Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think it was a very close thing last season re going bust.

That comment shows you have zero idea of how running a business works.

If you you only see supporting a football club with unlimited millions to spend, perhaps Sheffield United is not the right club for you.

Enjoy your car park protest, though, if taking your shoes off beware of broken glass.

Last edited:

Indeed. I do think that central to any buyers motivations for the club will be a very quick return to the PL followed by becoming established there.

As indeed are the 'new owners' that Sunderland, Blackburn, Pork, QPR, Norwich, Derby (to name but a few)

All crave.

How old are you?

Serious question
What’s his age got to do with anything?
He’s entitled to his opinion, just like you are.
I’m 67 if you must know, as if that makes any difference to the validity of my opinion, or those of Fjortofts Aeroplane.
My opinion is this guy in charge is making fools out of all of us.
He’s responsible for the biggest capitulation, in Premiership history.He’s shown utter contempt for the League we’re in, and worse still the fans who support the club.He sold our best players on the eve of the season, without any consideration for our the manager, the fans, or the reputation of the cub.We are the laughing stock of the league.
Worse still he’s jeopardised the longevity of the club, by failing to secure our valuable assets with many players being out of contract, at the end of the season, because fundamentally he doesn’t care about the club, and is only interested in himself,He doesn’t go to games, and only communicates with the club, through a third party maverick, cept for 1 or 2 bullshit interviews a season.If you think he has the best interests of the club, don’t make me laugh.Just take a look at the last 2 people he was willing to sell the club to,before the league rightly and allegedly,stepped in.
You may, disagree, which is fair enough, but leave the poor guy’s age out if it.Like you, he cares about the club, and the fact that he may have been supporting the club longer or shorter than me and you,is irrelevant.

What’s his age got to do with anything?
He’s entitled to his opinion, just like you are.
I’m 67 if you must know, as if that makes any difference to the validity of my opinion, or those of Fjortofts Aeroplane.
My opinion is this guy in charge is making fools out of all of us.
He’s responsible for the biggest capitulation, in Premiership history.He’s shown utter contempt for the League we’re in, and worse still the fans who support the club.He sold our best players on the eve of the season, without any consideration for our the manager, the fans, or the reputation of the cub.We are the laughing stock of the league.
Worse still he’s jeopardised the longevity of the club, by failing to secure our valuable assets with many players being out of contract, at the end of the season, because fundamentally he doesn’t care about the club, and is only interested in himself,He doesn’t go to games, and only communicates with the club, through a third party maverick, cept for 1 or 2 bullshit interviews a season.If you think he has the best interests of the club, don’t make me laugh.Just take a look at the last 2 people he was willing to sell the club to,before the league rightly and allegedly,stepped in.
You may, disagree, which is fair enough, but leave the poor guy’s age out if it.Like you, he cares about the club, and the fact that he may have been supporting the club longer or shorter than me and you,is irrelevant.
A question for you... Who is the best owner/chairman we have had since you started going to the Lane?

The Prince doesn’t communicate his vision for the club and he has faults

When was the last time, Tesco, Aldi, Waitrose, Sainsburys or John Lewis contacted you to share their vision, with which ever shop, you shop in ?

And maybe prospective buyers will be watching too? Gives a great insight into mardy United fans. Oooh, that'll make him/her/them buy the club.

When Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner paid $125 million for EPL team Aston Villa in 2006, for example, he pumped in $300 million over a decade, before selling to Chinese businessman Tony Jiantong Xia for just $90 million in 2016.

Forbes magazine estimated the venture cost Lerner around $100,000 for each day he was in charge.

Investment. 😂

If it wasn't for getting super lucky with Ndiyae playing out of his skin last season, god knows the state we would be in right now.

How did you feel about the transfer embargo? We could have probably signed Ndiyae or Berge on another contract if it wasn't for the embargo. It was a sign of major financial mismanagement.

So far he has attempted to sell us to 2 charlatans as they are the only ones who would agree to his crazy price. Since then we've heard NOTHING barring some talk of a broker .. dont you think thats weird?

And what of the future? Am I the only one who feels the writing is on the wall?

Has this January window instilled any confidence of planning for next season? One loan who apparently isn't for sale , one keeper who no one was sorry to see go? Masses of players out of contract this Summer. Curtis is the only long term positive.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we might be well & truly fucked going into next season and The Prince has to shoulder the blame.
Have you heard that football clubs sometimes have bad times as well as good ones?
Man City, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea, Aston Villa have all dropped a long way down the divisions in their (relatively) recent histories.
Shit happens, our owner will accept a lower offer than the quoted headline price IF a genuine offer from a genuine buyer comes in, so you might as well keep your shoes on and your feet warm and dry 😉

A question for you... Who is the best owner/chairman we have had since you started going to the Lane?
Not a question, a polite request.
Stop asking irrelevant questions, and respect other people’s opinion, without resorting to calling them effing idiots, if you don’t like what they say.
You’re better than that!

Not a question, a polite request.
Stop asking irrelevant questions, and respect other people’s opinion, without resorting to calling them effing idiots, if you don’t like what they say.
You’re better than that!
You can't think of a better owner/chairman we have had.

