Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Its a funny one yesterday, I can see why people are questioning those who thought he had a good game - missed a couple of chances, tired etc etc.

However - I thought it was the 'standard' stuff that I was encouraged by. His first touch looked like a Premier League player (particularly in the second half, close control and spun away from a wolves defender), he looked to link midfield to attack - something very difficult for a lone striker, his pace is still there.

It was a very encouraging performance, and it would now make more sense for him to be first choice over Archer. Its a shame the next match is against Arsenal where attacking opportunities will be limited.

I enjoyed Brewster's performance yesterday, didn't know he had that in him. With a bit of luck on the injury front, he could be one of our older players next season in the Championship and one that the youngsters look up to. To keep a smile on his face and support the team all the time he's been out injured tells me all I need to know about his attitude. I would love for him to get a run in the side and net a couple of times before the season is out. Remember that goal at Blackburn—some technique that.

He clearly has ability and on another day would have got at least one goal. One swallow doesn’t make a summer though so we need to see this consistently before we get too excited.

Then we have a very good operator at Championship level. O'Hare is off our radar and will join a Palace type club.

I like Szmodics and if we can reinvest the Archer money I'd go all out for this kid.

That "kid" fits the "can't have midgets" mentality most have here given he's 5'6", and will also be a few days from 29 by the time the next window closes. Please don't just look at the Championship and sort by goals and assume that whoever's up there is a good idea.

I am a Brewster fan, but anyone who says he was our best player today im questioning what game you were watching. He didn’t run the channels, he was static round the 18 yard box in any attacking situation and tired after 60 mins (to be fair coming back from injury so not to critical on that)

To be fair he won a couple of flick ons and hit the target once from a chance. But not sure what else he did.

Maybe that shows how crap we are if that constitutes a MOM performance.
You obviously weren't watching the same game as the majority of us. Did far more than a "couple of flick ons" and forced the keeper into two saves and a defender into one block which was on target.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Its a funny one yesterday, I can see why people are questioning those who thought he had a good game - missed a couple of chances, tired etc etc.

However - I thought it was the 'standard' stuff that I was encouraged by. His first touch looked like a Premier League player (particularly in the second half, close control and spun away from a wolves defender), he looked to link midfield to attack - something very difficult for a lone striker, his pace is still there.

It was a very encouraging performance, and it would now make more sense for him to be first choice over Archer. It’s a shame the next match is against Arsenal where attacking opportunities will be limited.
For the first time in a while he didn’t look like a kid who’d just won a raffle to be there.

Well done to him. But we need more, and lots of it.

Not his doing but this wasn’t Oné, plucked from the depths out the Outer Heberedies for a some new kit and a bag of balls. This was 23.5m of the King’s finest silver we splurged.

Hat-trick next week against Arsenal and we’ll talk 😉

. His first touch looked like a Premier League player (particularly in the second half, close control and spun away from a wolves defender)

This is something he's very good at. Despite limited playing time through injury, thats the 3rd or 4th occasion he's got a player booked or sent off in the last couple of seasons by taking it past them with his first touch.

Was great to see him actually get some game time and I thought he showed enough about him that if he can stay fit, he could still be an asset for us.

Those saying injuries aren't his fault are completely right, he seems to have kept working hard to get fit and playing. The red card was very annoying but we move on.

The big thing now is can he stay fit and be the asset we bought, or will it keep happening with his fitness.

I hope he can, but the past couple of years would suggest he is injury prone and likely to not get the run of games he needs. He is still really young and I hope he gets the chance with us to show his promise.

Fair play to Brewster, that red the other week was frustrating and would also have knocked his confidence.

But he’s played 82 mins today and grew into the game, the communication improved throughout.

For all his energy and endeavour, he was a threat to row Z for most of his chances but he kept going and looked better second half

When Diaz and Archer are injured he’s not a prolific threat, but he’s giving himself a chance…

Though saying all that he looked to be hobbling when he came off so it’s probably the last we’ll see of him this season or he’ll smash a hat trick v Arsenal
Last we'll see ever

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Decent performance by Brewster there. Well worth the 23 million we paid, to have a half-decent performance in a 1-0 defeat against Wolves. Bet all the people who said he was a waste of money are eating humble pie now.
Is it Brewster's fault that we decided to pay £23M for him?

Last edited:
A 100% fit Brewster is what we have wanted since he arrived. We have only ever had that for about 10% of the time he has been here.

Although I can't defend the lad anymore when you spend all that time injured and you start flying into tackles like the one that got him suspended. Not only is that a daft tackle to make but one that potentially injures himself as well.

