Can we do it?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Inter_blade83

Reaction score
16 games to go, 8 at home, 8 away.

Home:

Chelsea
Liverpool
Southampton
Villa
Arsenal
Brighton
Palace
Burnley

Away:
West Ham
Fulham
Leicester
Leeds
Wolves
Spurs
Everton
Newcastle

Out of the 8 home games, on current form, 7 are potential wins, giving us 21 points. I would only say Liverpool would be a guaranteed defeat at this point. The others' form is up and down. This would put us on 32 points. Can we get 8 points from the away games for the magical 40? Fulham, Leeds and Newcastle potential wins/draws, with the others very difficult away trips. Will be close, but we have to win at home to stand a chance.

I think we can do this. I'm just that crazy.

This will be another chapter in a wonderful 5 year story in which we saw our beloved club resurrected from obscurity to the cusp of greatness to pulling off the greatest escape in Premier League history.

Wilder believes it, the players have found their belief again, and against all expectation, so should we.

Now....are we in?

In a word, no.

However irrespective of how the next few months pans out, there have been signs of returning to the form / performances we got used to last season.

If we end the season well, and get to even 30 points and end up going down it will still be a massive achievement, and I'd wager every fan (& player) will be much more confident going into next year.

Last edited:
One game at a time fellas.

Let's not get too high about beating West Brom, but at the same time let's not get too down if we get pumped by Chelsea - I happen to think we won't by the way, and can see a draw on the cards.

Still loads of point to play for, and I do think Newcastle are still catchable, maybe Brighton too, but it is going to take a herculean effort.

So yes we can, until it is mathematically impossible, if unlikely.

We are all on a high after last night but we won't win many games where we play as poorly as we did in that first half

We can make a fist of it which can only be beneficial to taking momentum into next season. One game at a time. HT yesterday people were at zero, we won and people are back at 100. Let's just take each game at a time, we're still a little fragile and first half yesterday showed that.

Our best points total over a 16 game period last season was 25. I don't think 36 points will be enough (I also don't think we'll get 36 points, 25-30 is my bet)

Home:

Chelsea
Liverpool
Southampton
Villa
Arsenal
Brighton
Palace
Burnley

Away:
West Ham
Fulham
Leicester
Leeds
Wolves
Spurs
Everton
Newcastle

Out of the 8 home games, on current form, 7 are potential wins, giving us 21 points. I would only say Liverpool would be a guaranteed defeat at this point. The others' form is up and down. This would put us on 32 points. Can we get 8 points from the away games for the magical 40? Fulham, Leeds and Newcastle potential wins/draws, with the others very difficult away trips. Will be close, but we have to win at home to stand a chance.

I'm put in mind of a John Cleese line in Clockwise.

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand :)

I think all the away games are winnable, & 6 of the home games.

But I think we are down! Until last night I had given up.....................but you just never know!

1.5 pts per game gets us to 35 which might just do it. Basically win 1 in 2, and looking at those fixtures it's hardly impossible for a team that has just won 3/5 EPL games, including a 2-1 win at Man U.

Home:

Chelsea
Liverpool
Southampton
Villa
Arsenal
Brighton
Palace
Burnley

Away:
West Ham
Fulham
Leicester
Leeds
Wolves
Spurs
Everton
Newcastle

If it happens - then the LMA Manager of the year award is only going to one person :)

UTB

Concern this season for me is that it might actually take the magical 40 just to finish 17th. Fulham/Brighton/Burnley will all get that IMO. Only hope is that Newcastle get dragged into it.

Home:

Chelsea
Liverpool
Southampton
Villa
Arsenal
Brighton
Palace
Burnley

Away:
West Ham
Fulham
Leicester
Leeds
Wolves
Spurs
Everton
Newcastle

35/36 points usually does it. That means we need to to average 1.5 points per game, or a win just about every other game. No chance I'm afraid.

I don’t think we can do it to be honest. It’s all about finishing the season having a go. If we can go down fighting that will set us up for next season.
Whether you think you can,or whether you think you can't, your'e right.😉

Burnley have lost today
Fulham have lost today
Brighton will hopefully lose today

I can feel it in my water the signs are turning in our favour.

12 points off 15th at the moment ! (ignoring games in hand as we might get a few if we get further into FA Cup)

If we continue to play at the recent level, we should be able to nick some 8 to 16 points. If not, probably 5. So yes, I think we can make it - we shall absolutely destroy the record Derby's set. We'll end up somewhere in between 16 and 27 points, but the latter figure is something of a dream: it would need all the things to click and to go on our favour. Things usually haven't. Anyways, I'm personally all for us to win all the remaining games, as a supporter does. Just can't feel I could go with the current flow and somehow think we could avoid relegation. P.S. I reckon our points total at the end of the season will be 20 pts.

Concern this season for me is that it might actually take the magical 40 just to finish 17th. Fulham/Brighton/Burnley will all get that IMO. Only hope is that Newcastle get dragged into it.
Fulham won't get within 10 points of 40 they have won fewer games than us

I daren't even consider it, I fear the disappointment and regrets if we 'nearly' make it. 40 points is definitely not achievable, 30-35 points would be a fantastic achievement from where we were a few weeks ago.
9 wins and 2 draws would get us to 40 points.

If we continue to play at the recent level, we should be able to nick some 8 to 16 points. If not, probably 5. So yes, I think we can make it - we shall absolutely destroy the record Derby's set. We'll end up somewhere in between 16 and 27 points, but the latter figure is something of a dream: it would need all the things to click and to go on our favour. Things usually haven't. Anyways, I'm personally all for us to win all the remaining games, as a supporter does. Just can't feel I could go with the current flow and somehow think we could avoid relegation. P.S. I reckon our points total at the end of the season will be 20 pts.
Hope for the best expect the worst.

Back
Top Bottom