Again, be careful in what you are wishing for!

As long as the club is stable financially, we can get 11 players on the pitch and our shirts aren't bought from temu I cant ask for more.

Yes, it would be nice to win a trophy, but I don't want the club going bankrupt.

Last year with the embargo was the only point I have been worried and that now seems to be sorted.

I will take being relegated, I will take not fighting for promotion next year. The most important thing is that the blades survive, and in the current climate it feels a bit like some clubs won't do that.

Again, be careful in what you are wishing for

Not that I can’t think of em,but just not playing your game, mate.
Football’s changed beyond recognition, since I started supporting the Blades, and the merits of Dick Wragg, as a Chairman. In the 60’s,doesn’t really advance the debate or constitute a valid response to the points I made about the present Chairman.
It’d be more relevant, if you could focus on responding to the points I made about this Chairman, rather than just asking inane questions and/or making offensive remarks about other posters.

Not that I can’t think of em,but just not playing your game, mate.
Football’s changed beyond recognition, since I started supporting the Blades, and the merits of Dick Wragg, as a Chairman. In the 60’s,doesn’t really advance the debate or constitute a valid response to the points I made about the present Chairman.
It’d be more relevant, if you could focus on responding to the points I made about this Chairman, rather than just asking inane questions and/or making offensive remarks about other posters.
Since 1976 I see us as a top 10 club in the 2nd Tier. This season is our third in the PL under the current owner and it boils my piss seeing stupid so called Blades trying to ruin the club by organising stupid demos. I will not shut up.

The 2016 -2020 period was one of the finest times as a Blade, so looking at the ownership for most of that period you could argue the Prince + McCabe partnership was the best ownership period. Why did it seem so good? Because we started down in the doldrums of League One. We had plenty of room to move upwards.

Just to make it clear I'm not "spitting my dummy out" because we're getting relegated.. .I've seen us relegated plenty of times, that's nothing new. As Blades fans there has never been expectancy that we would do well in the Premier League, but there has always (and should always) be expectancy that we'll have a real pop at it. Otherwise why the hell would we all shell out our hard earned to go watch us capitulate?

If you had known that we'd make such little attempt re transfers this Summer would you have still bought your season ticket? I've never missed a season since I started going in the 90s, but if I knew we weren't going to make a reasonable attempt, then I'd have thought twice.

I don't recall it ever being so obvious that we weren't really trying (in terms or recruitment) before now. And now we're going to get to a point where its once bitten, twice shy. If fans don't feel we're going to have a serious pop at the Championship next season, why should they fork out? It's not unreasonable for them to think twice in such circumstances is it?

Since 1976 I see us as a top 10 club in the 2nd Tier. This season is our third in the PL under the current owner and it boils my piss seeing stupid so called Blades trying to ruin the club by organising stupid demos. I will not shut up.
To coin a phrase mate, we’re all Blades.
To my mind you’re one of the best if not THE best poster on here, but other people are allowed to voice their opinion, disagree with you and yes,protest if they want to,without you hurling abuse at em.
Who wants you to shut up? Quite the reverse,It’s you who appear to want other posters to shut up,and keep quiet,because you don’t like what they say, or the way they want to say it.
I happen to think that this Chairman is getting too much of an easy ride from our fanbase, and it’s about time we started voicing our concerns.I’m not a fan of car park protests and have never been to one, and won’t be going to one anytime soon, and choose other ways to get my point across.But,the guy who started this post, I reckon is no lesser Blade than us, and is entitled to his opinion and protest if he wants.
‘I’m guessing he’s not going to have much company at 4.30 on Saturday, and that will be a more telling response in support of your point of view rather than you hurling abuse, at him.He cares about the club, just like the both of us, and deserves to voice his opinion in whatever way he likes, so long as it‘s legal, of course.

The 2016 -2020 period was one of the finest times as a Blade, so looking at the ownership for most of that period you could argue the Prince + McCabe partnership was the best ownership period. Why did it seem so good? Because we started down in the doldrums of League One. We had plenty of room to move upwards.

Just to make it clear I'm not "spitting my dummy out" because we're getting relegated.. .I've seen us relegated plenty of times, that's nothing new. As Blades fans there has never been expectancy that we would do well in the Premier League, but there has always (and should always) be expectancy that we'll have a real pop at it. Otherwise why the hell would we all shell out our hard earned to go watch us capitulate?

If you had known that we'd make such little attempt re transfers this Summer would you have still bought your season ticket? I've never missed a season since I started going in the 90s, but if I knew we weren't going to make a reasonable attempt, then I'd have thought twice.

I don't recall it ever being so obvious that we weren't really trying (in terms or recruitment) before now. And now we're going to get to a point where its once bitten, twice shy. If fans don't feel we're going to have a serious pop at the Championship next season, why should they fork out? It's not unreasonable for them to think twice in such circumstances is it?
We had spent too much in summer 2020 and made mistakes. We have recovered a lot better than we did post Robson and the relegation to L1 etc. The gap between the PL and the Championship is growing every year making it harder for newly promoted teams. It didn't surprise me that we didn't spend heavily during the summer and I believe what we are doing is to take a step back and then take two steps forward in the next few years. I believe we will be in a better financial position next season in the Championship. Better players are not coming to us because we insist on having the relegation clause in the contract and they have a dim view of our city.

