Cashing In on McGuire and Long

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fiery Blade

Reaction score
There are currently several 'reports, circulating stating that Sheffield United will be hard pressed to prevent McGuire and Long going in the January window - especially as both have been 'in the shop window' with Under 21 Call Up and L1 Player of the Month respectively
On the back of the Annual Accounts report a £13million loss all of a sudden everybody appears to think that both players will go for any 'decent' offer come January.
It would be madness to sell either player in January as their value will be more or as much come the end of the season and without them, our aim of automatic promotion would be severely hampered!
Whilst I know McCabe would sell his Grandmother and anything that is not nailed down, he cannot lose on these two by leaving any sale to the end of the season
If we go up we stand a better chance of keeping them and perhaps enhancing their contract, if we don't go up sell them to finance another season in this 'Pub League'
Crystal Palace are taking exactly the same stance with their latest star
I listened breifly to FH last night and Rob Staton commented that United could not turn down any substantial offer for either player - whilst I and many others know that Rob Staton talks out of his arse McCabes' track record is very very poor in this department!

Reading that through the last sentence can mean two things:
McCabe's track record for selling key players at the wrong time is poor .....or
McCabe's record for talking out of his arse is very good!!!

yeah both.. i'll be worried when any of them come down with 'a cold' :D

Reading that through the last sentence can mean two things:
McCabe's track record for selling key players at the wrong time is poor .....or
McCabe's record for talking out of his arse is very good!!!

both ............ the man is a cnut !

We should sell McGuire (whoever he may be) for anything we can.

Harry Maguire, on the other hand, we should keep hold of.

It's Tongue/Tonge all over again. It's not difficult to get the spelling of our own players' names right...is it?

Both Long and Maguire are tied down to long contracts. Whilst that doesn't mean they'll not be sold, it does mean thay won't be going for a free at the end of the season, so we could hold out for more. Most of our 'undersold' players have gone in January when their contracts were up at the end of the season, so its been a case of get some money for them now, rather than nowt later. Short termist perhaps, as the money from promotion would outstrip any sale. But at least the recent extension to Harry's shows United might have finally learnt to get the contract talks done well before a player's contract is up.
So a couple of smarties and a friendly it is then.

Answer a question, if we'd gone up last year apart from Ched we would have probable kept everyone thats gone? Right? also we can't let out young un's play for any underage country teams, or get any kudo's for doing well ,Bollox ,we keep bangin on ,and rightly so bout Jags,Kyles,Lowts , now Cahill i don't count he's not really 1 of ours so what are we to do sign everyone on 15 yr long contracts and tell people they can't further there career, if a job came along with better conditions, and money, who on here would'nt give it a go, IF your last job had taken you as far as you could go. I would hate to see any of our young un's go at the moment but if we don't go up { don't worry we'll go up as champions } I hope they have a long career with us. U.T.B.

Id be very surprised if we sold either of them in Jan, I think they'll be here till the end of the season and then be sold only if we don't go up

If we did sell these two in January then there would be exactly the same difference between Crewe and ourselves as there was on Tuesday evening.

We should sell McGuire (whoever he may be) for anything we can.

Harry Maguire, on the other hand, we should keep hold of.

It's Tongue/Tonge all over again. It's not difficult to get the spelling of our own players' names right...is it?

Could have been worse, it could have been Longe, or even Longue, as well.

The sad thing is. If they are sold, no-one will kick up a stink.
Apathy well & truly rules.

They could contract triple Dengue Fever tomorrow and what good would they be to us then? Get them sold Superblade and deliver yet another excellent piece of business for the Club.

I miss Alien Woodward:(

It is essential that we achieve promotion this season, to have any chance of hanging on to these players over the next few years.

Promotion will enable us to offer them better contracts, increase our income and avoid the temptation to cash in. If we have any aspirations to climb up the league now is the time to start building a team of hungry young players around these two.

I agree with Ted, they will not go in January, maybe the summer like Lowton if we fail. :(

HH

Sell em , getting promoted with them in the side will be too easy and I for one like a challenge

Id be very surprised if we sold either of them in Jan, I think they'll be here till the end of the season and then be sold only if we don't go up

Better prepare yourself now then. It's the Blades way

It's a while since we've been too short of stuff to moan about that we have to speculate about what might go wrong, then get all upset about the consequences of it.

:D

UTB

Back
Top Bottom