Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Protest in the car park complete waste of time. if you do not like the situation we are in stay at home. I am not keen on the Prince but who wants to buy a club at the bottom of the premier league who are odds-on for relegation?. He has to lower the fee he wants to sell. whatever happens, I will keep buying my season ticket.I am over 60 so one thing you can't complain about is the price you pay. been going to Bramall Lane since 1966. apart from August 1971 to January 1977. emigrated to Australia. not my fault i was only a kid and you have to do as you are told at that age. so I missed the glory years of the time. the team was legendary at that time.
It's not really only teams in the Premier League that get bought though is it? We've got a nice record of promotions and a strong track record for deep FA Cup runs over the years. We've got a decent stadium and we're well attended (13th best attendance in the Prem). I don't think we're as undesirable as many make out, the Prince just needs to bring his pricing into the real world.

It's not really only teams in the Premier League that get bought though is it? We've got a nice record of promotions and a strong track record for deep FA Cup runs over the years. We've got a decent stadium and we're well attended (13th best attendance in the Prem). I don't think we're as undesirable as many make out, the Prince just needs to bring his pricing into the real world.
Yes, we've been promoted to the PL twice, while under PA ownership...

Let's say some savvy investor decides we are worth the money. What figure would you suggest as a selling pricey? And what amount would you be looking for them to spend per year, let's say, over the next five years. To get things where they need to be?

I think l asked you what he was now asking. Did l miss your reply?

Let's say some savvy investor decides we are worth the money. What figure would you suggest as a selling pricey? And what amount would you be looking for them to spend per year, let's say, over the next five years. To get things where they need to be?
and what if he got us promoted again in 2025 before another year humiliation in the Prem, and promoted again in 2027 beofore another year of drubbings in the Prem..would you be OK with that? I'll be honest Id rather just have 4 half decent seasons in the Championship rather than watch us get our ass handed to us every other year. Neither of those options sound great though do they? I just want an owner worthy of our great football club, so we can hopefully start acting like a club with the 13th best attendance in the Prem.

And no, I'm not going to go round putting exact figures on it because I don't have to. However much he's been asking, clearly no-ones interested at that price, therefore lower it.

Last edited:

Am in car park at half four. Err, have you ever got undressed in front of a dog?

and what if he got us promoted again in 2025 before another year humiliation in the Prem, and promoted again in 2027 beofore another year of drubbings in the Prem..would you be OK with that? I'll be honest Id rather just have 4 half decent seasons in the Championship rather than watch us get our ass handed to us every other year.

I'm not going to go round putting exact figures on it because I don't have to. However much he's been asking, clearly no-ones interested at that price, therefore lower it.
Yeah. Championship football is pretty good. And we can win 3/4 of our games every season, or go in the pl and lose most. But that's another matter.

What I'm getting at, is what is your expectations from a new owner in terms of spending?

Am in car park at half four. Err, have you ever got undressed in front of a dog?
An hour before kickoff? Fuck that. I'll just have a grumble on the way in, at 25 past 5.

Strip searched for pyros and coke on Shoreham street?

It's become obvious that the Prince has no real desire to sell at a reasonable or fair price, and whilever he remains at the club its clear things will go from bad to worse.

It seems appropriate now that as fans we make a stand and peacefully protest against his continued ownership. We will demand that he drops his price and goes ASAP.

Ideally being on TV that brings our plight into the limelight and alerts some potential new owners of our situation

If nothing else is achieved it will cause the Prince huge embarrassment which he thoroughly deserves.

We've given him an incredibly easy ride so far, this easy ride can't continue any longer.

Hopefully see some of you in the car park Saturday 4.30pm.
(Shoes optional)
What will that achieve exactly!!??….apart from make matters worse. I suggest you stay away and watch it on TV…throw your TV through the window if it makes you feel better at the end..no harm done then. 👍

I don’t know why the poster is getting hammered for this….

So we should sit back and take it?

Yeah. Championship football is pretty good. And we can win 3/4 of our games every season, or go in the pl and lose most. But that's another matter.

What I'm getting at, is what is your expectations from a new owner in terms of spending?
Well a lot is to do with wages, clearly we pay worse than almost anyone else in the Prem, so we need to be willing to get a few star players on 80-90k a week. It's probable a couple of real proven quality marquee signings would cost a chunky £35 million each.

Well a lot is to do with wages, clearly we pay worse than almost anyone else in the Prem, so we need to be willing to get a few star players on 80-90k a week. It's probable a couple of real proven quality marquee signings would cost a chunky £35 million each.
So about £100m in year 1 , to get the ball rolling?

Apparently forking out for a season ticket and then the club not event trying is acceptable now.

Said no one but you BUT l understand the premise based on the “next seasons budget” comments at the start of this season. A truly low point.

I don't think so. They could only claim/seize stuff back in the form of assets Dozy may own - houses, jets, yachts etc.
He’s got a few million Nokia 3310’s with GCB as the ringtone that the Nigerian farmers returned to him, they can seize those.

Given the realities of the Prem & Championship why would anyone buy us that wasn't in a position to help us kick on? What would be the point?
Ask the owners of Reading or past owners of Bury and Torquay. No obvious intention to do anything other than own a football club.

Why not wait until the summer, until we see if anyone wants to buy us and we can see what players we are retaining. We know we are going down but we have bigger problems than the owner at the minute.

Wilder has gave us a bit of organisation. The negative seems to be that the dressing room ain't that cohesive when Wes has had a strop.
If Brewster McBurnie are given new contracts then it's Wilder who is an issue along with the recruitment scouting team.

I have now stopped taking you seriously!

Thanks for the laugh!

Is it a shoe off job ? If so we going left / right or both ? Just want to be prepared an all that

So about £100m in year 1 , to get the ball rolling?
Depends what league we're in doesn't it. If he comes in this Summer with us in the Championship then I highly doubt we'd be chucking £100 million about. But lets say we pull off mission impossible and stay up, yeah make it £110 million for fees+ appropriate wages for this league.
I'd be embarrassed to own a Premier League club if I couldn't do that, wouldn't you?

Depends what league we're in doesn't it. If he comes in this Summer with us in the Championship then I highly doubt we'd be chucking £100 million about. But lets say we pull off mission impossible and stay up, yeah make it £110 million for fees+ appropriate wages for this league.
I'd be embarrassed to own a Premier League club if I couldn't do that, wouldn't you?
That's fine. It makes it clear what the car park crowd are after. Demand he finds somebody who will buy, then spend £100m+ per year of their money on players. And that we stay up. And it isn't as loans that the club gets left with.

Good old Everton are paying £500k per week in repayments to one 'investor' for that kind of help. Only for 10 years though. Still leaves them £800m debt.
Be careful what you wish for .

I'm not saying we need to spend like that EVERY season, if our marquee signings prove to be worth anywhere near their fee (for once), then we don't need to go crazy again the following season. But yes we do need someone that can afford for us have a realistic pop at it. I'd be eternally grateful that's for sure.

Don't forget a buyer has to pay whatever the prince wants. and then has to have the dosh to afford new players so I hope who eventually takes over has very deep pockets.

Back
Top Bottom