Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let’s frame it this way:
Could 19/20 Sheff Utd get better value than CR for £8m? Probably Not

Can 20/21 Sheff Utd get better value than CR for £8m? Most Definitely

Can 20/21 Promoted EPL teams (ie WBA) get better value than CR for £8m? Probably not

Interesting comments. Against QPR he was WBA best striker and the only one not taken off. His movement and positioning was excellent. Too many happy to write him off here. Yes he missed a sitter, but then again it was probably the most pressure he’s felt in his career. I personally think the experience of a championship run in will be invaluable for him. I’d have him back in an instant.

Well let’s see how he comes back if someone makes an big that’s interesting for SUFC then it will be looked at. If not he’s a very good option for us.

I didn’t see anything from Robinson the other night to change my mind on him. Unfortunately he’s at his level. And I struggle to see where he fits into any team because he’s not a natural goal scorer. He’s not lightening quick. He’s not strong or a handful. And he doesn’t appear to be that good running at players either.
The games he played for us once pre season was out of the way he looked out of his depth. He seemed to half sprint about, half close down, get in the way and often lose possession of the ball.
Initially I hoped he was just finding his feet and adjusting to the step up but as time went on there was little change.
Sadly, it was a cheap gamble for premier league money, but one that looks like not working out.

I expect him to be sold or loaned out again to a championship side. A Forest, or maybe a Derby type of signing.

Wilders press conference on Robbo
"I am not talking about individual players - Callum is under contract with us and there are always changes at the end of the season - I am delighted for Callum, he’s done great, Slaven and WBA a great achievement to get back into the PL, but there are always decisions at this part of the season that clubs have to make in terms of structure of the squad and Callum is our player and we will deal with that accordingly."

I didn’t see anything from Robinson the other night to change my mind on him. Unfortunately he’s at his level. And I struggle to see where he fits into any team because he’s not a natural goal scorer. He’s not lightening quick. He’s not strong or a handful. And he doesn’t appear to be that good running at players either.
The games he played for us once pre season was out of the way he looked out of his depth. He seemed to half sprint about, half close down, get in the way and often lose possession of the ball.
Initially I hoped he was just finding his feet and adjusting to the step up but as time went on there was little change.
Sadly, it was a cheap gamble for premier league money, but one that looks like not working out.

I expect him to be sold or loaned out again to a championship side. A Forest, or maybe a Derby type of signing.

I like Callum, always have, but I do tend to agree with your comments.

Pre-season at Barnsley he showed energy and skill but not much potential to fit in with our system, he looked like what he is; a winger in a team that doesn’t use wingers without the ability to change.

But lets remember, he was brought in for a specific reason and we have had such a wonderful season that the reason no longer exists.

We could have a nightmare next season and need him again, or a championship club may give a wedge for him, perhaps one of the newly relegated clubs with parachute money to burn.

Either way he has been an asset to the club IMO.

Nixon this morning saying we want £8m for Robbo and West Brom have offered £4m

As a side note, it also says CW needs a RB and may resign Kieron Freeman
They're taking the piss then. He'll be on our bench at the start of the season.

I think Robinson is a good player. Unfortunately I don't think he fits into our formation that well. It looked at West Brom he liked to drift out wide and be more of a wing forward

I reckon they'll meet in the middle.................£6m
£6m up front, rising to £10-12m if they stay up and he's a success. Maybe.

We paid £4m rising to £6m but he's arguably a Premier League player now, not a decent Championship player with 12 months left on his contract.

I wouldn’t let Robinson go until we have a forward lined and agreed to signing. At the moment we are looking like starting the season with Sharp, Didsy and McBurnie and that is it..

Nixon this morning saying we want £8m for Robbo and West Brom have offered £4m

As a side note, it also says CW needs a RB and may resign Kieron Freeman
That side note is rather alarming. Not that there's anything wrong with Freeman, but shows we're not confident of signing Cash or another RB.

Then again it's Nixon

According to SkySports he's heading to WBA.

Oli Burke coming in opposite direction.

No idea if any money comes our way on top, but you'd hope so.

According to SkySports he's heading to WBA.

Oli Burke coming in opposite direction.

No idea if any money comes our way on top, but you'd hope so.

It will be embarrassing if there isn't any money on top and call into question our negotiating skills. They value Burke at £5m we value Robinson at £8m.

Back
Top Bottom