CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Im pretty sure Ebbrell and Kendall were in cahoots with this one and knew exactly what they were doing

Pretty sure they were as well. Final pay day. The bastard wasn’t insured. 1.4 million in 1997 was a lot of money. Why the fuck did we sign him again?

He was not insured as he did not pass his medical, regardless of which Kendall still insisted we sign him
Which begs the question was JOC insured?

And the issue on Ebbrell's medical was something different to what did for him...

I've still seen Mr Smith online telling everyone that Mcburnie should be in contention for Friday (I'm sure Hecky will be delighted that updates on our players are being shared on Social Media)
He’s definitely changed tack recently. Was steering everyone away from the Hamer links and even did a detailed tweet about Smallbone. I reckon they’re still using him but he’s under different orders.

Leeds deluded fans are confident he's going to them. Someone should tell them that he's already got his championship badge of honor.

Mind you they also thought they were getting Hamer.. until they weren't.

A fair few dissatisfied with the 49ers and wondering where munneh gone.
Mate of mine who's a Leeds fan sends a few messages a day complaining that the new owners aren't backing Farke, angry at all the loan clauses all the players have ect - then gets excited about a midweek performance in the cup and expects them to batter Birmingham, and starts the cycle again on Sunday

I've still seen Mr Smith online telling everyone that Mcburnie should be in contention for Friday (I'm sure Hecky will be delighted that updates on our players are being shared on Social Media)

Tbf I do think Hecky said he’s in with a chance of being fit after the Sat game

Mate of mine who's a Leeds fan sends a few messages a day complaining that the new owners aren't backing Farke, angry at all the loan clauses all the players have ect - then gets excited about a midweek performance in the cup and expects them to batter Birmingham, and starts the cycle again on Sunday
Sounds like my forest pal. Moaning saying first half against Arsenal was like championship vs prem, ask him where he reckon they'll finish and he says top ten 😂

Liverpool put a ridiculous valuation on Brewster and we were gullible enough to pay it. This time we seem to identify more than one target and stick to our valuations of the players. If the club won’t sell according to our valuations of them we move on. It’s made business slower but should mean that we don’t end up overpaying

Agree with what you're saying but at the time £22 million for Brewster wasn't ridiculous, especially when we paid £20 mil for McBurnie.
It was an expensive gamble to acquire someone with no PL record but have excelled for 1 season in the Championship with Swansea and in the Liverpool reserves.
Many people with football knowledge at Liverpool, even their fans were convinced he was set for a bright future.

But if you remember at the time almost every Blade was slagging the club off for lacking ambition when the Brewster negotiations were dragging on
there were loads of comments like "typical United, stopping fkin around and pay the asking price"
and regards Brewster salary demands. "just pay him whatever he wants, it's the going rate for one of the hottest talents in the game"

At the moment we're after a striker, namely Akpom and Archer.
Look on the rumour thread, there are more comments saying "stop messing around and pay what ever they want because they are both class".

If Akpom does turn into a one season wonder and Archer becomes another Brewster
then amazingly the vast majority of Blades will be saying
"it was so obvious both players weren't good enough for the PL and it's gross mis management by Bettis to give them both expensive contracts that we can't afford"

My point is...it's so easy to criticise after the event.
Regards Archer it's a very similar situation to when we targeted Brewster
....a hot young English talent who is very highly rated, smashed it in the Championship for 1 season but with almost zero PL experience.
Villa and their fans are convinced Archer is set for a bright future, hence the buy back clause (almost identical scenario to Brewster at Liverpool).

Note: I'd love us to buy Archer...I'm convinced he'll be a success for us.....BUT I thought exactly the same with Brewster, still wouldn't surprise if he turns it around.

Last edited:
Note: I'd love us to buy Archer...I'm convinced he'll be a success for us.....BUT I thought exactly the same with Brewster, still wouldn't surprise if he turns it around.

I think with Brewster he very obviously has the talent, we've seen it whenever he's been fit for a run of games - since Wilder left at least, the problem is obviously fitness. If he didn't have cheesestring hammys then he would 100% turn it around.

Agree with what you're saying but at the time £22 million for Brewster wasn't ridiculous, especially when we paid £20 mil for McBurnie.
It was an expensive gamble to acquire someone with no PL record but have excelled for 1 season in the Championship with Swansea and in the Liverpool reserves.
Many people with football knowledge at Liverpool, even their fans were convinced he was set for a bright future.

But if you remember at the time almost every Blade was slagging the club off for lacking ambition when the Brewster negotiations were dragging on
there were loads of comments like "typical United, stopping fkin around and pay the asking price"
and regards Brewster salary demands. "just pay him whatever he wants, it's the going rate for one of the hottest talents in the game"

At the moment we're after a striker, namely Akpom and Archer.
Look on the rumour thread, there are more comments saying "stop messing around and pay what ever they want because they are both class".

