Burnley relegated

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwich the forever yo-yo side, I expect them to challenge.

Watford appointed the Forest Green Manager which could be great but I expect it to go the way of Cowley Bros, because going from Forest Green to a changing room that requires about 6 interpreters is a challenge.

Burnley remind me of us going down, got a side you expect to challenge but may be hamstrung by finances and burdened by expectation.

I expect that the loser of the PO final, WBA, Middlesbrough & a surprise package in Preston to challenge next season.

Watford appointed the Forest Green Manager which could be great but I expect it to go the way of Cowley Bros, because going from Forest Green to a changing room that requires about 6 interpreters is a challenge.

Burnley remind me of us going down, got a side you expect to challenge but may be hamstrung by finances and burdened by expectation.

I expect that the loser of the PO final, WBA, Middlesbrough & a surprise package in Preston to challenge next season.
Middlesbrough will be wank next season. Their manager will be a reyt baby and the football will suffer.

With Weeds getting themselves out of the mire managerless Burnley get relegated I’m just musing what ‘may’ happen with our former manager who was linked with them? I guess it’s watch this space btw I’m not ITK
As much as I would have loved Leeds go go down, they would be a bigger threat than Burnley, Burnley are f*cked financially by the sounds of it, the loan that was taken out to buy the club has relegation clauses in it, meaning that they have to pay 50m back straight away, they have no manager and 19 players out of contract, inrecon they’re going back to being a shit Lancashire club as they were pre prem days…aka Blackburn.

Don’t recon they will this time… unless they can pull a decent manager out of the bag.

Middlesbrough will be wank next season. Their manager will be a reyt baby and the football will suffer.
They don’t have a goal scorer or a reliable goalkeeper, both absolutely huge if you’re wanting to achieve any kind of success.
Wilder needs to make some very good signings to get them challenging

Can someone explain how ALK Capital managed to take over Burnley using Burnley's money? Sounds a bit dogy to me.

Can someone explain how ALK Capital managed to take over Burnley using Burnley's money? Sounds a bit dogy to me.
Burnley's previous owners used the broadcasting revenues to pay down debt and build a cash pile. I think they had over £40m in cash and no debt in their last accounts before the sale.

You could argue that this was careful and prudent stewardship of the business, or if you are cynical you could argue that they were making themselves attractive to a leveraged buyout and enabling themselves a handsomely paid exit route.

They'll be a good bet to go down again next season, given their financial worries

We have a better chance with Leeds staying up. Sunderland coming up is a bit of a blow purely on the size of the club and knowing they’ll not settle for just staying up.

Problem for us is the team/squad we finished the season with will probably be nothing like the one we start next season with.
Sunderland will have to improve dramatically to even have a shot at the play offs. Pleased to see them go up, but a very mediocre squad.

Reactions: RWE
I see Sunderland being competitive next season but nothing more.

Championship will be interesting next season. I could see only 1x relegated club going back up to the PL (Watford), whereas i think more recent teams who've been PL like WBA, Swansea and Stoke will have resurgences, I could also see Coventry challenging with Mark Robins, and Sunderland will be top 6 IMO.

I've not got a clue where we'll end up. With a good window and keeping majority, we could be top 2. Fire sale (Egan/Brewster/Berge/Bogle/Ndiaye/Jebbo) we could be in for a difficult season

Think we could do some damage next season if we keep most of them together. Expect Berge, Baldock and Jebbison (Everton or Leeds) to go.

We need more pace and athletically gifted players. Ease out Fleck and Norwood. Build the tram around NDaiye and Brewster.

Can’t see who’s going to do a Fulham.

Another small advantage for us next season is geographic...
A load of Lancashire teams all taking points off each other, and particularly looking forward to locking horns with Burnley.
For us, we don't get this derby intensity but do get some nice short, scenic journeys to away matches.

Burnley won’t have a pot to piss in with Mcabes american friends hoovering their tv money.

I was thinking Leeds would be as weak as Burnley next season, but Leeds would at least get a whacking great fee for Kalvin Phillips.

As enjoyable as it would’ve been to see Leeds drop today, we’re more likely to be promoted next season as a result of this.

I’d say the same for the play off final next week, it’d be lovely to watch it go tits up for forest but they’ll be a force next season if they don’t go up.
How do you work this as we’ve not even got a pot to piss in at the mo and selling off of amy top end asset’s

Now I've calmed down I want forest go up. I think the league is weaker next season now.

