Outgoing? Bristol City approach for Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Made me laugh:

"We are not currently a larger club than sheff utd"

So presumably due to the planetary positions they aren't "currently" bigger than us, but when the world gets back to 'normal', they will be?

Who do these scrumpy slurping wurzel yokels think they are?

Yes sounds very nice . We lose 3 on the trot and some silly fucker supporters will be asking for Wilders head . If if we get promotion and struggle , silly fucker blades fans will again be asking for his head .

Sure as eggs are eggs Wilder will get the sack or leave.

It is not a match made in heaven. Fans are fickle and thick as pig shit . Get real . Nothing is for ever

I think Barney has learnt his lesson from the start of the season to be fair.

Is it just me that gets irritated as fuck by the use of initials when discussing people?! It only ever seems to happen on football forums & I spend half the time trying to work out who the fuck LJ or DC is before any of the shit people are spouting makes any sort of sense.

The rumour may or may not be true. Either way, not really that bothered as Lord Wilder is going nowhere.

UTB

I agree, I don't think LW will go anywhere and at worst will see out his contract

At the moment, CW is a L1 manager. Every season there's a good young upcoming manager, like JFH or Rowett. It's possible that CW might interest some clubs but it was only last year that loads of people were saying what a great, promising manager Johnson was.
As Bert has pointed out, the Cowley brothers will be the next big thing.
I can't see Wilder going before he's got us up, unless the board piss him off and he has a Clough-like bust up with them. Too many Championship clubs are chaotic and badly run. You only have took at JFH going to QPR to see how quickly things can go wrong in a manager's career. Half the clubs in the league are run by nutcases.

At the moment, CW is a L1 manager. Every season there's a good young upcoming manager, like JFH or Rowett. It's possible that CW might interest some clubs but it was only last year that loads of people were saying what a great, promising manager Johnson was.
As Bert has pointed out, the Cowley brothers will be the next big thing.
I can't see Wilder going before he's got us up, unless the board piss him off and he has a Clough-like bust up with them. Too many Championship clubs are chaotic and badly run. You only have took at JFH going to QPR to see how quickly things can go wrong in a manager's career. Half the clubs in the league are run by nutcases.

Or Eddie Howe :)

Yes sounds very nice . We lose 3 on the trot and some silly fucker supporters will be asking for Wilders head . If if we get promotion and struggle , silly fucker blades fans will again be asking for his head .

Sure as eggs are eggs Wilder will get the sack or leave.

It is not a match made in heaven. Fans are fickle and thick as pig shit . Get real . Nothing is for ever
Agreed mate, some fans a too quick to turn as we've seen. Personally I'm not expecting the current relatively good times to last for ever, but it'd be nice to think that we might at least get a few years stability and genuine progress after years of shite and let-down. Other clubs seem to manage it, why not us?

That said, I think key to success is good leadership, consistency and focus from the top down, I don't think there's a great deal of difference between fans of different clubs when it comes down to patience, especially if expectations have been raised for whatever reason. We've only got to look across at the Sty with seemingly everything going for them financially right now, but without a pot to piss in just a few years ago, to see how quickly fans can forget the crap they were in and and turn.

Agreed mate, some fans a too quick to turn as we've seen. Personally I'm not expecting the current relatively good times to last for ever, but it'd be nice to think that we might at least get a few years stability and genuine progress after years of shite and let-down. Other clubs seem to manage it, why not us?

That said, I think key to success is good leadership, consistency and focus from the top down, I don't think there's a great deal of difference between fans of different clubs when it comes down to patience, especially if expectations have been raised for whatever reason. We've only got to look across at the Sty with seemingly everything going for them financially right now, but without a pot to piss in just a few years ago, to see how quickly fans can forget the crap they were in and and turn.

Interesting and fair summation Gray. If there's a key, and I'm not altogether sure whether one exists, then it's the level of ambition of our current owners in relationship to what Chris Wilder wants. Should we ever achieve promotion to the Premiership then we'll find out exactly what this club is about. I know before then there's the small matter of what happens in the Championship, who we'll buy, whether the ambition is there to drive us forward etc, but if this current trend of delivering continues, then we'll have plenty to maintain supporter harmony.

Who can tell at what point Wilder decides where his future lies? Perhaps a show of intent might offer a glimpse of what the club are prepared to do in order to let Wilder know there's ambition behind the verbal assurances of what they intend to achieve. Maybe offering both Wilder and Knill long-term contracts might be a first step. Or maybe the club will wait until we've achieved promotion to the Championship to let everyone know what their intentions are. Of course a contract can be broken if there's discontent, or enough money is offered to sow the seeds of eventual divorce. Time will tell, but resting on our laurels, assuming we have any to rest on, won't be seen as a sign of a club who are serious about their intention to progress.

I think there is a link here with the library.
More like the BDTBL of old more likely to stay.
Stays like a library more likely to leave.
Simple, our choice.

Back
Top Bottom