Statistics Card watch - play nice or you're suspended son

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cappy

wishful thinking
Reaction score
I thought I'd post a new thread and update before each match as a quick view of who is looking at a suspension if they get booked in our next game:

CARD WATCH - Coventry City v Sheffield United - Sat 12th March, 2022.
Who is on 4 cards? Next one = suspension for 1 game

SUFC:
  • Conor Hourihane
  • George Baldock
  • Rhys Norrington-Davies

CCFC:
  • Jake Bidwell

Sources:
transfermarkt - Blades
transfermarkt - Coventry

Good idea. One of those slightly mysteries areas of the game unless you know where to look.

Is it 5 bookings since a certain date then? Billing just got suspended at Bournemouth for 10 bookings.

Good idea. One of those slightly mysteries areas of the game unless you know where to look.

Is it 5 bookings since a certain date then? Billing just got suspended at Bournemouth for 10 bookings.
They reset after matchday 20 I think.

I thought I'd post a new thread and update before each match as a quick view of who is looking at a suspension if they get booked in our next game:

SUFC:
  • Conor Hourihane
  • George Baldock
  • Rhys Norrington-Davies

CCFC:
  • Jake Bidwell

Sources:
transfermarkt - Blades
transfermarkt - Coventry
No.way norrington Davis doesn't get booked

SUFC:
  • Conor Hourihane
  • George Baldock
  • Rhys Norrington-Davies

CCFC:
  • Jake Bidwell

Sources:
transfermarkt - Blades
transfermarkt - Coventry
Doesn't the number of cards before a suspension change to 10 after game 19 or something?

What are the odds of all three getting booked today? That would leave us up sh*ts creek.

I was always under the assumption that it increased to straight up 10 cards so wouldn't matter if you got 5 after a certain date

Maybe I am wrong. I was just listening to a podcast that was talking about it, which got me wondering who was nearing suspension..... and transfermarkt was still counting to 5 so I assumed they were right

If it's wrong, happy for Foxy to delete the thread :)

OK, looking at this further.......

This is about the Prem, but the FA handle the championship in the same way....

"Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup.

Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in PL matches up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition."

So given we are past game 19, our suspension threshold is 10 yellows. Strange that transfermarkt don't know that

So, with that in mind..

Who is on 9 cards? Next one = suspension for 2 games
Who is on 14 cards? Next one = suspension for 3 games

SUFC:
  • Nobody (closest is Norwood on 8)

CCFC:
  • Nobody

Well....what an anti-climax this thread is 🤣

Sources:
transfermarkt - Blades
transfermarkt - Coventry
FA document explaining card rules - see page 5

Last edited:

SUFC:
  • Conor Hourihane
  • George Baldock
  • Rhys Norrington-Davies

CCFC:
  • Jake Bidwell

Sources:
transfermarkt - Blades
transfermarkt - Coventry
Lovely. Its 10 cards until matchday 32 though. Norwood is getting close.

I wonder if Roygbiv got it quite this badly wrong when he did his first view from? It'd be like him getting views from a team we aren't even playing. Christ!
You’ve started an interesting thread, I had no idea what the rules are, now I do, at least until I forget 🙂

SUFC:
  • Conor Hourihane
  • George Baldock
  • Rhys Norrington-Davies

CCFC:
  • Jake Bidwell

Sources:
transfermarkt - Blades
transfermarkt - Coventry
Great idea, assuming George and RND both play(good chance) and they both get booked(very good chance) we'll be struggling for wing backs against Blackpool

Something not right if there’s a reset, George and Hourihane are on 4 each for the season, RND on 6?

No, I'm not sure if it is right. Just checked back and unless I'm missing something, RND has had 3 (inc one in EFL cup) before the reset and 2 after, George 1 before and 3 after, and Hourihane one before and 2 after.

Edit: ah ok, just seen your update Cappy

As per the link to the FA doc and reply #17 in this thread showing page 5 of that doc........As we have gone past 32 games played, a player needs to have accumulated 15 yellows during the season to get a suspension (it would be for 3 games)

OK, looking at this further.......

This is about the Prem, but the FA handle the championship in the same way....

"Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup.

Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in PL matches up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match suspension in the competition."

So given we are past game 19, our suspension threshold is 10 yellows. Strange that transfermarkt don't know that

So, with that in mind..

Who is on 9 cards? Next one = suspension for 2 games
Who is on 14 cards? Next one = suspension for 3 games

SUFC:
  • Nobody (closest is Norwood on 8)

CCFC:
  • Nobody

Well....what an anti-climax this thread is 🤣

Sources:
transfermarkt - Blades
transfermarkt - Coventry
FA document explaining card rules - see page 5
But now we are past 32 games any player needs 15 to get suspended. It's not going to happen as Norwood on 8 is our closest

No need to shout. I was having a rather shitty brain day. A bit of an away day at Coventry kind of brain day it would seem.

I noticed Norwood got absolutely done for pace today on one of Coventry’s many counters, and didn’t try and bring him down. Which he often does. Although I think the lad was so much quicker he would have had a job on to clip him.
I just wonder if he was thinking about the bookings count and suspension. We really weren’t very physical today - no bookings anywhere. We’ve had some needless yellows recently; I wonder if players have been told to watch this with our ridiculous injury situation. Although the thread shows no-one’s actually close to it except Norwood anyway, so maybe not!

Back
Top Bottom