Either way, Sunday is win/win. Forest go up, Huddersfield won't be up to much next season. Hudders go up, well, forest are b@srards

We need to sign some decent players first then we will have a chance

Not sure Forest will be all that next season if they don't make it this time. A lot of their players are in loan and will be going back to their parent clubs in the summer. They might still be a threat but I don't see them being as potent next season if they lose the final.

Cmon Hudders.

Surely some mistake?

We've got dozens of forum posters who think if we have one season in the Premier League we come back down with a hundred million in the bank.

Surely Burnley must have almost a billion by now?

Looks wide open next season. We have a good base but the transfer window will be huge for us both in signing players and seeing who we can keep.

It does look like it will be really tight though. Nobody looks to have the strength of Fulham and Bournemouth. People talk about Forest but they either go up or lose their loan players (and probably Brennan).

To illustrate how bad Watford and Norwich were this season, our points tally last season would have been enough to see us finish 3rd bottom this season.

Watford: Unpredictable and inexperienced coach. Anything can happen there, expect a few to leave too

Norwich: No Buendia this time and sounds like fans have had enough with Webber, Pukki good enough to get them top 6 at least however if he stays. Can't see they dominating as they have done in past

Burnley: Looks like they gambled on staying up and it might backfire on them. Aging squad and expect the quality (Cornet, Tarkowski, Pope) they have to go. Loan situation doesn't look good too.

Will have to see what happens in the summer with us, as nobody knows what we will look like come August but this is the weakest three to come down for a while I think.
This is similar to how I see it too.

Along with whoever loses the play off final next week, we are the best two teams remaining in this division.

So will those coming down usurp us and Huddersfield/Forest?

Burnley have long struggled for goals. They suited to keeping it tight and this helps when surviving; a different balance is needed when going for promotion as they will lose important components of their backline - Pope, Tarkowski, Mee hasn't signed yet and Collins, Cornet and McNeil will have takers and they need the cash. You then have an aging team not really built for chasing wins.

Watford, well, if a decent man like Hodgson can't get a tune out of them, then I don't know who will. Maybe King stays and hits the ground running, but he's not na exceptional scorer and Denis already being linked elsewhere.

Norwich are fresh from another surrender campaign. They lose a little bit more quality once more when players leave. They had a decent midfield when they competed with us. I don't see it this time. Maybe they expect Sargeant to take the league by storm but no Buendia and Cantwell has lost his way a bit.

Aside from Wycombe being preferred to Sunderland, the division is shaping up well I'm that more of the same from Hecky and co and we could go one better.

That's not to say Boro and WBA won't also see it as an opportunity though neither finished the season on a high.

We are basing our assumptions on teams having the squads they finished the season with but if a team makes a landmark signing out of the blue then it all changes.

Looks wide open next season. We have a good base but the transfer window will be huge for us both in signing players and seeing who we can keep.

It does look like it will be really tight though. Nobody looks to have the strength of Fulham and Bournemouth. People talk about Forest but they either go up or lose their loan players (and probably Brennan).

To illustrate how bad Watford and Norwich were this season, our points tally last season would have been enough to see us finish 3rd bottom this season.
Watford should always be a threat in the Championship as they can bring players in from Granada or Udinese. Norwich look lost, selling Buendia before the season began was tantamount to giving up before the season had started. They needed to do better this season than in 19/20 to justify their approach and they failed miserably.

Burnley is an odd one. If the rumours are true about that loan needing repaying then they have a major cashflow headache but I am sure they can mortgage their parachute payments (as we did) to refinance it. Their issue is that they don't really have any saleable assets: Pope, McNeil (who was poor for a lot of the season) and Cornet are the exceptions. They struggled to score goals this season and I don't see them doing much better next year unless something major changes.

And, FWIW, our points last season would have seen us finish second bottom this year, behind Watford on goals scored :)

Burnley won’t have a pot to piss in with Mcabes american friends hoovering their tv money.

I was thinking Leeds would be as weak as Burnley next season, but Leeds would at least get a whacking great fee for Kalvin Phillips.

As enjoyable as it would’ve been to see Leeds drop today, we’re more likely to be promoted next season as a result of this.

I’d say the same for the play off final next week, it’d be lovely to watch it go tits up for forest but they’ll be a force next season if they don’t go up.
Don't forget we have Sunderland in the League next season. Their big crowds mean they are bound to be competitive.............

Back
Top Bottom