CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Read we were signing Archer this morning and got proper excited. Now read through this and feel depressed as fuck. Honestly some of you lot are the most miserable negative people I've ever heard.
A lot of people are miserable because the club (they support?) HASN'T disappointed them with Archer.
🤔

Just watched his reel again (3rd time today) the speed this lad plays his football at is like nothing I’ve seen (arguably faster than back stabbing Ndiaye). He provides so many assists for some lucky guy stood in the middle to tap in. Hope we don’t try to slow him down to our snails pace build up.

Long way to go but he can be our next legend up front and Harmer same in MF. Nice thing is like Hamer he’s our player not a development player for someone else.

Got to say can’t believe the bulk of the discussion on here is bickering about deal structure and fees etc. stop it, revel in the fact we have landed one great player and are on the cusp of landing another great player. I’m bursting inside, yes we need a couple more to make this a great window but watch the goals and get wax lyrical about football not contracts cause football is gonna be brilliant with these latest signings
It’s the best transfer window we’ve had for incomings. Unfortunately we had a big loss in NDiaye (I’m not bothered about Berge now) & the majority of our best signings have come in either not match fit or not in time for the start of the season. We’re now playing catch-up, that said losing your first 2-3 games in the Prem is not disastrous it’s just not ideal.

Let’s hope Archer is like the main girl in one of those countless US teen movies, the girl with glasses who no one notices or thinks Is plane looking

Even though she CLEARLY FUCKIKG ISNT

Obviously better narratives out there but I’m happy with it
Rachel Leigh Cook springs to mind.
How Freddie Prinze Jnr picked her out was a total mystery! 🤣

Excited for archer. Buzzing. Well done to the board, hecky etc for this one.

I think the lad has a very bright future. He reminds me in his style a little bit like greenwood but without the rapey vibes.

I appreciate rocket, rifle, t-blade for keeping us entertained whilst we waited!

UTB!!
Entertained with bullshit itk comments in the cases of some...

Just watched his reel again (3rd time today) the speed this lad plays his football at is like nothing I’ve seen (arguably faster than back stabbing Ndiaye). He provides so many assists for some lucky guy stood in the middle to tap in. Hope we don’t try to slow him down to our snails pace build up.

Long way to go but he can be our next legend up front and Harmer same in MF. Nice thing is like Hamer he’s our player not a development player for someone else.

Got to say can’t believe the bulk of the discussion on here is bickering about deal structure and fees etc. stop it, revel in the fact we have landed one great player and are on the cusp of landing another great player. I’m bursting inside, yes we need a couple more to make this a great window but watch the goals and get wax lyrical about football not contracts cause football is gonna be brilliant with these latest signings
Which leads to the next question: who's going to be that lucky guy who gets into the right positions in the middle to knock all these tap-ins home? Someone already in the building or another new recruit needed?

Last edited:
I had a quick look and didn't see that. Sorry, if that's the case. I also have to say that some folk don't encourage older folk like me from making contributions on here. I'm excited by this prospect and just thought some of this information might be new to some people.
Everyone gets a bit of flack mate, dont worry about it, its just banter!!
Atleast your having a go, and you'll become more accustomed to it the more you use it, and then, you'll be rewarded with Shoutbox, then the shit really hits the fan!!!😂👍

Entertained with bullshit itk comments in the cases of some...
I think it’s all genuine personally. Things change quickly and all depends on their source etc. I don’t think anyone has the energy /time to make it up. I love the speculation but understand why some find it draining and annoying.

I think it’s all genuine personally. Things change quickly and all depends on their source etc. I don’t think anyone has the energy /time to make it up. I love the speculation but understand why some find it draining and annoying.
Very naive.

Was only a few hours ago one of these apparent itks were saying our business is done, no incoming before window closes....

2 in particular have been spouting garbage for months, zero credibility.

It’s the best transfer window we’ve had for incomings. Unfortunately we had a big loss in NDiaye (I’m not bothered about Berge now) & the majority of our best signings have come in either not match fit or not in time for the start of the season. We’re now playing catch-up, that said losing your first 2-3 games in the Prem is not disastrous it’s just not ideal.
Yeh, would have been nice to have top six as our first fixtures while we get ourselves sorted out then play rivals in bottom half.

But we are where we are and in a week we are starting to see the team take shape. As I said just hope we play to strengths and nort make them wind it in to play walking football.

Bloody hell. Please explain why.

Essentially every 21 year old young English player that’s had a good run in the championship is now put in the same Brewster category?

Archer literally tore us a new one a few months ago.

If archer keeps us up and scores a load of goals then he stays with us. If he doesn’t and we’re relegated then he goes back to Villa. It’s a no lose situation.
Just because we’re overpaying due to desperation on a largely untried kid at this level. An England starlet with huge potential but with a reasonable amount of risk, largely mitigated in this case with the relegation buy back and Villa giving us 3 points at the back end of the season to help us stay up.
Said this on #mostly_harmlessbox, but Brewster prior to his injuries and Archer would be a great pairing for playing on the counter this season.

Very naive.

Was only a few hours ago one of these apparent itks were saying our business is done, no incoming before window closes....

2 in particular have been spouting garbage for months, zero credibility.
Like is say i think it all depends on sources etc. one posters source might be more in the know or more connected than another. Things can move move quite quickly out of nowhere or someones source might be out the loop for a few days/week.

Like i say i like the speculation even if it’s bollocks. I understand that it’s all hearsay so i don’t get too wound up if it doesn’t happen.

Thanks for sharing the article. I hadn't read that one.

My Dad is retired, he says it's the busiest job he's ever had!

As such you've probably got less time on your hands than all those who have the internet on all day pretending to do work for a living 😉😁
I think the truth is that retired people (like myself) are just slowing down. An email that took my 5 minutes to write at work, now takes me over half an hour. Throw in those frequent (& embarrassing occasions) where I find myself sat at my desk in front of my PC having fallen asleep sat upright - how is that even possible? So my days are full and feel busy; but I think a management time & study inspector would fire me within a couple of hours! But can't complain. I still have the mobility to easily get to my seat at The Lane, the eyesight to know if we've won a corner, and the intelligence to know we won't beat Man City this w/e! UTB.

I think the truth is that retired people (like myself) are just slowing down. An email that took my 5 minutes to write at work, now takes me over half an hour. Throw in those frequent (& embarrassing occasions) where I find myself sat at my desk in front of my PC having fallen asleep sat upright - how is that even possible? So my days are full and feel busy; but I think a management time & study inspector would fire me within a couple of hours! But can't complain. I still have the mobility to easily get to my seat at The Lane, the eyesight to know if we've won a corner, and the intelligence to know we won't beat Man City this w/e! UTB.
I for one love you

It had to be the best….because we started the season by losing our 4 best attacking players….N’Diaye, Berge, McAtee and Doyle.
When we played Palace I knew we still had 5 or 6 major quality signings to come in.
At the time I understood that we were basically prepared to start with 0 points from 9 if it meant we had a chance of a strong team for the rest of the season.

This was always the plan….the Prince even announced the plan….but many depressive Blades were paranoid and assumed he was lying and wanted us relegated.
It was habitual behaviour with comments like “we never spend anything“ and “we have the worse owner ever”, “we were never going to buy Akpom we lack the ambition“.

Here‘s me thinking we spent 110 million during 2 seasons in the PL and we’ve consistently shown decent ambition with this owner.
Anyhow still don’t think anyone can get too excited, the squad still isnt good enough, we need 2 or 3 more to be make us a proper PL competitive team
but I’m very confident we’ll be making some more excellent signings before the window shuts.

Back
Top Bottom