CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rifleman said the other day how quickly the deal was set to go through. God knows how that was true as we'd clearly not agreed a fee. 3 days later we've pulled out. Don't know why they bother.
That isn’t what I said, I said it was accelerating but not to expect him in by forest.

Disappointing we’re seemingly no closer to signing any players who might be able to keep us in the league by scoring / creating goals.

Shambles of a window so far even with a couple of players who might improve the side - it’s much much worse than last years and seemingly will remain so.

Do feel like the buy back clause is a red herring. Why would villa even want to exercise it. It’s unlikely even if he does well he’s any better than most of villas forwards. They want to protect themselves in case he scores 25 goals - which clearly wont happen - Not the 5/6 goals that would make him our top scorer this season.

I’ve been told this one is escalating at a rapid rate of knots, won’t be in time for forest though
This is what you said so you’d think with this in mind we would have at least made a bid that’s acceptable or close to being acceptable. 2 days later we’d pulled out.

I’d possibly guess the initial info you received was incorrect.

Its all about timing. If we wait to end of window we may get Archer for less if Villa have had no more higher bids from Premier teams, which is where he wans to play. If we want him now then there is a price to pay for that, simple as.

Yep, pretty much this. You buy a player for the attributes they have at the time considering the range of potential outcomes. That defines whether it is a good deal or not. If Brewster had stayed injury free and looked profilic enough for Liverpool to activate the buy back, nobody says he's a waste of money. That we got the other end of the levels of outcomes is pure misfortune/mismanagement and does not affect whether we paid too much or not. Same with McBurnie or any other transfer. I swear some people here would look at a promotion saying "win a fiver on the toss of a coin, just a pound to play" as a bad deal if they lost
Aye
I’m calling ‘tails’
I’ll send you a quid if I loose - honest

Disappointing we’re seemingly no closer to signing any players who might be able to keep us in the league by scoring / creating goals.

Shambles of a window so far even with a couple of players who might improve the side - it’s much much worse than last years and seemingly will remain so.

Do feel like the buy back clause is a red herring. Why would villa even want to exercise it. It’s unlikely even if he does well he’s any better than most of villas forwards. They want to protect themselves in case he scores 25 goals - which clearly wont happen - Not the 5/6 goals that would make him our top scorer this season.
Just because there's no article's detailing how close we are to signing certain players, doesn't mean that we aren't close at all to signing those players.

All of this transfer stuff takes place behind the scenes and I highly doubt that managers tell journalists or other people exactly how close we are to signing a player.

Even if we don't get Archer (I wonder if Villa might be trying to create a bidding war for him hence the talk that the price has gone up) that doesn't mean that there won't be other targets we're in for (MGW flew under the radar until the day we signed him) that we don't know about or haven't been mentioned anywhere.

Two more signings?! Are they having a fucking laugh or what?

Look, I get that Darren does have connections at the club and that's why people see him as a reputable source.

But why are people believing that everything he says on Twitter is 100% the truth. He might be wrong, might be right, we'll just have to wait and see what happens come September 1st. Just because he says something doesn't mean it's 100% accurate.

This is what you said so you’d think with this in mind we would have at least made a bid that’s acceptable or close to being acceptable. 2 days later we’d pulled out.

I’d possibly guess the initial info you received was incorrect.
How so?

Don't rise to it.

These are delicate negotiations and some people on here expect real time information.

These things change all the time, anyone who has ever done a business negotiation knows that.

Villa are fishing, we are proving, Luton are proving, Man City are deliberating, all these things interweave. It's never as simple as chuck money at it. I know that seems an easy way, hit the asking price, but look at Liverpool with the Brighton midfielder, they put the cash up, but the player wanted Chelsea and went there.

Let's see how it plays out, but we've got until the end of the window to sort this out. Interesting to see who we end up with - it might get be Maupay.

After the window closes..... we have January to strengthen, then the summer.......... same owd same owd with United I'm afraid. UTB.

Just because there's no article's detailing how close we are to signing certain players, doesn't mean that we aren't close at all to signing those players.

All of this transfer stuff takes place behind the scenes and I highly doubt that managers tell journalists or other people exactly how close we are to signing a player.

Even if we don't get Archer (I wonder if Villa might be trying to create a bidding war for him hence the talk that the price has gone up) that doesn't mean that there won't be other targets we're in for (MGW flew under the radar until the day we signed him) that we don't know about or haven't been mentioned anywhere.

I’d like to believe that but with talk (el accounto) of there only being 2 signings. Assuming these are the 2 loans. Archer we are clearly not going to get now

Everything we see and hear from hecky suggests there’s nothing close and we’re fumbling our main targets massively. MGW was an out of the blue punt not some master plan.

Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if nothing happens and we hear vague talk of saving some budget for January. Which we then won’t use as we are cut adrift and it goes ‘into next years’ budget. And we never see a penny of it spent. It’s the Sheffield United way.

I’d like to believe that but with talk (el accounto) of there only being 2 signings. Assuming these are the 2 loans. Archer we are clearly not going to get now

Everything we see and hear from hecky suggests there’s nothing close and we’re fumbling our main targets massively. MGW was an out of the blue punt not some master plan.

Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if nothing happens and we hear vague talk of saving some budget for January. Which we then won’t use as we are cut adrift and it goes ‘into next years’ budget. And we never see a penny of it spent. It’s the Sheffield United way.
This whole "Sheff United Way" talk is just an opinion, not fact. It might be an opinion that is mentioned on here quite a bit but that doesn't make it fact or the truth.

My biggest gripe is that we looked to start the season with Ndiaye and Berge, then at the last minute changed our stance to undertake an entire squad rebuild by selling both at short notice without having secured their replacements.

If a rebuild was required, why didn't we begin the window by identifying our targets, bringing them in and allowing Hecky the opportunity to gel them into an effective system. We currently find ourselves in a position of still trying to build a competitive squad, with the replacements we have brought in being unfit and not ready to contribute. Absolutely appalling strategic planning

If anything, this window has taught us that we need some form of Director of Football/technical director to avoid such a scenario occurring in the future. They'll pay for themselves alone by simply helping us avoid this situation from ever occurring again, simply by putting in place a short term, medium and long term plan in regard to playing staff. I.e. we know Anel won't likely be here next year so we should actively be looking at achievable replacements with potential for development and likely profit on investment.

God knows where we'd be without Hecky, he's our biggest asset at the club at the moment. Without him coming in after Slav, I'd hate to imagine where we'd be. We must not allow us to get in that position ever again where it's promotion or bust, as it is not sustainable.

The only good that will come from us fucking about is that Osula will get more minutes to impress. I thought he did pretty well last Saturday, and if that curling effort had snuck in first half he'd be walking on air right now. He may be more inclined to sign an extension too if he's getting minutes on the pitch. I think he earned a starting place tonight whether McBurnie's fit or not.
Same Osula has a lot to like about him and I hope he will hit the ground running tonight.

With the creativity of Hamer in behind tonight we could have a chance.

I refuse to use unnecessary energy losing my shit over stuff until I know that is happening/not happening
Think it's a forum fallacy mate about expending energy.

I regularly see comments about losing shit as though many who are frustrated or disappointed in our transfer strategy so far, are actually walking around red in the face kicking stuff.

Some of us actually just type out our concerns calmly whilst relaxing at home.

Think it's a forum fallacy mate about expending energy.

I regularly see comments about losing shit as though many who are frustrated or disappointed in our transfer strategy so far, are actually walking around red in the face kicking stuff.

Some of us actually just type out our concerns calmly whilst relaxing at home.
Some do but others really do get worked up

Back
Top Bottom