Busy day today????

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadline day again

Must be time for endless repeats of the ‘fax machine‘, ‘Beattie flu‘ and ‘tried but ran out of time‘ japes

Here we are again, the start of the end…but there’s more…

Re this busy day...

We can actually sign players, that's not the problem, so getting deals over the line isn't the issue, we could sign Josh Onomah the minute his contract gets cancelled for example, even if it was at 5pm today

The problem is registering the player, so the challenge is getting our registration embargo lifted after we sign a player (but before the 11pm deadline).

I would imagine the club have already clarified this with the EFL, and have lined up for our embargo to be lifted the minute the transfer of funds is made with a reference of some sort, it's not all impossible, for all we know our funds may have already been paid and we're just waiting on the embargo to be officially lifted

Working from home me, so will probably have a wank on my dinner break

A previous endeavour of mine, but scarred for life when watching sky sports news on the tv in the background, I passed the point of no return on the money shot, only for the Sky to cut live to Harry Redknapps leathery mush talking out of his range rover window - Peter Odemwingie's failed transfer will always be a cloud over me

Thanks for asking, yeah it’s a busy one

I got the 0545 train from Hadfield to Manchester Piccadilly and am now waiting for the train to leave Manchester to Euston. Should be in customer’s Dover office by 1130, then a full remaining day of meetings and hopefully avoid a dinner invite so I can catch up on end of month finance admin

You? 😉

"Dinner invitation", not "dinner invite". Invite is a verb. Invitation is a noun. Bloody modern world, America. etc. etc. etc.

P.S. Fairly quiet one for me. Mostly wasting my day being pedantic.

According to usual madness sources could be off to Preston, Rangers and West Brom. He has hardly lit up the world stage however it would definitely up the fee on Berge if that was the deal to terminate the contract in exchange.

..or just means that there was not enough time left for the EFL to cancel the embargo.
Does the EFL operate out of normal office hours ?

I would imagine United have already spoken to the EFL about a scenario where a deal for a sale is agreed today at 8pm,
so funds might be received tomorrow or a few days later. So how does this effect our ability to make purchasers this evening?
You would imagine regards our targets all the paperwork and medicals will be done earlier today, so we're ready to rock and roll if we sell a player.

You would think that the EFL would be fair and reasonable
So once a sale has been agreed with all the transfer paperwork signed, sealed and delivered
then the EFL instantly cancel the embargo and allow us to make a purchase or allow a loan deal.

Last edited:
I'll add to this....

Not sell N'Diaye!
It sounds as though we are touting N’Diaye’s name about, as no other potential club has been mentioned since Everton last week.
It seems the asset stripping has begun.

We have until 11pm to:

Settle our debt with the EFL

Sell Sander Berge (or not)

Sign a replacement (O'Brien) or not

Bring a striker in to replace Khadra or not

Interesting to see if any of this happens

Hope the fax machine is working........
I'd imagine nothing much happening at Bramall Lane, maybe Berge does leave on the cheap .... hey ho we're Sheffield United.

I just hope it’s not a repeat of Deane & Fjortoft day … and I say with any confidence it won’t be

Surely that would only happen if we don't have a buyer or the deal to buy the club has fallen through.

Also perversely, it would mean we are a well run club.
Now that the PL parachute millions are closer to ending it's essential we cut our cloth accordingly.
We need to prepare for the possibility that we won't get promoted, it's too much of a gamble to risk our future on promotion this season.
Whilst in the EFL, then FFP rules mean we must get rid of players otherwise we risk a points deduction and admin.

Think it's essential that we play by the rules and don't (in effect) cheat.

Of course, if we have a new owner lined up then it is common sense and logical to take that risk
As it's a small investment now for much bigger riches and prestiege over the coming seasons.

As I've said the next 24 hours will give us all a massive clue about the financial clout and competency of our new owners.

It sounds as though we are touting N’Diaye’s name about, as no other potential club has been mentioned since Everton last week.
It seems the asset stripping has begun.
dont like saying this but it wouldnt suprise me if berge and nidaye are both sold today hope im wrong but weve seen it all before havent we 🤔

Assuming Hecky has to make do with a depleted squad for the rest of the season - let's do the maths...