History shows that protests causes decline in our club fortunes and we don't need another decline that takes a long time for us to recover.

I'm just sick of the Prince getting such an incredibly easy ride off our fans. I want him to understand how unhappy we are.

Currently as fans we act like a person in an abusive relationship who doesn't dare speak out and invites more abuse year after year. It doesn't sit well with me.

I can't see any happy future while ever he remains at the club.
You should leave. Bangkok babe awaits you in S6 😘

To coin a phrase mate, we’re all Blades.
To my mind you’re one of the best if not THE best poster on here, but other people are allowed to voice their opinion, disagree with you and yes,protest if they want to,without you hurling abuse at em.
Who wants you to shut up? Quite the reverse,It’s you who appear to want other posters to shut up,and keep quiet,because you don’t like what they say, or the way they want to say it.
I happen to think that this Chairman is getting too much of an easy ride from our fanbase, and it’s about time we started voicing our concerns.I’m not a fan of car park protests and have never been to one, and won’t be going to one anytime soon, and choose other ways to get my point across.But,the guy who started this post, I reckon is no lesser Blade than us, and is entitled to his opinion and protest if he wants.
‘I’m guessing he’s not going to have much company at 4.30 on Saturday, and that will be a more telling response in support of your point of view rather than you hurling abuse, at him.He cares about the club, just like the both of us, and deserves to voice his opinion in whatever way he likes, so long as it‘s legal, of course.
I think the issue with some fans is they look across at the absolute freakshow at the Sty and console themselves that things could be worse. It's almost a shame that they're our local rivals because it sets an incredibly low bar. Then they look at our past owners, and again it's such an incredibly low bar that has been set. Our club is undoubtedly the biggest and greatest club in Europe that has never played in Europe. The reason.. a long string of substandard owners.

I honestly think the Prince took us to the brink, the transfer embargo could have just been the start of some very bad things if we'd failed to win promotion. He's had a lucky escape there, but the longer he sticks around, the more chance the shit will eventually hit the fan. I'm not saying he's been awful throughout his tenure, I thank him for some truly great times, but it's time to move on now, asap.

Without Dozy's deposit for his proposed purchase of the club last season we'd have been in big, big trouble.

Think about that for a minute. We had to rely on a cash injection from a guy who's currently being pursued by the FBI for a huge and elaborate fraud to get us out of a big hole.
Just a thought on this. If we received this money, which came from fraudulent activity, would we ever be liable to repay it if he's found guilty?

Just a thought on this. If we received this money, which came from fraudulent activity, would we ever be liable to repay it if he's found guilty?

I don't think so. They could only claim/seize stuff back in the form of assets Dozy may own - houses, jets, yachts etc.

I think the issue with some fans is they look across at the absolute freakshow at the Sty and console themselves that things could be worse
Others don't realise the alternatives really could be disastrously worse.
If Everton are relegated or were last season, they will go bust. One example.

Every single fan wants us to be successful. But not every fan expects there to be some benefactor in the background who will find it all.

We had spent too much in summer 2020 and made mistakes.

Looking at who we bought, is that really the case though? Ramsdale seemed like a lot on paper, but really wasn't for what we got and we sold for a profit twelve months later anyway. Bogle/Lowe I don't think have been bad signings, although their availability could be better. Wes was a free, Lopata/Coulibaly can't have cost much of anything. Burke I'll give you, but if you rephrase that as just swapping out an earlier error in Robinson you could argue that it wasn't a mistake that should be attributed to that window. Sure, people will point to Brewster, and I have said in the past that it looked a moderate overpay at the time, but it's nothing more than that. If our recruitment team all wears Captain Hindsight goggles and can see into the future that your next buy will have a two-sigma negative outcome in terms of injuries and form, they'd never make a mistake, but they don't. If you're saying that someone with Brewster's characteristics in summer 2020 was worth no more than £15m at the time and that's the max we should have bid, no argument with that there. If someone's saying that we should not have paid more than (insert amount League Two clubs were paying for strikers 20 years ago) because, through no real fault of the player or the club*, he's not contributed as much as he should have done, then that's a bit ridiculous

* - can be fairly argued that the fitness/conditioning/medical team under Hecky did not help matters, but that's a discussion already done in other threads

Protest in the car park complete waste of time. if you do not like the situation we are in stay at home. I am not keen on the Prince but who wants to buy a club at the bottom of the premier league who are odds-on for relegation?. He has to lower the fee he wants to sell. whatever happens, I will keep buying my season ticket.I am over 60 so one thing you can't complain about is the price you pay. been going to Bramall Lane since 1966. apart from August 1971 to January 1977. emigrated to Australia. not my fault i was only a kid and you have to do as you are told at that age. so I missed the glory years of the time. the team was legendary at that time.

Back
Top Bottom