Bury & Colchester next up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WYorksblade

Reaction score
2 big games that could put us right back in the mix before facing Bournemouth.
heres hoping Saturday is the start of our assault up the table;)

2 big games that could put us right back in the mix before facing Bournemouth.
heres hoping Saturday is the start of our assault up the table;)
Absolutely. A much better performance against Shrewsbury will hopefully instill a confidence that has been missing over the past weeks. The home game against Colchester will be the test after losing 3 in a row at BL.
It would be great to go into the Bournemouth game with 3 consecutive victories.
UTB
COYRWW

Anything less than 6pts from these two games will be a failure but the "big" game is at Bournemouth, like last season we have taken very few points from teams at the top end of the table. We need to be getting wins over the teams around us, the failure to do so could cost us just as it ultimately did last season.

Anything less than 6pts from these two games will be a failure but the "big" game is at Bournemouth, like last season we have taken very few points from teams at the top end of the table. We need to be getting wins over the teams around us, the failure to do so could cost us just as it ultimately did last season.

I disagree. We beat Hudds and lost to Wednesday around this time last season. Draw both of those instead and we go into the last day ahead of Wednesday.

Bourenmouth is a must not lose game, not a must win...

It's February, nothing's important.

I disagree. We beat Hudds and lost to Wednesday around this time last season. Draw both of those instead and we go into the last day ahead of Wednesday.

Bourenmouth is a must not lose game, not a must win...
Really ? as we are 4 pts behind Bournemouth I don't see where a draw would be good enough for us

Bury will be tough. They have been on good form as Blackwell has predictably turned them around. Draw wouldn't be the end of the world provided we beat Colchester.

Anything less than 6pts from these two games will be a failure but the "big" game is at Bournemouth, like last season we have taken very few points from teams at the top end of the table. We need to be getting wins over the teams around us, the failure to do so could cost us just as it ultimately did last season.[/quote
Toytown Tramps team. Draw
Gypo's. 2 draws
nazi's team. Draw
bournmouth. beaten
Brentford. lost.
Also got to play 3 of these at home still. So not slit the wrists time yet brother.

I woke up with your actual sore neck this morning, so I'm not looking forward to watching a Blackwell team tomorrow.

i think Bury will be tough as Blackwell will have them fired up, they also beat Donny and drew with Brentford but if we can carry our improvement from the last game we shouldn't fear them.

Oh, you new kid on the block Dubbers.

My learned friend is harking back to a time when we had a stiff run of February fixtures on our way to relegation. Despite some saying this was a vital month, one specific poster insisted that it was indeed not a very important month at all (obviously he didn't know about your lass's birthday) and stuck to this view despite several suggestions that it was utter nonesense.

Obviously no-one on here would dream of naming names in such a situation but think about a Toblerone up your arse and you maybe on the right track.

I agree, 2 wins would see us right back up in the mix once again, but then again i wouldn't be entirely surprised to see us come away from both games without a win.

We are no great shakes at the minute, and have not been in great form, so therefore i'm not getting my hopes up that a solitary win will be the turning point and lead to something more.

Actually this season there have loads of draws between the top 6 sides and there is very little in this "mini league". We only got 8 points from 10 games against the top 6 last year, which accounted for 6 of our 10 defeats. It cost us promotion.

But totally agree with your point, instead of playing with fear we should go all out for wins in our 4 remaining games against the top 6 as it could make a huge difference. With this weekend's results, we are right back in it. 85 points might now win the league. Famous last words.

Bournemouth P 7 Pts 10
Brentford P 7 Pts 10
Doncaster P 6 Pts 9
Swindon P 6 Pts 9
SUFC P 6 Pts 7
Tranmere P 6 Pts 5

Danny seems to have a 'must not lose' mentality against the better sides. Anyone who went to Brentford or MK Dons would see that. Interestingly enough, when we start more positively, our results are usually better. We do give teams for too much respect in this league instead of going for them right from the off.

For me, we ought to easily beat both Bury and Colchester but who knows? We certainly have enough quality, it is whether we show enough desire and application (Deadbat mentioned work ethic again and that is spot on) from the first kick to beat these sides.

First goal will be important - especially against Bury. At home v ColU, I hope the fans get behind the team from the start.

Is it only only Cresswell, who's probably not going to even be in the squad tomorrow, that's left of the Blackwell era? A crazy amount of turnover consider it really wasn't long since he was manager.

Danny seems to have a 'must not lose' mentality against the better sides. Anyone who went to Brentford or MK Dons would see that. Interestingly enough, when we start more positively, our results are usually better. We do give teams for too much respect in this league instead of going for them right from the off.

For me, we ought to easily beat both Bury and Colchester but who knows? We certainly have enough quality, it is whether we show enough desire and application (Deadbat mentioned work ethic again and that is spot on) from the first kick to beat these sides.

First goal will be important - especially against Bury. At home v ColU, I hope the fans get behind the team from the start.

Interesting point. Against Tranmere at home, I am not so sure we went for a "must not lose " scenario, I thought we just lacked quality to break them down. I've listened on the radio V MK, Brentford and Swindown away and I would say other than Brentford, we have sounded mostly on the back foot.

I very much doubt we will easily beat either Bury or Colchester. We could'nt easily beat Hartlepool, Yeovil or Coventry so I don't see why it will be any different against Colchester. Ill be right behind them as usual though, but I would take 4 points from those two games.

Is it only only Cresswell, who's probably not going to even be in the squad tomorrow, that's left of the Blackwell era? A crazy amount of turnover consider it really wasn't long since he was manager.

It's not just that Loughboro - when we play Stevenage away in March I'd expect that only 3 of the side which faced them last season will be in the starting XI again:
Pos2011-122012-13 Possible
GKSimonsenLong
DRLowtonMcMahon
DCCollinsCollins
DCMaguireMaguire
DLWilliamsHigginbotham
MRWilliamsonFlynn
MCDoyleDoyle
MCMontgomeryMcDonald
MLPhillipsMurphy
FCCresswellKitson
FCClarkeForte

On the bench last season we had Long (now first choice), McDonald (first choice), Evans (jailed), Jean-Francois (injured), Porter (out of favour?). Of those, Long and McDonald were the two unused!

I happened to be in Colchester at the weekend and went and watched them against Preston, they mix their play up regularly and Preston love a hoof.

Things I noted were:

Centre halves love a piggy back while going for a header, but are generally dominant in the air
Clifford in the middle of the park is a good player
Keeper looked very ordinary, although has the ability to drop kick a ball almost from one end to the other
They whinge like hell
Steak & Ale pie was tremendous :D

Our record away from home versus teams in the bottom half is very good (3rd best in the division)

P8 W5 D3 L0 F13 A6 GD+7 PTS18 PPG2.25​

I'm going for a 1-0 win tonight with Flynn getting the goal (cue him getting dropped for Robson).

Back
Top Bottom