CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I expect the delay is Archer agreeing terms with Villa in respect to whether Villa exercises the buyback option. With a buyback clause, Archer has no choice but to join Villa. His agent will be negotiating salary in the event of different scenarios e..g. Archer scores 4 goals and is crap for Blades and gets relegated then a salary of 20k a week. But if Archer scores 15 goals, gets an England call up, and keeps Blades in the PL and Villa exercise their option to purchase him then a salary of 100k a week. These negotiations took over a week between Ramsey's agent and Villa after Burnley had announced they had agreed a deal with Villa.
Any chance we can just announce him now and let them sort them after? 😂

I expect the delay is Archer agreeing terms with Villa in respect to whether Villa exercises the buyback option. With a buyback clause, Archer has no choice but to join Villa. His agent will be negotiating salary in the event of different scenarios e..g. Archer scores 4 goals and is crap for Blades and gets relegated then a salary of 20k a week. But if Archer scores 15 goals, gets an England call up, and keeps Blades in the PL and Villa exercise their option to purchase him then a salary of 100k a week. These negotiations took over a week between Ramsey's agent and Villa after Burnley had announced they had agreed a deal with Villa.
It sounds to me like the deal's well past this point.

He was probably just trying to avoid being eligible for the man city game. Sat there discussing his locker door colour before he'd sign.

No.

If it is structured as people are suggesting, it is a £9m sale with another potential £9m should we stay up. They can't book the conditional bit until it is a known fact.
The accounting concept of 'prudence', would ALWAYS prevent you booking an optimistic £18m up front and then reversing £9m later, if we go down.
People are suggesting it's £9m now + £9m if we stay up because they don't understand instalments and the difference between the P&L, the balance sheet and cashflow.

It is an £18m purchase with a £20m contingent buy-back clause.

Anyone yearn for the good old days when a player simply signed on the dotted line ?
Not always that easy. I remember we once got a player as close as the Lane car park and then a phone call later he ******** off to Leeds and signed for them...Can't quite recall who he was though so it probably wasn't a great loss.

It'll happen, I'm not worried on this, suits all parties. If it goes beyond tomorrow though I'll be panicking though! 😄

He's waiting for page 100 to appear before signing the dotted line.

People are suggesting it's £9m now + £9m if we stay up because they don't understand instalments and the difference between the P&L, the balance sheet and cashflow.

It is an £18m purchase with a £20m contingent buy-back clause.
I agree and I don't think Villa would agree to that deal. If u get relegated it would mean we have sold Archer for 9m. We have rejected higher than that from other clubs and I appreciate that Sheffield United is a good club with some nice people but I think it is unlikely we would decide to reduce the price to 9m just because you are a nice bunch of lads

I'm in a place which has really spotty signal to the point where I think it's affected by clouds.

So where are we at? Medical part 1? Medical part 2: electric boogaloo? Actually signing a contract? Or are we waiting on the announcement video meaning he should be good to go after the international break, either this one or the next?
We h ve do e fir t pa t f med cal yes er ay. Seco d par of med cal th s morn ng. Vid o and cont act th s aft rnoon and hope ully an ounc. la er t day.

Ho e you g t that ok

Back
Top Bottom