked very good at Doncaster .

If Davies can’t be secured this week then I’d be happy if we went with Gordon against Birmingham. Jackie Long-Throw would probably start but if we’ve got a clear gap we can’t fill then the kids should be tried.
In a 46 game season, we don’t need to shit the bed after the first game.

I think we need one team ready permanent signing and a loan as a minimum if we’re serious about challenging this season, some rumours knocking about but I’ll breathe a bit easier when I see some
Yes, I know what mean about McBurnie. He spent most of his time on the pitch last season chasing after the opposition player instead of the other way round.

Ben Davies has to be first choice to get in

If Davies can’t be secured this week then I’d be happy if we went with Gordon against Birmingham. Jackie Long-Throw would probably start but if we’ve got a clear gap we can’t fill then the kids should be tried.
In a 46 game season, we don’t need to shit the bed after the first game.
Surely if we don’t win the first match by at least 3 goals then the season is over and the manager should go

Back
Top Bottom