Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Otherwise known as social media, where people state opinions as facts.

It's basically an extension of the Chinese whispers game we played as kids.

I think and I assume, which if repeated often enough becomes 'FACT' as Fallowfield often said.

Just look at the Brewster thread where various posters have quoted his wages as between £ 24 and £ 70 thousand per week.

Exactly. This over valuation narrative has absolutely no basis in reality. As we’ve seen he’s not even diligent with who he sells to at this stage. It doesn’t reek of attracting the elite.

Brewsters wages is an interesting one. I’ve been privy to some values on other players (not ours but locally) that tend to correlate to the rumours so sometimes an ITK leak isn’t too far off the mark.

What I believe to be more likely is that someone will work within the club, Leah a bit of vague info to a mate and then it will circulate. It’s likely though the info provided at the start is skewed so the employee can’t be identified (eg they’re told is 30k per week, so they’ll leak £35k so it’s not traced back to them).

Maybe it really is time for this to get off the ground to force him to lower his asking price by making it very uncomfortable.

We've laughed at them lot long enough for doing nothing about Chancer...
What if he doesn’t want to? Are a few people waving shoes near a Derek Dooley statue going to force him?

What if he doesn’t want to? Are a few people waving shoes near a Derek Dooley statue going to force him?
What if I throw my moccasin's at him?

In all seriousness though, what else can we as a fan base do? I'd rather do something than nothing at all. At least a show of displeasure sends out a message, of sorts. He probably has no idea that the fan base are largely sick to the back teeth with him.

What if I throw my moccasin's at him?

In all seriousness though, what else can we as a fan base do? I'd rather do something than nothing at all. At least a show of displeasure sends out a message, of sorts. He probably has no idea that the fan base are largely sick to the back teeth with him.
Vote with ur feet and don't go and don't renew your season ticket. Tbh, next seasons, season ticket should be free after the shite of this yr.

Vote with ur feet and don't go and don't renew your season ticket. Tbh, next seasons, season ticket should be free after the shite of this yr.

The Prince could announce he's investing nothing and intends to take us to league 1 asap, and many on here would still lap it up and splash out on a season ticket.

Exactly. This over valuation narrative has absolutely no basis in reality. As we’ve seen he’s not even diligent with who he sells to at this stage. It doesn’t reek of attracting the elite.

Brewsters wages is an interesting one. I’ve been privy to some values on other players (not ours but locally) that tend to correlate to the rumours so sometimes an ITK leak isn’t too far off the mark.

What I believe to be more likely is that someone will work within the club, Leah a bit of vague info to a mate and then it will circulate. It’s likely though the info provided at the start is skewed so the employee can’t be identified (eg they’re told is 30k per week, so they’ll leak £35k so it’s not traced back to them).

Our club leaks like a sieve.

£115m was the widely quoted price.
Leaked in articles re: 777, then Dozy.

It wasn't dreamed up by fans. Most were shocked by the number when it became public knowledge.

Well be did sign 7 of the players who played last night. Some for very large fees. So who else is to blame Einstein?
Yes he did sign those players.
But to say they were 'large' is disingenuous.
The fees were dependent on the limited budget he was working under.
Arsenal paid a fee for Rice that was more than the combined fees of the whole of our team out together.
The 'large' fees we pay out are miniscule compared to even the lesser PL teams.
Wilder was working to parameters set by the Prince.
The Prince has a major role in where to place blame.

This is not to say Wilder doesn't.

And I'm no Einstein!

The Prince could announce he's investing nothing and intends to take us to league 1 asap, and many on here would still lap it up and splash out on a season ticket.
Think Abdullahs half way there now, with how he's running the club (sorry ruining it)

So it’s the price then that we don’t know publicly, not the lack of buyers?

He can’t afford to run us, he’s said as much already. What the fuck will protesting do?

He’d be in the car park with us.