If Akpom does turn into a one season wonder and Archer becomes another Brewster
then amazingly the vast majority of Blades will be saying
"it was so obvious both players weren't good enough for the PL and it's gross mis management by Bettis to give them both expensive contracts that we can't afford"

My point is...it's so easy to criticise after the event.
Regards Archer it's a very similar situation to when we targeted Brewster
....a hot young English talent who is very highly rated, smashed it in the Championship for 1 season but with almost zero PL experience.
Villa and their fans are convinced Archer is set for a bright future, hence the buy back clause (almost identical scenario to Brewster at Liverpool).

Agree and disagree with this in equal measure. It’s hard to know whether promising talent will materialise, but to effectively say “the fans wanted him so the board don’t need to take responsibility" is rubbish. There’s a reason fans don’t make decisions. The club pay people a lot of money who are far more experienced to make these calls. Fans don’t have access to scouting reports, deep understanding of the way player transfer works, the budget available etc.

As fans our knowledge on these matters largely start and end with YouTube clips of a player. Would the same fans still want him if they had known we were at risk of bankrupting the club if we signed him and then got relegated?

We definitely overpaid on Brewster, if I remember correctly this was partly down to Wilder insisting on it and not providing alternatives. The fee for Archer according to the itk on here is alot lower than you would expect, probably due to the buy back clause but for us in our position probably a good deal. If it was a case of a more experienced striker and him I'd be happy, if it's just him though it might be too much of a gamble given the inexperience if our other options.

Agree and disagree with this in equal measure. It’s hard to know whether promising talent will materialise, but to effectively say “the fans wanted him so the board don’t need to take responsibility" is rubbish. There’s a reason fans don’t make decisions. The club pay people a lot of money who are far more experienced to make these calls. Fans don’t have access to scouting reports, deep understanding of the way player transfer works, the budget available etc.

As fans our knowledge on these matters largely start and end with YouTube clips of a player. Would the same fans still want him if they had known we were at risk of bankrupting the club if we signed him and then got relegated?

Agree, of course you're correct but we seem to live in this "trial by social media" era.
So there can be so much uninformed unfair criticism. The owner has even been on a YouTube channel recently to explain his strategy for this season
and it's quite funny, that instantly we have fans who refuse to listen saying it's all lies, he wants to relegate us because he hates us etc etc.

Appreciate he's economical with elements of the truth as some of the stuff he said didn't quite make sense.
Thought his excuse regards how and why he came so close to, twice selling us to unscrupulous owners was laughable.
Our detectives on this forum took less than 24 hours of simple google searches, twitter searches and companies house searches to smell a rat.

However if he's explaining his plan then at least we should give him the benefit of doubt and wait to see what happens.
Also his past record regards transfers and supporting the club has been pretty good/ decent.
However can accept that as he wants to sell us...then his focus to improve us (regards investment) will have probably diminished.

Agree, of course you're correct but we seem to live in this "trial by social media" era.
So there can be so much uninformed unfair criticism. The owner has even been on a YouTube channel recently to explain his strategy for this season
and it's quite funny, that instantly we have fans who refuse to listen saying it's all lies, he wants to relegate us because he hates us etc etc.

Appreciate he's economical with elements of the truth as some of the stuff he said didn't quite make sense.
Thought his excuse regards how and why he came so close to, twice selling us to unscrupulous owners was laughable.
Our detectives on this forum took less than 24 hours of simple google searches, twitter searches and companies house searches to smell a rat.

However if he's explaining his plan then at least we should give him the benefit of doubt and wait to see what happens.
Also his past record regards transfers and supporting the club has been pretty good/ decent.
However can accept that as he wants to sell us...then his focus to improve us (regards investment) will have probably diminished.
I understand what you mean by "trial by social media" but I wasn't particularly blaming the board, just pointing out that last time our strategy was too focused on individual players which led us to overpay for the ones we signed. I much prefer this new approach and shows that the owner has learnt from past failings. We wouldnt be buying Brewster for 22m with this new approach even if the money was there as even at the time it felt like a risk. Brewster, along with others, is the legacy of a manager who kept threatening to quit unless he got the players he demanded which led us to paying far too much money. The board should be praised for changing their approach to a more structured one.

Yep it’s gone quiet, hasn’t it. Please bring somebody in whos any good!

We definitely overpaid on Brewster, if I remember correctly this was partly down to Wilder insisting on it and not providing alternatives. The fee for Archer according to the itk on here is alot lower than you would expect, probably due to the buy back clause but for us in our position probably a good deal. If it was a case of a more experienced striker and him I'd be happy, if it's just him though it might be too much of a gamble given the inexperience if our other options.
We overpaid on Brewster by exactly 23 million pounds!!

Yep it’s gone quiet, hasn’t it. Please bring somebody in whos any good!
Gone quiet at Heckys request? He openly told all these ITK wannabees to STFU in his interview did he not?

Back
Top Bottom