Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would absolutely take a point, but Burnley beating Boro now makes this game pretty much a free hit.

Glad they’ve got the promotion out the way before playing us, hope their players will take the gas off, we need to for the jugular there, we’ve beat them before.

I'm excited for Monday, does anyone reckon Kompany might have his eye on either Doyle/McAtee for next season???

Good shout that.
Don't think Doyle will ever become good enough to play for Man City so might be available for 15 mill,
where as McAtee is more inconstant but can produce moments of magic, so think Man City will still prefer to keep him.

I can see us wanting to buy Doyle this Summer and wanting to loan McAtee again.
However if Burnley are interested in McAtee then it's possible Man City might prefer him to go there.

5-2, last team to beat them, and not only beat them, smashed em!
Nothing to fear, just go and play our own game.
3 points Monday and I will start to believe!!
Unbeaten at home too !!

Well played burnley
Watched the Boro v Burnley game.

Thought Burnley looked a good team, nice blend of physicality/work rate with quality too, they did to Boro what Boro did to us.
Burnley pressed really well giving Boro little chance of building up spells of possession.
They also defended really and looked dangerous on the counter attack.

Burnley made Boro look very ordinary and it made me realise that Boro's naive open attacking football wouldn't work in the Premier League.
If Boro won the play-offs under Carrick I can see them having a similar season as Norwich did a few seasons back.
Playing open entertaining football, winning loads of friends, having the odd impressive win but losing most weeks.
I've been saying the same thing all season about boro

It's an all your eggs in one basket approach that every premier league team would easily exploit by defending their box and playing on the break

To be honest I'm.surprised more championship teams haven't exploited it but sometimes momentum is everything in the championship

Similar could be said of Burnley though they have an achilles heel in their aerial defending in particular the keeper but not one team since us had tried to exploit that which I find baffling
Instead most have tried to play them in to their hands by playing out from the back and straight on to their press

Anyway what do I know

Kompany and Arteta have both learned their trade from Guardiola. Xavi isn’t doing too shabby a job at Barca either. Is Guardiola the best of all time? Definitely right up there.

Isn't it a bit fanciful thinking that Burnley players will be out on the lash all weekend before facing their nearest rivals and the only team who can deprive them of the title (albeit that thought is even more fanciful, but still a mathematical possibility) I would imagine Kompany will be in uber pro mode and have them revved up for Monday's game in order to avenge their biggest defeat of the season and put the title firmly in their hands. It's not the 1970's anymore.

Isn't it a bit fanciful thinking that Burnley players will be out on the lash all weekend before facing their nearest rivals and the only team who can deprive them of the title (albeit that thought is even more fanciful, but still a mathematical possibility) I would imagine Kompany will be in uber pro mode and have them revved up for Monday's game in order to avenge their biggest defeat of the season and put the title firmly in their hands. It's not the 1970's anymore.
I don’t know. Look at how Wilder had the players out celebrating once promotion was won. Although Kompany will be streets ahead of Wilder in terms of professionalism, because that was actually quite embarrassing.

I don’t know. Look at how Wilder had the players out celebrating once promotion was won. Although Kompany will be streets ahead of Wilder in terms of professionalism, because that was actually quite embarrassing.
😆
Comparing Wilder with Kompany
I don’t think you could get too different types of manager.

Remember last time we went up our party started in the club house as the result came through and lasted all season

Norwich had a dinner in a civic hall with all the players drinking water and very subdued

Burnley will be the latter
Think kompany will not allow them to over celebrate while their is a title on the line

5-2, last team to beat them, and not only beat them, smashed em!
Nothing to fear, just go and play our own game.
3 points Monday and I will start to believe!!
Haven't played that well or scored that many since ....

I suspect with 21 points still to play for Kompany will be targeting another league record. The most points gained....

We're absolutely going there to beat them. We might not, but they'll know they've been in a game

Good shout that.
Don't think Doyle will ever become good enough to play for Man City so might be available for 15 mill,
where as McAtee is more inconstant but can produce moments of magic, so think Man City will still prefer to keep him.

I can see us wanting to buy Doyle this Summer and wanting to loan McAtee again.
However if Burnley are interested in McAtee then it's possible Man City might prefer him to go there.
I'm not sure McAtee fits into the way we'll likely have to play if we get to the EPL. I doubt we'll be playing with 3 attacking players.

I also don't think he's good enough and would probably benefit from playing every game for a top Championship club which plays to his strengths. He's played for us which has made him develop his defensive side but I suspect Pep would like to see him given free reign to his attacking talents. He needs to be a lot better with his decision making to play at a higher level.

I reckon Doyle might be a loan again, simply given the massive strides he's made in the last few games. Given he's displaced Norwood, I reckon we'd be a likely destination but I kind of suspect Pep would want to challenge him in another way. But that challenge, I guess, could be in a struggling top flight team.

I thought it was actually pretty convincing today, scoreline didn’t reflect the dominance

I have concerns.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not generally negative about the team, but we were quite nonchalant in midfield and at the back at times yesterday, and could've been punished on several occasions.

I just we could put the game out of sight more often, rather than worrying that we'll get sucker-punched in the dying minutes.

Doubt there will be many goals in it monday night. Could easily see a 0-0 scoreline. Then again we scored 5 vs Burnley more or less due them not parking the bus and struggling big time with the high balls. We,ve played 4 hours of leaguefootball without conciving,strength in that.

I'm not sure McAtee fits into the way we'll likely have to play if we get to the EPL. I doubt we'll be playing with 3 attacking players.

I also don't think he's good enough and would probably benefit from playing every game for a top Championship club which plays to his strengths. He's played for us which has made him develop his defensive side but I suspect Pep would like to see him given free reign to his attacking talents. He needs to be a lot better with his decision making to play at a higher level.

I reckon Doyle might be a loan again, simply given the massive strides he's made in the last few games. Given he's displaced Norwood, I reckon we'd be a likely destination but I kind of suspect Pep would want to challenge him in another way. But that challenge, I guess, could be in a struggling top flight team.

Not to rehash wilder’s relegation season but I sincerely hope hecky has learned the lessons from his time in charge in The PL. IF we go up

We have to play 3 attackers or we just won’t score enough! And it will be impossible to get enough points.

Results improved under hecky even just playing Ben Osborn in an attacking midfield role! Rather than the pathetic flat three we’d been persisting with.

Mcatee or loan again and look to purchase Doyle as a long term Norwood replacement would be solid business imo.

Again IF we go up.

I have concerns.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not generally negative about the team, but we were quite nonchalant in midfield and at the back at times yesterday, and could've been punished on several occasions.

I just we could put the game out of sight more often, rather than worrying that we'll get sucker-punched in the dying minutes.
We have done well not to get sucker punched at the end of matches, even though Wigan looked a poor side, the possibility was there for the umpteenth time this season. With the subs made towards the end, I can’t see us responding to a late opposition goal. Nevertheless, a win is a win just an uncomfortable one.

Im sure the Premier League must be delighted to have Burnley return so quickly.

Doubt there will be many goals in it monday night. Could easily see a 0-0 scoreline. Then again we scored 5 vs Burnley more or less due them not parking the bus and struggling big time with the high balls. We,ve played 4 hours of leaguefootball without conciving,strength in that.
Conceded 3 goals in 10+ hours of league football.

Back
Top Bottom