I get you need someone to blame and he isn’t without his share but he’s by far not the only problem we have.
He is “a” problem rather than “the” problem. For me his part is a sizeable problem, the fish rots from the head and this whole fish stinks

By “running for the hills” do you mean staying the US where he lives? He’s hardly ever been in Sheffield.
I think what CaptainMorgans is trying to say, and I have some sympathy for the view, is that the Prince seemed happy to make an appearance when things were great (as was his right as our owner) but is conspicuous by his absence (physical and virtual) now things are going pear shaped

According to the WUM Baltic we have had interested parties but from what he says they sound like they were not billionaires either. So it would be a move from one millionaire who can't afford to run the club to another millionaire that probably can't afford to run the club.
Sounds like neither of the potential buyers could run a lemonade stand…..

Why does there always have to be blame ?

Sometimes shit just happens.

5 seasons ago we had one of our best seasons ever, who was to blame ?
I’d say there’s blame, but it’s shared and not as simple as saying it’s a, b or c.

You are correct of course about five years ago. But Wilkos was a successful business five years ago too, but fell because of poor decisions by the business. I feel we are doing very similar

Getting promoted to the PL twice.

Some clubs would be over the moon getting there once.
Again, very true but at what cost in the long term?

Charlton used to be used as an example of being a yo-yo club, now look at them

Spot on, there aren't anyone else with enough money so we need to carry on and hope to turn it round.
At the moment we look as likely to turn around as Wile E Coyote when he falls off a cliff…..

By “running for the hills” do you mean staying the US where he lives? He’s hardly ever been in Sheffield.

Put Yusuf front & centre and advised we wouldn't be hearing from him anymore.

Then, when the tide turned under good management, he made a return.
Singing & dancing about what a great job he was doing on various fan podcasts.

A very rich owner would be nice, but a vaguely competent one would be a huge improvement. There is no aspect of our football club that appears to be well run at the moment. The decision to give a ten year contract to those bumbling inadequates at Compass is symptomatic of the general malaise.

There has been quite a lot of research on what makes for an effective organisation (regardless of its line of business) and the common elements are around such things as strong and effective leadership; clear objectives; having a strategy which is well communicated and regularly reviewed; ensuring the constituent parts of the organisation know their contribution towards the objectives, have unambiguous targets and are held to account for their performance; hiring and retaining the right people; squeezing the best out of all available resources such as finance, people, data, etc.

I can't see any evidence of any evidence of anyone at SUFC even trying to put these things in place. As someone else said on another thread, the club feels like a lower league outfit in the 1980s, where people get jobs because they're a friend of the family rather than because they know what they're doing. So if the Prince is going to stick around, and I can't see him leaving now the club is worth less than he has put in let alone what he wanted to sell for, he at least needs to ensure the club is professionally run. He's not going to do it; he's thousands of miles away, as far as I'm aware he doesn't have any direct day to day organisational management experience and he has proved he knows little about the specifics of running a football club. I can see no evidence that anyone else on the Board has anything to offer other than the ability to make mincemeat of the dullards that McCabe employed as advisors.

So for me, his next most important appointments should be:
1. A Chief Executive who can put in place the systems and organisational infrastructure to make the club an effective and improving business
2. A Technical Director/Director of Football who can ensure that all of the football aspects of the club - analytics, scouting, recruitment, contract management, academy, medical, conditioning, training etc are all pulling in the same direction. The days of a manager running the first team and all other aspects of the football side of the club are long gone at the higher levels of the game.

I didn't want Wilder back, but he isn't the only problem, just a symptom of the wider problems at the club. Brighton probably have a list of people who are candidates to be the the next manager after the person who replace De Zerbi. When Hecky finally lost the plot and the will to live, we floundered around and apparently went for the first person we could find who was local and unemployed. We have a great deal of catching up to do, but we can do some of that without vast resources, just the intelligence to employ the ones we have much more effectively.

The Prince could announce he plans on taking us on a conference tour and I'd still be here. I'm a Blade, I'm not just going to sod off when things get shit.

Back
Top Bottom