I want him to come good and have injury free run in the team but I don't see it happening. It still feels like we are wrapping him up in cottonwool just to get him to feature in some games.

So if I'm reading correctly Brewster did a couple of things right as in what we are paying him to do, didn't go off injured nor get sent off and he's the next coming of Jairzinho?

There is definitely shades of William H Foulkes analysis of Connor Sammons "proper striker performance" away at Blackpool when he didn't score either here.

So if I'm reading correctly Brewster did a couple of things right as in what we are paying him to do, didn't go off injured nor get sent off and he's the next coming of Jairzinho?

There is definitely shades of William H Foulkes analysis of Connor Sammons "proper striker performance" away at Blackpool when he didn't score either here.
Well if you struggle with comprehension, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Brewster had a good game by all accounts.
Fans are pleased.
If he keeps it up and stays fit then he is nearer to the player we thought we bought.
Give him a run in the side and hope he maintains form.
If he does might be a good option next year.

No mention of Jairzinho really

For me yesterday Brewster did everything right bar score, given the time on the sidelines he will do well after a run in the side.

There is a damn good player in there, we just need to keep him fit on the pitch and that player will come out

We need the championship to get our mojo back, Brewster could be one of the biggest benefactors of this.

*How many of us really really want to stay up?
I just wanted us to take another opportunity to move off the bottom of the table and go from there, but that didn't happen. Talking about us staying up is a bit like talking about what I'd spend the money on if I won the lottery: as much as I want it to happen I'm way past thinking it'll come about.

We need the championship to get our mojo back, Brewster could be one of the biggest benefactors of this.

I do. We won’t but I’d love us to stay up. It increases to the attractiveness for a sale of the club, it has positive financial implications and is one step closer to establishing us. It also instils a confidence around the club that we should be there and not moonlighting.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Decent performance by Brewster there. Well worth the 23 million we paid, to have a half-decent performance in a 1-0 defeat against Wolves. Bet all the people who said he was a waste of money are eating humble pie now.
Not a patch on Lee Chapman eh?

Me,every day of the week. It’s a long,long call but develop like Villa,Wolves,Brighton,Brentford,Bournemouth, only trouble is we ain’t got pots of money,only a pot to piss in . The premiership is by far the most attractive in the world and I would love us to be labelled an attractive,hard to beat team (season finished 9th). Have you seen the championship standard this year ? Kin ell it’s awful. Anyway,back to reality,I’m going down the beach. (Shameless)

I do. We won’t but I’d love us to stay up. It increases to the attractiveness for a sale of the club, it has positive financial implications and is one step closer to establishing us. It also instils a confidence around the club that we should be there and not moonlighting.

You say that just as Everton get given points back after breaching FFP.

Last year of his contract this summer isn’t it. Tricky decision, do we extend on the basis he might come good or do we run it down and risk struggling to renew if he has a good year in the championship. Hopefully we’ve got a years option to make it an easier decision. I’m torn on Brewster, it’s not his fault we paid crazy money for him and I do think there is a player in there but he has a terrible injury record and he’s never scored regularly for us.

Last year of his contract this summer isn’t it. Tricky decision, do we extend on the basis he might come good or do we run it down and risk struggling to renew if he has a good year in the championship. Hopefully we’ve got a years option to make it an easier decision. I’m torn on Brewster, it’s not his fault we paid crazy money for him and I do think there is a player in there but he has a terrible injury record and he’s never scored regularly for us.
Get shut, along with a few others asap.

Nobody slags RND off for getting injured.
Nobody slagged JOC off for getting injured.

But Brewster and McBurnie. Yeah that's fair game 🤣
If this is a serious post and a go at people who watch the game and have seen why these ‘professionals’ have been injured then well done.

Some people don’t slag the top two off because they know they have been professional and very unlucky with how their injuries have occurred, the bottom two, especially the latter have known to act like clowns whilst out and this is public knowledge to everyone who watches the game and takes close attention to our players, figure that fucker out. 👍

Nothings fair game but I can see why it happens.

If this is a serious post and a go at people who watch the game and have seen why these ‘professionals’ have been injured then well done.

Some people don’t slag the top two off because they know they have been professional and very unlucky with how their injuries have occurred, the bottom two, especially the latter have known to act like clowns whilst out and this is public knowledge to everyone who watches the game and takes close attention to our players, figure that fucker out. 👍

Nothings fair game but I can see why it happens.
I disagree entirely.

I think most people slag off the bottom 2 purely based on their price tag

Back
Top Bottom