18 games left. If we win half of them, draw 4 and lose 5 that will give us 88 points.
With those behind us taking points off each other, this should be enough.

Working from home me, so will probably have a wank on my dinner break

And still time within that break to nip to the post office, join in the office yoga session and see what's happening on S2 4SU! 😄

Sounds like any players we sign won't be match fit .. that's at least a month getting up to speed.

I would imagine United have already spoken to the EFL about a scenario where a deal for a sale is agreed today at 8pm,
so funds might be received tomorrow or a few days later. So how does this effect our ability to make purchasers this evening?
You would imagine regards our targets all the paperwork and medicals will be done earlier today, so we're ready to rock and roll if we sell a player.

You would think that the EFL would be fair and reasonable
So once a sale has been agreed with all the transfer paperwork signed, sealed and delivered
then the EFL instantly cancel the embargo and allow us to make a purchase or allow a loan deal.
I hope you are right.
If we have kept the EFL informed leading up to the embargo then I would hope they would be fair, but I just feel uneasy 😟

I have all the excitement and pure adrenaline generated by the knowledge we have no money and an embargo that prevents us making any signings.

Assuming Hecky has to make do with a depleted squad for the rest of the season - let's do the maths...

18 games left. If we win half of them, draw 4 and lose 5 that will give us 88 points.
With those behind us taking points off each other, this should be enough.
i think somethink like 83/84 could be enough this season two thirds of the league still have a chance of the play offs and their gonna be taking points off each other every week 8 wins and a couple of draws might be enough

Not tuning in or following any of it.

I was here before all of the players and I'll be here after they've gone.

The bedwetting and "I hope I'm wrong" doom mongering is exhausting.

Guess what, your football club might do something you'd rather they didn't do. It might be circumstantial. It might be a choice.

Riding the twitterblades hashtag for updates is impossible, it's full of fans who haven't yet calmed down from not being given a copy of JOC's MRI scan who are now angrily replying to anything Nathan Hemmingham puts out, asking for definitive proof of things that aren't true and can't be proven.

I thought it was about patience and a bit of maturity but it's actually just being in need of something to be angry at. They haven't enjoyed a single minute of being 12 points clear because we've...checks notes...dropped points sometimes and not played well all the time.

Well they really come to life at times like this. Live for it, in fact. I hope the next 24hrs is as miserable for them as they are hoping. I'll be on the rollercoaster putting my hands up in the air on the latest up and down.

UTB

Slight point of order, we can still register players and technically still be under an embargo:

“…the Club shall be subject to a registration embargo such that it shall not be permitted to register any Player with that Club without the prior written consent of The League until such time as the agreement is honoured.”

Guess what, your football club might do something you'd rather they didn't do. It might be circumstantial. It might be a choice.

Riding the twitterblades hashtag for updates is impossible, it's full of fans who haven't yet calmed down from not being given a copy of JOC's MRI scan who are now angrily replying to anything Nathan Hemmingham puts out, asking for definitive proof of things that aren't true and can't be proven.

I thought it was about patience and a bit of maturity but it's actually just being in need of something to be angry at. They haven't enjoyed a single minute of being 12 points clear because we've...checks notes...dropped points sometimes and not played well all the time.

Well they really come to life at times like this. Live for it, in fact. I hope the next 24hrs is as miserable for them as they are hoping. I'll be on the rollercoaster putting my hands up in the air on the

Its all very confusing and I can understand the need to know what's going on but it amazes me that some of our fans think its a good idea to put any kind of statement about our finances out on deadline day.

Well they really come to life at times like this. Live for it, in fact. I hope the next 24hrs is as miserable for them as they are hoping. I'll be on the rollercoaster putting my hands up in the air on the latest up and down.

UTB
Difficult to be objective, unemotional and detached when it comes to the Blades, although I slept soundly and resolutely all night. I resolute all night.

Back
Top Bottom